RTH

Reaction score
Total newbie question.
Do I need to set the RTH point manually before each flight?

The home point should automatically be marked before you take off. You should verify it on the map to ensure it has been.

Reactions: SHRED
Yes I get good GPS and I calibrate the compass.
Just checking to see if the RTH was automatic or not as I wasn't quite sure. Thanks.

Once you setup RTH parameters in Go app, you need not set them again though you may check them for safety. Once you hear home point set before flying, your RTH functionality is ready to use. This is the most important safety feature that everyone needs to set correctly and understand how it works.

Once you setup RTH parameters in Go app, you need not set them again though you may check them for safety. Once you hear home point set before flying, your RTH functionality is ready to use. This is the most important safety feature that everyone needs to set correctly and understand how it works.
That's also reflected in the green "safe to fly" at the top of the app...correct?

My home point gets set when I start the motors with CSC, or auto-takeoff. I don't have to set it, it just happens. I have to have the volume up on the tablet so I can hear the announcement that the home point is set.
If I land at the previously set home point, and turn of the motors, then restart the motors at the previously set home point, it will not reset the home point. It is already set to that location.
I can't remember what happens when I change batteries. I think the Phantom forgets the previously set home point, and will set it at CSC, or auto-takeoff.

Should your rth be set from your home point altitude or your rc altitude

Should your rth be set from your home point altitude or your rc altitude
Are you referring to the RTH altitude? If so, it's always the altitude directly over top of the takeoff point.

If the current altitude displayed in DJI GO is below your set RTH altitude when RTH is initiated, your Phantom will ascend to the RTH altitude before returning to the home point. RTH is a rather complicated topic, so you should definitely review the RTH section of the Phantom manual to learn about all of the special cases.

I live in the mountains so my home point say 164 feet my question. Is if I set my rth altitude to 50 will it be 50 meters above the 164 or 50 meters from sea level

if I set my rth altitude to 50 will it be 50 meters above the 164 or 50 meters from sea level
It'll be 50 meters above the takeoff point.

I live in the mountains so my home point say 164 feet my question. Is if I set my rth altitude to 50 will it be 50 meters above the 164 or 50 meters from sea level
Your Phantom has no understanding of sea level.
All heights are in reference to the home point.
Home = zero.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga