SD Card Error – Card or Hardware?

Reaction score
Hi all

I bought a Phantom 3 Standard on ebay. First flight, no problem – apart from SD card error.

I first tried the Sony SD card the owner had inadvertently left in the case. No luck. In any case, he said he had never used that in the Phantom.

So I bought another – the Kingston pictured.

Same error.

I have attached the pics.

Any thoughts. Am I just using completely inappropriate SD cards – and if so which cards should I use – or is there a problem with the camera hardware? Note I have tried to format the cards both in the Phantom and on my Mac.

Thanks

Attachments

• SD.jpg
    SD.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 555
Hey thanks both for the replies. Appreciated. I will provide further information when I fire up the beast. Hopefully today.

I've had issues when the card already has some PC files on it (especially hidden system folders/files). My pre-flight check always includes a 'format SD' just before take-off.

I've had issues when the card already has some PC files on it (especially hidden system folders/files). My pre-flight check always includes a 'format SD' just before take-off.

So the issue for me was an unsuitable card it seems as a new SD card seems to work. Araya38 thanks for flagging up Litchi
Be interested to hear more about your experience using that.

Hi all

I bought a Phantom 3 Standard on ebay. First flight, no problem – apart from SD card error.

I first tried the Sony SD card the owner had inadvertently left in the case. No luck. In any case, he said he had never used that in the Phantom.

So I bought another – the Kingston pictured.

Same error.

I have attached the pics.

Any thoughts. Am I just using completely inappropriate SD cards – and if so which cards should I use – or is there a problem with the camera hardware? Note I have tried to format the cards both in the Phantom and on my Mac.

Thanks[/QUOTE

I have a Phantom 3 SE and i have tried many different cards , same thing happens with every card , SD card error after 1-4 minutes in modes over 1080P /25. in 1080P/25 it works fine , the cards i tried is sandisk extreme 32 gb , sandisk extreme plus 32 gb , Lexxar 633X 16 gb

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic