RTH Height

You're confusing two different kinds of signal disconnects, control and video. Msinger was referring to control signal disconnect.

You can lose the video connection and still have control of the RC. In that case it's wise to ascend to reconnect the video signal, like you have done. I do that all the time.

However when the craft loses the control signal connection on my P4 I have noticed that video signal always goes out at the same time.

With my P4 I've had many instances where I lose control signal, and at the same time I lose video signal, using the stock P4 controller. RTH will enable if it disconnects for several seconds in these cases. However with my P3P I hardly ever lose control signal, I always lose video signal first, at which time I simply ascend to regain video connection. This is because the P3 controller has a stronger control signal.

When using stock controllers, the range on my P3P is twice what the P4 can do (2+ miles versus <1 mile). Being disappointed with the P4 range I started using an Inspire controller (stronger signal RC) to fly and now my P4 has the same range as my P3. Problem solved.
Hey John, can you buy a used Inspire controller to use on my P4? Or should I just buy a new one? I want to try that before I do the lite antenna upgrade to my P4 controller.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers