Screen gets really dark

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm a beginner with only around 15-20 flights with a P4P that unfortunately has the latest firmware. I am having an issue with the screen getting very dark when the camera is almost straight ahead. I have attached a screenshot of the dark screen and the brighter one. All settings are the same. All I did was adjust the gimble. I apologize if this had been covered in another thread. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
ef7c293641f936563f69d6c8e8db507c.jpg

57a733f935703f4055e44ed1917bfabd.jpg

It's autoexposure. Has nothing to do with DJI Go OR Litchi. Your phone will do the same. It also has nothing to do with the gimbal except for the fact that in the first picture, you're pointed at a very bright sky. The exposure (without trying to explain photography) decreases (darkens) to "level out" the brightness. The camera can't properly expose the bright sky AND the darker ground at the same time. When you point down to the ground, the exposure increases (lightens) the image. ALL cameras, when set to "autoexposure" will do the same. Your Phantom camera is performing normally. The only way you can show the sky AND have the ground properly exposed is to manually set the proper exposure for the ground. Unfortunately, that will also leave you with a washed-out, very bright white sky.

I don't know but I do know that Litchi by far outclasses DJI GO! It costs a whopping $23.00 but compared to q $1,000 drone, it is nothing. Certainly worth a try and then you will be on here suggesting others try it!!!
Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: Pharm
It's autoexposure. Has nothing to do with DJI Go OR Litchi. Your phone will do the same. It also has nothing to do with the gimbal except for the fact that in the first picture, you're pointed at a very bright sky. The exposure (without trying to explain photography) decreases (darkens) to "level out" the brightness. The camera can't properly expose the bright sky AND the darker ground at the same time. When you point down to the ground, the exposure increases (lightens) the image. ALL cameras, when set to "autoexposure" will do the same. Your Phantom camera is performing normally. The only way you can show the sky AND have the ground properly exposed is to manually set the proper exposure for the ground. Unfortunately, that will also leave you with a washed-out, very bright white sky.
Thank you for the help!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik