Samsung galaxy tablet?

I use the SAMSUNG Tab A SM-T280 No issues and i went in developer mode and made it even better...Running Android 5.1.1 .

Reactions: Phill2
I recently bought a used phantom 4.Right now I am using My IPhone with the controller.I would like a bigger screen.My son who is more computer literet than me says a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 will work and costs less than an I-pad.Any comments?
I have a P4 and also wanted a larger screen. Bought an extension for the controller holder and use my Samsung Tab S 10.5 inch tablet and it works fantastic. Make sure you have it in Airplane mode. I use a sun shield made from a cereal box...one piece, just fold it over...works great too.
Your 10.1 will not need the extension. Go for it!

I recently bought a used phantom 4.Right now I am using My IPhone with the controller.I would like a bigger screen.My son who is more computer literet than me says a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 will work and costs less than an I-pad.Any comments?
Well this may be too late to help, but I use an older Verizon VK 700 tablet with 4GLTE. it barely fits the RC clamps, so I have Velcro strips on both tablet and RC to prevent it from pitching out. Android tablet lets me use Drone Harmony, (10 on a scale of 10 and critical for my applications), big display, and the Velcro matches the Velcro on the outside of my P4P DJI foam box, so I can carry the tablet on the outside of the box as it will not fit inside. It's not as kluge as it may sound, but does look like a techno-telletubby, the gray and black one. I will be upgrading to a newer android tablet soon as I also need better WiFi connection to enable me to use ArcGIS Collector for mapping sorties.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 android 7.0. No issues and no extension needed. I have a profile for litchi and one for DJI Go and can switch between profiles so I can easily change settings in go.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab E, 9.6". $190 at Walmart. So far it hasn't given me any problems.
Eddie

I have almost 500. miles on my Phantom 3 Pro, using my "9.7" Samsung Galaxy Tab S2". Works great. Also does a lot of other things well - being a Windows user. My Galaxy has a 128 GB plug in micro SD chip too. 8 core processor. Fast and bright. I use Litchi 95 % of the time and only DJI-go once in a while.
KC7GHT

I have used a Samsung 10.1 and had no real major issues other than not able to see the screen on bright days. I have tried sun sheilds but still have issues with glare. I bought the Samsung mainly because it had a nice bright clear image. I have since upgraded to a Crystalsky 7.85 and love it. I still have the Samsung for backup.

I always used an Ipad Mini 3 . No problems until it nagged me into upgradeing from IOS 10.x to 11.2.1
My P3P is unflyable able now due to problems with Wi FI interference and loss of HD picture transmition.
I have three aircraft and three controllers they all react the same so the Ipad is the common factor.
My Ipad is now a £600 door stop. Also you cannot roll back the software.
I do fly with a cheap Galaxy Note 4 where everything works perfectly.
If I buy anything else in the future it will be Android and when presented with updates its "If it aint broke dont fix it."

I use the SAMSUNG Tab A SM-T280 No issues and i went in developer mode and made it even better...Running Android 5.1.1 .

Ok, my curiosity is piqued... I've rooted several android devices and I'm familiar with developer mode. Do you open up the USB diagnostics when you do that? Help me out here, I'm dying!!!!!

Lack of talent can mean either each engineer on average isn't as sharp, or the Android team lacks the number of competent engineers to get the job done. It's a lack of talent. One of these is the case because Android always lags iOS, which is my point.

By the way, I ask this question at CES about a year ago and finally got one of the DJI booth workers to acknowledge with a head nod that the iOS team was superior in their ability to release good software.

Lastly, iOS had 2X zoom support in the P4 ios app when the craft was released March of 2016. It took an extra year for the Android software team to release 2X zoom support!. The Android team is just slow. Same story with support for third party apps to be loaded in p4p+, it's taken a year to get that simple feature released by the Android team.

This irks me because I prefer Android, my phone is Android.

So, why does the Phantom 4 Pro ship with Android cables?

Ok, my curiosity is piqued... I've rooted several android devices and I'm familiar with developer mode. Do you open up the USB diagnostics when you do that? Help me out here, I'm dying!!!!!

You're a genius! So far, my Galaxy Tab A6 is operating beautifully! I just enabled Developer mode and allowed USB debugging. Since this tab is only used for my P4P, I'm not worried about security. In addition, I turn on Airplane mode before I connect to the controller.

Thanks.

Hi All I'm new to all if this stuff, I have phantom 3se and use Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8 built my own sun shade.
My problem is it disconnects from controller even though I still have control over bird I then have to start up go app very annoying any suggestions.
If I know what I know now I would have gone for phantom 3 pro and iPad Air.

Hi All I'm new to all if this stuff, I have phantom 3se and use Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8 built my own sun shade.
My problem is it disconnects from controller even though I still have control over bird I then have to start up go app very annoying any suggestions.
If I know what I know now I would have gone for phantom 3 pro and iPad Air.

I tried all sorts to get my tab A to work with my Advanced , there just too slow and can’t handle it , switched to iPad mini4, it works great , only problem bloody expensive..

Reactions: DJI Chriso
I got mine to work. First, you should dedicate the tab to just flying the drone. Second, remove all the "bloatware" apps you can. I stopped and disabled Samsung push notifications and other apps in settings too. Finally, I put the tab into developer mode (google that... It is really easy). Once turned on, I enabled USB debugging. Finally, when connecting your tab to the remote to fly, put it in Airplane Mode. That will keep the 2.4ghz signal from causing any trouble with your controller's 2.4ghz signal.

Note: When the "disconnect" was going on, that was only the FPV camera. Your controls still work and you can fly it simi-manually (GPS stabilization still works) and RTH still works.

Good luck... If you can get it to work, it will save you money on buying a more expensive tablet. Also note: the IPADs without cellular connect ability do *not* have GPS enabled. That alone is expensive. Finally, DJI didn't include an Apple cable with my P4P but an android one. WEIRD!

Reactions: DJI Chriso
I always used an Ipad Mini 3 . No problems until it nagged me into upgradeing from IOS 10.x to 11.2.1
My P3P is unflyable able now due to problems with Wi FI interference and loss of HD picture transmition.
I have three aircraft and three controllers they all react the same so the Ipad is the common factor.
My Ipad is now a £600 door stop. Also you cannot roll back the software.
I do fly with a cheap Galaxy Note 4 where everything works perfectly.
If I buy anything else in the future it will be Android and when presented with updates its "If it aint broke dont fix it."

I just know I've got my Galaxy Note 4 around here somewhere. It is also "rooted" (as I had to do with all my android phones before the 4 for teathering). I'll give it a shot but I like the larger screen of the Tab A6.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31