Sea Pines Beach Club - Hilton Head Island

Koz

Reaction score
Went down to the Sea Pines Beach Club to shoot some stills and video the other day and the wind was a constant 15-20mph with larger gusts. The wind was moving down the beach and that made it hard to track on a straight line from over the water to the POI. The weather was kind of cloudy that morning so I'll have to go back there again on a sunny morning. Unfortunately we have rain in the forecast for the next week.

When I reviewed the video clips I took the one thing that stands out is that I need to run the Phantom further out and fly well past my subject. For example, on the shot where I went up over the deck of the Beach Club I should have flown past the building, then gained altitude and shown the golf course and lagoons across the street. Coming low and over the treetops in front of the building and then showing the ocean would have been a nice reveal shot as well. Another one I should have grabbed was a high altitude, straight down shot. A truck shot across the back would have been nice as well.

I actually went back there the next day, but the wind was even worse blowing 25mps and it was a lot cloudier so I didn't even bother. The video I shot was 1080p 30fps, widescreen, and the sharpness set to hard. Next time I'll shoot at the narrower setting and set the sharpness to soft. I'm still in a learning curve here with video.

Here's a link to the video and a still shot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vojjgcsIed8

beach-club-3.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie