ScanDisk Ultra 64gb

Reaction score
Hi All
Can you help me out I have a P3 pro and would like to use a Scandisk Ultra 64gb sd card instead of the one supplied, my problem is when I put the scandisk sd into my P3 and start the format it comes back and tells me formatting has failed it will not format the card, when I put the sd into my Pc to check it I found its formatted as exFat, will this still work if I reformat it on the Pc as exFAT or dose it still need to be Fat32 all I get in format options in windows 10 is exFAT or NTFS?, also will the Scandisk Ultra 64gb be ok with 4K or would I be better off with a sandisk extreme plus sd 64gb,
please can you help and thanks for looking.

exFat and Fat32 will both work, and both will split files at the 4GB mark. Even though exFat is capable of larger file sizes, the P3 isn't capable.

You just need a class 10 card that is capable of writing at least 7.5 MB/s which is the write limit of the P3 due to hardware limitations. Because of this, there is no need to find the fastest write speed card like you might do with other devices.

A fast read card will help a lot with files transferring to your computer.

Reactions: JoBe and tcope
Hi All
Can you help me out I have a P3 pro and would like to use a Scandisk Ultra 64gb sd card instead of the one supplied, my problem is when I put the scandisk sd into my P3 and start the format it comes back and tells me formatting has failed it will not format the card, when I put the sd into my Pc to check it I found its formatted as exFat, will this still work if I reformat it on the Pc as exFAT or dose it still need to be Fat32 all I get in format options in windows 10 is exFAT or NTFS?, also will the Scandisk Ultra 64gb be ok with 4K or would I be better off with a sandisk extreme plus sd 64gb,
please can you help and thanks for looking.

That is what I use. I got two of them. No problems.

What is it about 64GB cards that gets so many people excited?
What's the best SD card to use for 4K video?
Meta i got mine cheap, an associate bought them to use in a DSLR without realising SD is faster than micro (was using them with an adaptor). In reality i only need 8gig max as i download after flight to a portable drive in field. I dont want to loose footage if the worst happens and my phantom cant be recovered of a card fails.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.