RTH standard vs advance

Reaction score
Hello, heard some people say phantom 3 standard has more RTH failure cases than advance or pro. Is this true?

Did some people say they had methodically crawled this and other drone sites and compiled semi-reliable statistics on this?

Or just some people's general impression?

My hypothesis: Maybe some people who buy the more expensive models are more serious about not losing it due to operator error... and so they read, study, learn, and use their common sense and situational awareness when flying....

...nahh, probably just coincidence. ;)

Reactions: Pharm
Did some people say they had methodically crawled this and other drone sites and compiled semi-reliable statistics on this?
Or just some people's general impression?
Perhaps it's true but if so, it's probably not the fault of the machine.
You would have to consider the relative numbers of P3 Standards out there against the number of P3 Pros and Advanced.
If the Std outnumbers the other models, that would be one factor influencing the number of incidents involving the Std.
Another possible factor is that the Std will lose signal sooner than the Lightbridge Phantoms.
So it would lose signal and RTH more often than the other models and be involved in proportionally more incidents.

You would also have to consider the actual incidents and the cause of the alleged "RTH failure".
RTH is very reliable and the cause of incidents is almost always due to an operator error.
I don't think I've ever seen an incident that could truthfully be called an RTH failure.
I would also expect the RTH abilities of the different models to be the same.
On the basis of that, I would suggest that what "some people say" about RTH failure isn't really valid.

More failures like one in a million vs one in two million?

Both my P2 GPS non-Glonass systems are rock solid.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31