Sd Card

Reaction score
Can I remove all photos and data using lightning wire to phone out in field? I have 64 gig San disk that is full. I already transferred videos and pics and now I want to clear card up for new video and pics.

I just bin mine with the playback button in app when I'm out and about,I download it my gallery then delete it from sd card

Reactions: Kenny1
Can I remove all photos and data using lightning wire to phone out in field? I have 64 gig San disk that is full. I already transferred videos and pics and now I want to clear card up for new video and pics.
Any images or videos you want to keep should be copied to your computer after the flight.
Once you've done that, there's no reason to keep them on the SD card - just format it.
Don't you want to start each flight with an empty SD card rather than one that's nearly full?

Reactions: thatsanicepicture
Yes - I agree. I usually take three or four formatted cards when I fly. I put them with the label facing up in a Kiorafoto card holder I bought on Amazon. When I bring the drone down, I change out the card and put it with the label facing down in the holder.

I have been taking my laptop with me, so I usually download the cards to the laptop in the field. I leave the cards loaded until after I have edited the still/video, then I reformat the cards and place them face up in the card holder.

When I have a process that I go through every time, I am less likely to delete something I should not have, or end up downloading the same shots numerous times creating many copies of the same stuff.

Yes - I agree. I usually take three or four formatted cards when I fly. I put them with the label facing up in a Kiorafoto card holder I bought on Amazon. When I bring the drone down, I change out the card and put it with the label facing down in the holder.

I have been taking my laptop with me, so I usually download the cards to the laptop in the field. I leave the cards loaded until after I have edited the still/video, then I reformat the cards and place them face up in the card holder.

When I have a process that I go through every time, I am less likely to delete something I should not have, or end up downloading the same shots numerous times creating many copies of the same stuff.

When you say formatted you mean empty cards?

Yes just emptying the card works as well. I prefer to format my cards. I have had instances where cards become damaged because I have copied over files many times, and then I lose the flight. It is probably also possible to damage a card by reformatting too many times, however that has yet to happen to me. I guess what is important for me is to have a system I use every time, but that's just me.

"There is no general rule how frequently a memory card should be formatted, but doing so about once a month should keep your flash memory device at its peak capacity for long. if you shoot, transfer, and erase lots of photo, you might want to format the card more frequently."

I have not used this card formatter, however it is recommended by sdcard.org

Last edited:
Reactions: Kenny1
Ok I purchased more San disc 64 g but these are A2 and I been using A1. Does anyone know if the A2 better or worse?

Yes just emptying the card works as well. I prefer to format my cards. I have had instances where cards become damaged because I have copied over files many times, and then I lose the flight. It is probably also possible to damage a card by reformatting too many times, however that has yet to happen to me. I guess what is important for me is to have a system I use every time, but that's just me.

"There is no general rule how frequently a memory card should be formatted, but doing so about once a month should keep your flash memory device at its peak capacity for long. if you shoot, transfer, and erase lots of photo, you might want to format the card more frequently."

I have not used this card formatter, however it is recommended by sdcard.org

Thanks[emoji106]

I bought more Sandusky cards.these are a-2 and the ones I had was a-1. Are the a-2 ok or better for P4pro v2?

Reactions: Dutiful1
I bought more Sandusky cards.these are a-2 and the ones I had was a-1. Are the a-2 ok or better for P4pro v2?

I was hoping someone who has used them would chime in; alas no joy. I think you should give them a try and report back. Checking the specs, it appears they may produce faster burst rates, but I have not used them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic