Runaway Altitude with Intermittent Controlability

Reaction score
I have a P2V+ that recently suffered a crash. Nothing too major but the ribbon cable broke so I replaced that. Gimbal camera and everything work fine. Sometimes though, it just zooms straight up to anywhere between 100-200 ft and is completely unresponsive to downward control inputs. Eventually it stops climbing and comes down slowly but when it gets about 10 feet off the ground it just zooms straight up again. Eventually I can get it landed. This does not happen all the time but it does so frequently that I am unable to fly it or trust it to not fly away or crash on me. I have already recalibrated the controller and updated all firmware. Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Not sure what is going on,
But sounds like low battery ( or critical battery ) RTH feature. As it will climb to set height, then descend to home point. But not sure?

Did you do an ADVANCED IMU calibration through PC ASSISTANT? Followed by fresh compass calibration?

Also,
I would pull the top off, and INSPECT your GPS UNIT, check the ceramic antenna for cracks, or chips.
Also inspect the GPS CABLE, as it may have wiggled loose in the crash!

Hope this helps

J Dot
:cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl