Samsung A70

Reaction score
As a new owner of a Phantom 3 standard I have identified the Samsung galaxy note 8 as been compatible with the P3 and I am considering buying one mainly for this purpose. I would however prefer to buy a Samsung A70 with a larger 6.7inch screen and more upto date phone cababilities.

I have inquired at Dji Uk as to whether the Samsung A70 is compatible and suported only to be told it hasn't been confirmed as to it's compatibility and that there may or maynot be an udate to confirm this in the future?? My question is has any member tried the Samsung A70 for the P3?

I have inquired at Dji Uk as to whether the Samsung A70 is compatible and suported only to be told it hasn't been confirmed as to it's compatibility and that there may or maynot be an udate to confirm this in the future?? My question is has any member tried the Samsung A70 for the P3?
The phone doesn't have to be compatible with the drone.
It's the app that it has to work with.
DJI support wouldn't have any idea what works as they rarely test any phones or tablets.
The A70 is a high spec new phone from Samsung and should work just fine like all the other recent high spec Samsung devices do.

The phone doesn't have to be compatible with the drone.
It's the app that it has to work with.
DJI support wouldn't have any idea what works as they rarely test any phones or tablets.
The A70 is a high spec new phone from Samsung and should work just fine like all the other recent high spec Samsung devices do.

Thanks Meta4 and Ansia. Trying to get my head around how best to get the most suitable setup to fly this P3S and coming from a very limited model flying background theres going to be a big learning curve.

I have now ordered a new Samsung A70 which will be on a trail basis so I will be able to check whether it will work with the app or not, which now sounds like it might.

My current android phone is an old Mann Zug 5S 4.4.2 android phone which is a bit of a rarity in the phone world! I have downloaded on more than sereral occassions the Dji go pre 4 version but have failed on many attempts to initiate the app. Tried the app on my Mrs Google pixel 2 xl and it worked fine and was able to fly the drone in manual mode, just need to get a permenant setup for my own use.

Help needed please. Got my new Samsung A70 today and loaded the Dji go app, all good to go. Could not connect the phone to the controller. Had no issues with my wifes Google pixel 2 xl last week. Kept trying the 12341234 password on the a70 with no luck. No problems connecting the internet wifi with this phone just this dji controller??

Could be some stupid thing I have missed....anyone?

Thanks

Help needed please. Got my new Samsung A70 today and loaded the Dji go app, all good to go. Could not connect the phone to the controller. Had no issues with my wifes Google pixel 2 xl last week. Kept trying the 12341234 password on the a70 with no luck. No problems connecting the internet wifi with this phone just this dji controller??
Try this: Install DJI GO on an Android Tablet or Phone (Step-by-Step Guide) | Phantom Help

#2 and #6 are commonly the cause of issues

Thanks Meta4,

I have tried 4 steps on the guide, unable to follow all though, still no change, the wifi will not connect saying theres no internet connection with this device.

Having previusly connected the wifi on a Google pixel2 xl I attempted to try the pixel2 with the same outcome as the A70!

I had a minor crash using the Pixel the first time, the only visible damage was a couple of camera shock absorber bolts had come out. All looks good otherwise. Can a phone be connected to the controller using only the controller and drone battery, therefore eliminating any damege issues with the drone? I have already tried this with no luck.

You won't get any data from that connection, because there is none. On your wifi settings, go to the advance tab and make sure to turn off the "Switch to mobile data" option.

Screenshot_20191106-082006_Settings.jpg

Mobile data option is off! The Pixel 2xl phone is now not connecting in the same mannor as thia Samsung A70 must mean it's an issue with the Drone rather a phone issue, doesn't it?

the wifi will not connect saying theres no internet connection with this device.
Without seeing a screen shot, my guess is that what you are seeing is normal. It is also a VERY common question.
Since your Phantom's wifi signal is not an internet connection, your device is telling you that it has no access to the internet when it is connected to your Phantom's wifi signal.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe and Ansia
Without seeing a screen shot, my guess is that what you are seeing is normal. It is also a VERY common question.
Since your Phantom's wifi signal is not an internet connection, your device is telling you that it has no access to the internet when it is connected to your Phantom's wifi signal.

Just about to admit my quilt and stupidity here and now just seeing your post Oso makes this even more embarrassing!:confused:. NEWBIE WARNING HERE!

Tried an ipad pro last night only to see the same no internet connection and assumed the ipad device had not connected, but this time I checked the app only to find the camera was working! So back to trying my Samsung A70 and yes it worked. Had assumed the worst (without proper checks) that I had damaged or lost the wifi connection internally, as I had heard can happen, when I had a colision with a tree on my last flight whilst attempting the follow me mode.

Got so worked up about this drone that I was seriously considering exchanging it for the new Mavic mini, still might as I really like the features and convinance of the mini and it may well suit a newbie better as a first drone.

Appreciate the help, thanks.

Reactions: JoBe and Oso
LOL I said the same thing Oso did. Guess my message did not go through. The point of the screenshot is, that Android phones tend to drop the internetless wifi in favor of mobile data. To turn off the "Switch to mobile data" option prevents the phone from droping the wifi and will let you fly normally.

LOL I said the same thing Oso did. Guess my message did not go through. The point of the screenshot is, that Android phones tend to drop the internetless wifi in favor of mobile data. To turn off the "Switch to mobile data" option prevents the phone from droping the wifi and will let you fly normally.

Yes it makes sense to me now, simply checking to see if I was connected would of been enough!

Anyways I'm up and flying now and have got some beautiful shots of home on sunny Autumn morning.

Bought my friend a Mavic mini yesterday, will be keen to hear how he likes it and hopefully I might blag a go too.?

Reactions: Ansia
Yes it makes sense to me now, simply checking to see if I was connected would of been enough!

Anyways I'm up and flying now and have got some beautiful shots of home on sunny Autumn morning.

Bought my friend a Mavic mini yesterday, will be keen to hear how he likes it and hopefully I might blag a go too.?
Can I be your friend too? ?

Can you please tell us how your Samsung A70 is performing?
Thank you.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic