Screen Recorder - iOS

Have any of you guys who have installed IOS11 noticed any battery issues ?

On the iOS device? Depends, my iPad Pro drains battery faster, while the iPhone 6S Plus drains battery not that fast as with iOS10. But I would say anyway this depends on your settings and usage.

A lot of people are claiming that the new OS has decreased battery life of the device over the previous version of IOS.

Have any of you guys who have installed IOS11 noticed any battery issues ?

I do find that the iPhones I've used with iOS 11 along with my 6th gen iPod do experience slightly decreased battery life but I'm sure they'll improve that on subsequent updates. The battery issues aren't as big as people on social media are suggesting.

Reactions: Technical Bob
Yep... and performance lag... hoping it works itself out after everything settles in.

Check your free storage, in my case having 4gb free space on the storage lead to huge performance lag. Having 8gb+ free storage on my iPhone resolved the lag issues.

Check your free storage, in my case having 4gb free space on the storage lead to huge performance lag. Having 8gb+ free storage on my iPhone resolved the lag issues.

I have a little over 10gb free.

I honestly think, and this is complete conjecture on my part based on history, observation and experience, that it takes a while for the new iOS to “work its way through the system”... best way I can describe it.

The first couple of days I wasn’t getting any more than noon before having to plug in. Now I’m getting 3-4pm again. Consistent usage, every day.

Now, the lags seem specific mostly to things like after I plug in, I have to hit the home button repeatedly, and wait between presses, to be able to open the phone. Little things like that.

This forum is one of the problem apps... scrolling is very jumpy and slow, not at all smooth.

There are several apps that require waiting between touches... but I accept that may be the app.

Not all issues are 3rd party app related. When I open Messaging, I sometimes have to wait a second or two for the keyboard to come up... there is just a blank white rectangle there for a moment.

Sometimes when I type, I can get several words typed out before they suddenly and magically all appear on the screen.

PS... it’s 11:49 and I’m at 20%

Last edited:
Isn't IOS 11 also 64 bit, where IOS 10 was 32 bit, so some apps don't work ?

Isn't IOS 11 also 64 bit, where IOS 10 was 32 bit, so some apps don't work ?

That I don’t know, but I do know several of my apps were warning me they wouldn’t be compatible with the new iOS.

That said, I haven’t found one that DOESN’T work... just the phone overall is slow.

That’s typical too though and I know that, because I’m talking about an iPhone 6. It’s like trying to load Windows 95 on a 486.

That I don’t know, but I do know several of my apps were warning me they wouldn’t be compatible with the new iOS.

That said, I haven’t found one that DOESN’T work... just the phone overall is slow.

That’s typical too though and I know that, because I’m talking about an iPhone 6. It’s like trying to load Windows 95 on a 486.
This is my concern tbh, I have a Iphone5 just for the drone, and I dont want to make it useless as I know it`s old tech, but it works atm lol

This is my concern tbh, I have a Iphone5 just for the drone, and I dont want to make it useless as I know it`s old tech, but it works atm lol

I don’t know what made me do it... I NEVER install updates until they’ve been out long enough to be bug tested and cleaned up.

I was thinking I’d like the “do not disturb while driving” feature, and there are some photo features I like, but I still shouldn’t have installed it.

Yet.

Reactions: Technical Bob
Actually, now that I think back, I installed it specifically for the screen recorder for flying...

Sad part is I don’t even know if I can install this iOS on my Mini2, which is what I use for flying.

Actually, now that I think back, I installed it specifically for the screen recorder for flying...

Sad part is I don’t even know if I can install this iOS on my Mini2, which is what I use for flying.

For the iPhone 5 it can't be updated past iOS 10, for which that latest version for the 5 is best optimised for it. I would highly recommend this update.

The iPad mini 2 can be updated to iOS 11, but I would personally recommend that you refrain from updating to version 11 if you are currently on iOS 10. It wouldn't be a totally awful experience to put version 11 on the mini - Apple would never send out an update that would make a device useless - but 10 will be more "fluid" compared to 11.

If anything doesn't makes sense let me know ;)

For the iPhone 5 it can't be updated past iOS 10, for which that latest version for the 5 is best optimised for it. I would highly recommend this update.

The iPad mini 2 can be updated to iOS 11, but I would personally recommend that you refrain from updating to version 11 if you are currently on iOS 10. It wouldn't be a totally awful experience to put version 11 on the mini - Apple would never send out an update that would make a device useless - but 10 will be more "fluid" compared to 11.

Weird it is telling me to update to IOS 11, which is why I am asking such questions.

Weird it is telling me to update to IOS 11, which is why I am asking such questions.

As mentioned in my previous post, the mini 2 does get offered the iOS 11 update, whereas the iPhone 5 does not. I just believe that iOS 11 on the mini 2 won't operate as smoothly as desired for some people. It really depends on what other apps you use, how much storage etc.

As mentioned in my previous post, the mini 2 does get offered the iOS 11 update, whereas the iPhone 5 does not. I just believe that iOS 11 on the mini 2 won't operate as smoothly as desired for some people. It really depends on what other apps you use, how much storage etc.
Yet again , I have a Iphone 5 that "IS TELLING ME To UPDATE"

The entirety of the reason I’m interested in it is, as per the title of the thread we’ve almost highjacked but have now brought full circle, is the screen recorder.

For that reason, I may be strongly tempted to install it... but my Mini 2 is dedicated to flight so there are no additional apps on it other than those for flight.

Who am I kidding... I KNOW I’m going to do it! I’ll let you know how it goes...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl