SD CARD INSTALL

Reaction score
question sd card is like not going in hard don't want to force it in I know there is two directions is is a problem outing it in with everything off if that matters

I'm not sure I can fully understand your problem?
Are you saying, your card is going in the slot very hard? Like it is not wanting to fit?
( printed side of SD card should be UP when installing it to camera. )
UP= towards the roof or sky, or top of camera

About where you said with everything off, do you mean power off, or have you disassembled the camera housing?
( without housing, the card might not be going in straight, don't force it, should go in SNUG, but not HARD. )
( power off, it is good habit to always do all plugging , unplugging wire wiggling, ect., with power off, so you do not short anything out. ) should have nothing to do with tight SD CARD.

Possibility: try a different SD CARD, to see if it fits? Maybe card is damaged? Or look in slot, make sure no foreign debris is in the slot, or if the slot is broken, or damaged somehow? Not allowing card to slide in smoothly.

Hope this helps, and the best of luck to you! Keep us updated on your findings!

Take care, fly safe!
J Dot

Are you saying, your card is going in the slot very hard? Like it is not wanting to fit?

About where you said with everything off, do you mean power off, or have you disassembled the camera housing?
( without housing, the card might not be going in straight, don't force it, should go in SNUG, but not HARD. )
( power off, it is good habit to always do all plugging , unplugging wire wiggling, ect., with power off, so you do not short anything out. ) should have nothing to do with tight SD CARD.

Possibility: try a different SD CARD, to see if it fits? Maybe card is damaged? Or look in slot, make sure no foreign debris is in the slot, or if the slot is broken, or damaged somehow? Not allowing card to slide in smoothly.

Take care, fly safe!
J Dot
thanks for the answer I did get it in ,just kinda tight havnt tried to remove it

Take care, fly safe!
J Dot
thank you for responding,,i did get it in just tight is that the way it is.i know on my fc40 camera goes in smooth thanks again seems like one one wants to respond to me maybe im a newbw

No,
Please don't think that, either they have not come across your unique problem, or the simple fact it is Mothers Day, and they are away!

We are here for you,
Maybe not ALL of us, but there are a ton of VERY helpful pilots here, as they have always been there for me, but sometimes it is a bit of a wait, until the right person has an answer for you!

We Do welcome you here, and thanks for keeping us updated, and glad you found a fix! A+

Please feel free to chat ANYTIME you want and we'll do our best, to help you, or just shoot the breeze!
Keep up the great work!

Take care, Fly Safe!
Your friend,
J Dot

No,
Please don't think that, either they have not come across your unique problem, or the simple fact it is Mothers Day, and they are away!

We are here for you,
Maybe not ALL of us, but there are a ton of VERY helpful pilots here, as they have always been there for me, but sometimes it is a bit of a wait, until the right person has an answer for you!

We Do welcome you here, and thanks for keeping us updated, and glad you found a fix! A+

Please feel free to chat ANYTIME you want and we'll do our best, to help you, or just shoot the breeze!
Keep up the great work!

Take care, Fly Safe!
Your friend,
J Dot
checked again I have to push in had will go flush with body of camera but when I remove it I have to use a razor blade to get it out also app say no sd card detected also went into app to format says the same thing what now ?? is this normal any suggestions

Definitely not normal?
Have you tried another SD card?
To see if it happens, that will tell us if it is the card, or card slot.

Secondly, the slot has a spring loaded mechanism, you should have to push card in further, and it should SPRING, out, mine shoots out if you don't hold your finger over the slot when ejecting. Your spring may be broken! Or foreign debris in the slot messing stuff up.

It might require disassembly of camera to diagnose the issue more thoroughly.

Card should push in and click into place, then you push in to cause it to eject. If that is not happening, there is a problem there!

Hope this helps!
J Dot

Definitely not normal?
Have you tried another SD card?
To see if it happens, that will tell us if it is the card, or card slot.

Secondly, the slot has a spring loaded mechanism, you should have to push card in further, and it should SPRING, out, mine shoots out if you don't hold your finger over the slot when ejecting. Your spring may be broken! Or foreign debris in the slot messing stuff up.

It might require disassembly of camera to diagnose the issue more thoroughly.

Card should push in and click into place, then you push in to cause it to eject. If that is not happening, there is a problem there!

Hope this helps!
J Dot
stupid me was looking at it tonight found there was a card in it after pushing another card in I guess on top of it so I pushed in and it did pop out put it back in had spring tension and clicked hope I didn't do no harm putting another card in It porbley went outside seems like it goes in and clicks now and when I push it pops out

Awesome,
At least you figured it out! I'm sure it is ok! if it clicks in and clicks out, I'm sure it is fine, these phantoms are built well, and are pretty darn tough!
Good show my friend!

Let us know if problem solved!

J Dot

ANOTHER PROBLEM my app is saying no sd card I put two in both say the same thing what should I do also green light flashing on camera whats t had happeni put in a card sunday don't thinking went in hard long story short there was one already in it I did push it with my finger came out normal spring loaded pushed back in heard it click do anyone think I broke something while jamming in the second one, again first one came out with no issues I did try two more sd cards both are saying no card detected have seen I this site same issues camera working fine just cant get sd card to work and green light flasking

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31