Seahorse Case for Phantom 3

Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00153U9NE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I ordered this case for my Phantom 3 Pro. Received it today and got it configured. All and all I'm happy with the fit and price.

I followed these instructions mostly

My Pics
2.png

The foam plucks out in smallish squares so you can layout and configure to your needs. I created a small spot on top for the extra battery that will be coming in a few weeks. For fit I removed the lower layer of foam and added some back under the remote. I'm considering trimming the top foam with a cutout the shape of the copter so that it isn't such a tight close. I want it snug but would prefer to put minimal amounts of stress on the phantom.

Reactions: Bigdz
Have the same case for my p2v+ but in international orange

Pick and pluck falls apart in no time. It's not durable to say the least. I've had a lot of problems with it in the past, then saw a tip on a photography forum that said to spay the top surface with Plasti Dip aerosol rubber coating once you have the foam configured how you want it - and it works awesome. I would highly recommend it.

Reactions: robiefield
Pick and pluck falls apart in no time. It's not durable to say the least. I've had a lot of problems with it in the past, then saw a tip on a photography forum that said to spay the top surface with Plasti Dip aerosol rubber coating once you have the foam configured how you want it - and it works awesome. I would highly recommend it.

Ordered some thanks for the tip!

I just found out personally why on Amazon the "title" of the case has "Carry On" in it (not just because most airlines it fits as carry on, except US Airways /American Airlines). It barely withhekd to the multi-pressure levels of being checked under the plane. It has a "pressure release" hole under the right latch but I just landed from flying from TX to Cali and I almost cried when I saw the case come down the conveyer belt in baggage claim. The center was sucked in dead center on top almost 4 or 5 inches and appeared to have crushed my P3P, but after swallowing the tears and opening it up the P3P survived. Need to do an IMU calibration but did a 3 minute test flight to ensure everything else was in working condition (gimbal, motors, etc).

I have a Pelican case for my Parrot Bebop (first drone), and will be ordering a different case with a PEV for airplane traveling just in case I can't carry it on (the other recommended P3P cases weren't going to get to me in time for traveling so after reading reviews I thought the Seahorse would be okay being checked. Too close for my comfort! If not flying anywhere I definitely recommend.)

All you have to do is put a small breather hole in a latch. Do you need it to be water tight? Use it as a flotation device? you just want to allow it to balance the internal pressure.. Guess what, your shampoo bottle did the same thing

:) I wasn't saying that the case is defective as they never sold or advertised that it was capable of being checked on airlines rather than carry-on, but thought I'd share my experience flying with it as I couldn't find any reviews about actually checking it on an airline. :) My shampoo bottle isn't holding $1500 worth of equipment.

For those who don't want to keep it water tight, your suggestion is a good one (put a hole in one of the latches so as to handle the pressure). I personally bought it to keep it water right for when flying off the boat on the lake/river. I'm keeping the case for using while driving places and if I fly an airline where it will fit their carry on restrictions.

I purchased this same case and it is working well! Here is the way I laid mine out.

Attachments

• 1436391085184.jpg
    1436391085184.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 515
  • 1436391119298.jpg
    1436391119298.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 489
Neat discussion. I think I'd prefer to keep the propellers on. Any issue with that? I do have a GoPro case for my Phantom 2 Vision. I can leave the props on, but have to be careful when I close the case. I've had a time or two where the props came out a bit bent. No harm done, but they took a while to flatten out.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj