Samsung galaxy tablet?

Reaction score
I recently bought a used phantom 4.Right now I am using My IPhone with the controller.I would like a bigger screen.My son who is more computer literet than me says a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 will work and costs less than an I-pad.Any comments?

I used to use Samsung tablets, if you use 3rd party apps it can some times get a little buggy. About a year ago I jumped ship to iPad Air 2, I'm glad I did, no problems at all.

I have a 10.1. No problem as of yet. Love the big display. Different experience than using a phone. You will need a screen shade though.
9ea11c6ae17fb0f6ac66456605f8d789.jpg

Same Samsung tab A 10/1 and Samsung tab A 8",great to look at good size screen,both devices working well,did choose this over iPad, price was bit out there when I first looked at iPad over here,downfall my remote mod and tablet weigh in at 2.2kg so neck strap is needed

Bought a brand new Samsung Tab A 8", worked decent. Few disconnects here and there. Biggest prob is all the Samsung Bloatware, I couldn't get mine rooted to remove the 143 factory installed apps robbing precious resources from it.
Finally gave in and bought a iPad mini 4 after seeing how fast it connects to DJI Go app compared to the Samsung.

If you pay extra for the iPad you're paying for product quality. IPads are the least risk for system integrity and GO4 compatibility. But the biggest advantage of using an iPad is the DJI iOS software team is more competent. Their Android team is not as talented, always late with features and bug fixes. Add that lack of talent to the enormous task the Android team has to be compliant tested with so many manufacturers and models.

Last edited:
I think your last point is the real difference. The dev teams are probably equally competent from IOS to Android. It is just the myriad of android devices that makes it hard to keep up with QA, where as IOS is strictly controlled and only released to very few devices.

If you pay extra for the iPad you're paying for product quality. IPads are the least risk for system integrity and GO4 compatibility. But the biggest advantage of using an iPad is the DJI iOS software team is more competent. Their Android team is not as talented, always late with features and bug fixes. Add that lack of talent to the enormous task the Android team has to be compliant tested with so many manufacturers and models.

It’s not the lack of talent. It’s the slew of devices to maintain. Apple for a long time only had the iPhone which was the same as a iPad or iPad mini. Android is so fragmented it’s a nightmare to program for. Take it from a app developer that’s been on both platforms. Apple is more like a supervisor with a whip and google is like the supervisor that’s never around to check your work. Trust me it’s not the lack of talent. Not everyone can build apps and those that do worked hard at it regardless the platform. If you can do better the developer kit is available for you to be the go to android developer.

Lack of talent can mean either each engineer on average isn't as sharp, or the Android team lacks the number of competent engineers to get the job done. It's a lack of talent. One of these is the case because Android always lags iOS, which is my point.

By the way, I ask this question at CES about a year ago and finally got one of the DJI booth workers to acknowledge with a head nod that the iOS team was superior in their ability to release good software.

Lastly, iOS had 2X zoom support in the P4 ios app when the craft was released March of 2016. It took an extra year for the Android software team to release 2X zoom support!. The Android team is just slow. Same story with support for third party apps to be loaded in p4p+, it's taken a year to get that simple feature released by the Android team.

This irks me because I prefer Android, my phone is Android.

Last edited:
Factory tab a 7” worked ok so I rooted it and off loaded all the bloatware and it worked way better. That was with my P4. Upgraded to the P4pro and will not work anymore. Lags really bad. Bought a 10” iPad and it works amazing with the P4pro even while screen recording.
My buddy has the tab a 10” and has never had an issue with his P4.

I just returned a new Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 that I was using. It worked OK for the most part but had some crashes and wasn't the smoothest experience. I'm now using the iPad Pro and the difference is night and day . . . buttery smooth video and control and I can't recall a single app crash. I'm very happy with the iPad Pro (A10 processor).

I also have a 7.85" Ultrabright CrystalSky which I stopped using for a while because it was laggy and performed poorly. However, today I flew with the firmware update to the CS and the update to the DJI Go 4 app and it was very smooth, very responsive and I think if it stays reliable and continues to perform well, I will gladly go back to using the CS if I don't need to run 3rd-party apps or if I just need a quick grab-n-go . . .

I have a S8 Active and the Samsung 10.1". They both work great, huge display, expandable memory, and it's pretty bright, but get a sunshade as well.

I just returned a new Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 that I was using. It worked OK for the most part but had some crashes and wasn't the smoothest experience. I'm now using the iPad Pro and the difference is night and day . . . buttery smooth video and control and I can't recall a single app crash. I'm very happy with the iPad Pro (A10 processor).

I also have a 7.85" Ultrabright CrystalSky which I stopped using for a while because it was laggy and performed poorly. However, today I flew with the firmware update to the CS and the update to the DJI Go 4 app and it was very smooth, very responsive and I think if it stays reliable and continues to perform well, I will gladly go back to using the CS if I don't need to run 3rd-party apps or if I just need a quick grab-n-go . . .

I can honestly say hat my Tab A has never crashed on me.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj