Scared for my life... Physically

I still can't figure this out.

You "thought" they were going to punch you, but never gave anything to say why you felt this way. Nothing that really gives credence to you fear for your life.

You admit you were wrong and it seems the people may have been understandably upset by what you did (by reading post 1). I just can't figure out what you're a victim of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Neon Euc
Neon, where abouts are you? You might be able to find a few other flyers who are looking for a good excuse to get the drones out nearby and could fly as a group. In addition to the upside of having folks interested in the same thing around, you're less of a target for the deranged public when there are a few of you. When I'm out shooting with the drone or my dslr I always prefer to be shooting with someone.

I would love to, I will be heading to greenwhich on Monday if your around :) and there is another flyer who wants to join but he finishes at 6pm but I would love to get a group going :)

I still can't figure this out.

You "thought" they were going to punch you, but never gave anything to say why you felt this way. Nothing that really gives credence to you fear for your life.

You admit you were wrong and it seems the people may have been understandably upset by what you did (by reading post 1). I just can't figure out what you're a victim of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when two people from a rough area comes up to your face and starts screaming, shouting, swearing and are always mixing with brutes who are known for violence, followed by around 15-20 youths starting to crowed around you with no way to escape ...well... maybe your heart could start beating just a little faster then normal

Looking at endless drone footage on YouTube, it seems that the vast majority of people fly from backyards or in other urban and industrial areas, with other properties/people/cars/utility wires all around. That would make me too nervous, I want to fly around in the countryside where the risks are lower. I would probably only have a toy drone in an urban environment, because flying them is much more involving and less automated, cheaper too in the event of a crash.. I can hear my P3 a kilometre away on a windless day, so if you have close neighbours, they'll hear and possibly be annoyed by your hobby (not to mention the paranoia about privacy). Think of lads in their ricers (google it), they make an irritating noise, even when they're not playing the fool. I'm afraid we all may be in that same category to the general public, not everyone is fascinated by our hobby, possibly no more than they are drawn to noisy exhaust systems

Looking at endless drone footage on YouTube, it seems that the vast majority of people fly from backyards or in other urban and industrial areas, with other properties/people/cars/utility wires all around. That would make me too nervous, I want to fly around in the countryside where the risks are lower. I would probably only have a toy drone in an urban environment, because flying them is much more involving and less automated, cheaper too in the event of a crash.. I can hear my P3 a kilometre away on a windless day, so if you have close neighbours, they'll hear and possibly be annoyed by your hobby (not to mention the paranoia about privacy). Think of lads in their ricers (google it), they make an irritating noise, even when they're not playing the fool. I'm afraid we all may be in that same category to the general public, not everyone is fascinated by our hobby, possibly no more than they are drawn to noisy exhaust systems
To be honest I really do enjoy going In to open fields as I get more signal, and don't have to worry about people. And also now getting into the idea of filming abandoned places in London and also around landmarks... In the end I should have done that from the start lol

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

I really hope the manufacturers can work on quieting future drones down.

I really hope the manufacturers can work on quieting future drones down.

I too at first was overly concerned by prop noise when I first stared flying a couple years back.
as summer came the first spring I owned one (bought at Christmas time). I noticed something!

EVERYDAY
someone in one yard or another almost all day ran:
the lawn mower,
the leaf blower,
the pressure washer,
the trimmer,
the 4 runner quad,
the dirt bikes.

many started very early on the yards as well

suddenly my quad wasn't so loud.

good luck and have fun flying!

Reactions: Ken Hanks
I too at first was overly concerned by prop noise when I first stared flying a couple years back.
as summer came the first spring I owned one (bought at Christmas time). I noticed something!

EVERYDAY
someone in one yard or another almost all day ran:
the lawn mower,
the leaf blower,
the pressure washer,
the trimmer,
the 4 runner quad,
the dirt bikes.

many started very early on the yards as well

suddenly my quad wasn't so loud.

good luck and have fun flying!
I look at prop noise as a bonus....can't be stealthy with a noisy drone and mitigating the belief I have the capability to spy on people without their knowledge.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I look at prop noise as a bonus....can't be stealthy with a noisy drone and mitigating the belief I have the capability to spy on people without their knowledge.

And it helps be find the bleeding thing when it is over water and I know it is close but I can see it...

very true
not sneaking up on anyone with a phantom...

I am a disabled person who uses wheels or two sticks every day. Almost every day I get abused in some way because of my disability. It will be I gersting to see how the reaction to me is when I start flying my P3P. Will it be worse or better?

It

Reactions: Neon Euc and jryser
I am a disabled person who uses wheels or two sticks every day. Almost every day I get abused in some way because of my disability. It will be I gersting to see how the reaction to me is when I start flying my P3P. Will it be worse or better?

It

It will be entirely up to your attitude. I went through the same thing as a kid; today people don't see the chair they see me. U can do that too!!

Sent from my PT beating heart

Reactions: Neon Euc and yorlik
I do. Sadly the folk in this here country , the U.K., do not. Despite what our government will tell you as they are just as bad. I am used to it now, and I will happily give as good as I get.
I want to fly drones to take pictures from where I cannot reach, and perhaps, just perhaps, get other disabled folk to try too. I have as much right to do that as the able bodied, and as much right to do it properly too. So as I badly spelled, it will be interesting to see what comes now. Interest or antagonism?

Mike

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl