RTH height

Reaction score
Where does the phantom calculate the RTH height from ...home base or where it is at the time of RTH ..eg if I fly from a hill into a valley below.... does it rise to eg 50meter above the hill to fly home ...??

When RTH is initiated, the Phantom will ascend from the altitude currently displayed in DJI GO (the altitude over top of the takeoff point) to the RTH altitude. If the current altitude in DJI GO is a negative number (which happens when the Phantom is flown below the takeoff point), the Phantom will ascend up to 0 feet and then up to the set RTH altitude before returning to the home point.

Where does the phantom calculate the RTH height from ...home base or where it is at the time of RTH ..eg if I fly from a hill into a valley below.... does it rise to eg 50meter above the hill to fly home ...??
All heights are relative to the launch point.
The Phantom has no way to tell how far the ground is below and the only height it knows is Home = zero.

And keep in mind that altitude error issue. I buffer my estimates with at least 20ft +/- . Seems that after ascending over 100ft up, it'll start to mis-read it's actual height, so I always add a bit to a RTH alt. just to be sure (You might only get one chance)....

Reactions: N017RW

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl