Screen glare

I think I like the idea that I heard earlier, a guy said that he took a baseball cap and sewed some black material (like part of an old tee shirt) to the bill that would be long and wide enough to hang down over the controller after you get the drone in the air away from obstructions so you could fly it looking through the camera.

How does everyone control the glare on the screen outdoors?
I have been flying using my phone as a monitor and have experienced the exact same thing. I looked on YouTube and found loads of vids on how to make your own sun shade using cardboard. I’m making one now. Cheap and easy.

I have been flying using my phone as a monitor and have experienced the exact same thing. I looked on YouTube and found loads of vids on how to make your own sun shade using cardboard. I’m making one now. Cheap and easy.
I tried this and it didn't work very well for me. Check out the reply that I am going to try.

I use a Samsung S8 phone with the brightness turned up all the way. It is difficult to see screen activity in the sun - much better in the shade. I made a hood from cardboard and tried using it but didn't feel it improved the image very much. Also, it gets in the way of sticks.

I use a Samsung S8 phone with the brightness turned up all the way. It is difficult to see screen activity in the sun - much better in the shade. I made a hood from cardboard and tried using it but didn't feel it improved the image very much. Also, it gets in the way of sticks.
Thank you. And Yes I also tried the same thing and I didn't care for the results either. I am going to try sewing some black material to the bill of a baseball cap as I answered earlier in this post.

It also helps to wear a black or VERY dark shirt. That really cut the glare for me.
Thank you. good advice but all I see on my screen is my face !!
I'm going to try the black material on baseball cap thing next.

I've tried Hoods ... DIY and shop sold. I've tried anti-glare stickon to screen ... I even made a 360 degree funnel shaped hood ...

Success ? no. Now I just have screen brightness at full and auto adjust disabled. I move about to get best possible angle from sun and still have antenna orientated ..

I think I like the idea that I heard earlier, a guy said that he took a baseball cap and sewed some black material (like part of an old tee shirt) to the bill that would be long and wide enough to hang down over the controller after you get the drone in the air away from obstructions so you could fly it looking through the camera.

True but blocks "VLOS"

I use the Crystalsky Monitor. Problem solved

I've tried Hoods ... DIY and shop sold. I've tried anti-glare stickon to screen ... I even made a 360 degree funnel shaped hood ...

Success ? no. Now I just have screen brightness at full and auto adjust disabled. I move about to get best possible angle from sun and still have antenna orientated ..
Tried that also, but didn't work very well for my phone. Thanks.

Tried that also, but didn't work very well for my phone. Thanks.

As I said ... Success ? No.

I just live with it now.

Main thing to remember are the BUTTONS to press on the controller when you cannot see the screen !!

I can't justify spending on a CrystalSky.

With a dark shirt and wide brim hat, this works well for me:

DSC_0574_1.JPG

not a good idea. Can't see the drone that way. or even people walking up on you. You need to be able to see the drone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers