Samsung Tab s2

Reaction score
Hi all.

I have a P3P.

Currently use my s7edge to fly. No real issues.

I would like a bigger screen so looking at a tablet.

Fancy the galaxy S2. Seems to have the spec.... 3gb ram..
1.9ghz dual jobby.....

Any thoughts etc?

Many thanks

Bazza.

I have a Tab s2 and a galaxy s7 I fly P3P and P3S with. The tab s2 has a trick to get it to connect with the P3P. It is different depending on the android version it is running. I'm updated to android 7 and once it's connected it works awesome.

I have a Tab s2 and a galaxy s7 I fly P3P and P3S with. The tab s2 has a trick to get it to connect with the P3P. It is different depending on the android version it is running. I'm updated to android 7 and once it's connected it works awesome.

Can I ask what the trick you mention bud?

Try it first by just powering on the rc and then the bird, when you get the green light, swipe your tablet open, then connect the cable.

Try it first by just powering on the rc and then the bird, when you get the green light, swipe your tablet open, then connect the cable.

Ah that's great thank bud. I'll try that this am. Really appreciate your help. Thank you.

If that works, I will be surprised, but it's worth a shot first. If it don't work, I will let you know further.

Ok....

I tried the method above seemed to be connecting and disconnecting constantly almost as if I was plugging and unplugging the usb cable.

Also tried connecting all up with tablet switched off. Then switching all on.

It connected once. When I unplugged etc its now doing the same as above.

Not impressed with this...

Think I've sussed it.

Plug it all in with the tablet switched on. Turn RC on... The drone and seems ok. Done 2 flights ok.

I was say the only comment I have is the video feed is poor....

I have the Samsung TAB S2 9.7 inch screen. Been flying with it since it came out. It is very bright. Gives a beautiful picture. Works great with my three P3P. I am running AC 1.9.60, RC 1.6 DJI Go 3.15, Litchi 4.01, I have 360. miles of flight on one of my P3P using TAB S2 and Litchi.

Beware of AC or RC firmware upgrades. DJI will tell you the TAB S2 is not yet on the approved list. The TAB S2 is Samsung's flagship device with an 8 core processor. It is really fast.

Joe
KC7GHT

I have the Samsung TAB S2 9.7 inch screen. Been flying with it since it came out. It is very bright. Gives a beautiful picture. Works great with my three P3P. I am running AC 1.9.60, RC 1.6 DJI Go 3.15, Litchi 4.01, I have 360. miles of flight on one of my P3P using TAB S2 and Litchi.

Beware of AC or RC firmware upgrades. DJI will tell you the TAB S2 is not yet on the approved list. The TAB S2 is Samsung's flagship device with an 8 core processor. It is really fast.

Joe
KC7GHT

Joe saw your reply and I am very interested in what Android version you are using on you S2, I just got my S2 9.7 32GB it connected reluctantly one time everything looked great flew it through one battery next day could not connect to Go App.

I use a Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4" (SM-T320). 2.3 GHz processor and plenty bright for Las Vegas high noon sun at about 75% brightness. Almost all apps disabled and only use it for flying. Doesn't get too hot. $80 bucks on ebay. Lucked out. The lady who owned it previously took really good care of it.

Are there any issues flying with the Standard? I have a 4k but it still uses wifi

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic