Screen sharing question

Reaction score
So flying a DJI Phantom 3 standard using an andriod device, wondering if it is possible for me to share screens with another device. Both in real time. Any apps that I can use? Or is it impossible since the P3S is wi-fi based?

So flying a DJI Phantom 3 standard using an andriod device, wondering if it is possible for me to share screens with another device. Both in real time. Any apps that I can use? Or is it impossible since the P3S is wi-fi based?
1502518574734-2043366945.jpg
was keen tryed the device that conects to wifi the first closes out the other device and makes 2nd device just keeps opening and closesing repeats itself over and over while device 1 stays on app,like it tryin but someone keep shuting the door,these samsung devices,might work on i o s device better ,cant test that part

I've only had my first drone, a P3S, since April, so take this with the proverbial 'grain of salt' lol...

I wanted to do the same as you, and the only way I've found so far is with an Nvidia Shield K1 tablet, which has a mini-HDMI port. I now have a K1, and a 10' cable with mini-HDMI plug on one end and 'full-size' HDMI on the other. So I run a 20" flatscreen TV in my work van off a 300w inverter. Works great and people are amazed that they can stand next to the van with the side door open, have a real-time FPV birdseye view, and can watch the bird at the same time!

edited: As a bonus, the K1 will also 'Cast' wirelessly to my 48" living room TV. So I can stand on my deck, fly my new P3 Pro, and it displays inside on the LR TV... cool! That only works with the P3P tho, since the Tab and TV both have to be connected to home wifi.

Last edited:
I wonder if Screen Mirror or Side Sync will work.

I've only had my first drone, a P3S, since April, so take this with the proverbial 'grain of salt' lol...

I wanted to do the same as you, and the only way I've found so far is with an Nvidia Shield K1 tablet, which has a mini-HDMI port. I now have a K1, and a 10' cable with mini-HDMI plug on one end and 'full-size' HDMI on the other. So I run a 20" flatscreen TV in my work van off a 300w inverter. Works great and people are amazed that they can stand next to the van with the side door open, have a real-time FPV birdseye view, and can watch the bird at the same time!

edited: As a bonus, the K1 will also 'Cast' wirelessly to my 48" living room TV. So I can stand on my deck, fly my new P3 Pro, and it displays inside on the LR TV... cool! That only works with the P3P tho, since the Tab and TV both have to be connected to home wifi.
Wow now thats cool ,very good idea :rolleyes:

Here's my work van, took this pic the other day. The TV rides face-down on top of that plastic box at the back, you can see the back of the round stand in the window. Takes ~two minutes to set it up and turn on the inverter. Bought a lightweight tarp for shade in the field.

WorkVan#1.jpg

Reactions: JSKCKNIT

Actually, it should work with the 3A or any of the 4s. They all use lightbridge instead of wifi for the record/AC connection.

I think Litchi android has this feature. Not 100% sure, I'm on iOS.

The K1 is the only option for the P3 standard, but hard to find as its an older model. I've done several searches in vain. Litchi has a FPV goggle option, but no video share that Im aware.

So this may be another good reason for me to go to Litchi. But I want to share to a monitor or another Android Tablet. Can anyone confirm if this is possible? could you use the goggle option to go to a tablet or monitor?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl