SD Card bit dodgy?

Reaction score
Had my P4P a month or so now and had the micro SD card in and out a number of times but recently my new micro SD card sometimes wont click in right or when i try to remove it, it wont unclick i need to use tweezers carefully. Should I be getting this repaired or is this a build issue on them all?

The other one seemed to work fine until I lost it :eek: - i know I should just connect up the cable to PC but its a bit away from pc in a awkward place and I have a sd reader on my desk and surely the sd slot shouldn't be doing this?

Thanks

I have a Phantom 3 adv and I regularly remove and reinsert SD card, without any problem.
I would say there is definitely something wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

SD card reader is a delicate part. There have been few reports of they not working satisfactorily. I believe you should contact DJI service to get replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Do you still have the original SD card? Try it and see if it goes in and comes out easily. It might be your new card thats causing the problem.

Yes the spring mechanism in Phantoms is weak and can break if you dont insert the card correctly.

Thanks for responses

Do you still have the original SD card? Try it and see if it goes in and comes out easily. It might be your new card thats causing the problem.

Yes the spring mechanism in Phantoms is weak and can break if you dont insert the card correctly.

Il try and find it but not sure exactly where it is, if i can get my hands on a different micro sd card this week will test it. I've just re-tried the new card i got and now its working absolutely fine going in and out but not sure if i should send it back incase it does it again.

From what I have read regarding DJI Support i can see them getting it and be like "its working fine" so send it back without changing the part and means lot of hassle & been dronless for weeks for nothing.

Thanks for responses

Il try and find it but not sure exactly where it is, if i can get my hands on a different micro sd card this week will test it. I've just re-tried the new card i got and now its working absolutely fine going in and out but not sure if i should send it back incase it does it again.

From what I have read regarding DJI Support i can see them getting it and be like "its working fine" so send it back without changing the part and means lot of hassle & been dronless for weeks for nothing.

Thats always possible, thats why I try to stick to OEM DJI SD cards or Sandiscs. They always work for me and never jam.

Thats always possible, thats why I try to stick to OEM DJI SD cards or Sandiscs. They always work for me and never jam.

My new ones a sandisk that sticks. Going to have a dig out and see if I can find the one i lost to see if its just the new sandisk sd card....hoping it is. But as I say it seems fine now but it did this at the weekend then next thing couldnt get it out.

I took two wire zip ties and zip tied it into place. True I must now download using a USB cable but I don't have that problem anymore. - Jeff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20