Rotors will not start why???

Reaction score
1#
ok from one day to the next my P4 will now not start. it has something to do with GEO fence. I am 5 miles from any airport and I fly the same location all the time.
But now my rotors wont even turn while I am outside?????
I can bring it inside my house and the rotors turn and it starts up fine.
Has something changed or can someone tell me why it's not starting?

Just found out Air force one is in Houston that's about 250 miles away would the FAA restrict the air that far away???

press the start botton 1 time quickly then hold it longer
This must be done on the drone and the controller.

Just found out Air force one is in Houston that's about 250 miles away would the FAA restrict the air that far away???
Where exactly are you located?
You can check for Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFRs) here. Federal Aviation Administration - Graphic TFR's

The TFR for Air Force One would not be 250 miles. Typically, it is 30 nautical miles.

What restrictions are showing on your map in the DJI Go 4 app?

Are you near any Major League Baseball stadiums?

About Major League Baseball Stadiums.... is there something I should know? I often fly around the Pirates stadium and get pretty close. But I'm flying around over the rivers not really concerned about the stadium. I dont want to be out and suddenly lose my drone not knowing something might happen because I'm right beside it.

About Major League Baseball Stadiums.... is there something I should know? I often fly around the Pirates stadium and get pretty close. But I'm flying around over the rivers not really concerned about the stadium. I dont want to be out and suddenly lose my drone not knowing something might happen because I'm right beside it.

What happens when you enter an Authorization Zone mid-flight?

Check to see if the stadium Is in a Red restricted zone next time it’s a game.

Last edited:
Reactions: DroneTurismo
Ann I have been flying for a good while now maybe 2 years. Its just strange that I was flying yesterday and today I can't. I did get a message that I was in a class d area but I have always been able to fly in the same area. The only thing that was different was the president was in Houston, however I am in Corpus Christi Texas.
This is why I was asking what was the range that the FAA would temporary restrict air space?

If a game is going on, you can't fly an hour before to an hour after the event.

Airspace Restrictions

Stadiums and sporting events

Flying UAS in and around stadiums is prohibited starting one hour before and ending one hour after the scheduled time of any of the following events:

• Major League Baseball
    • National Football League
    • NCAA Division One Football
    • NASCAR Sprint Cup, Indy Car, and Champ Series races

Specifically, UAS operations are prohibited within a radius of three nautical miles of the stadium or venue.

Further information is available in this
handout on sports TFRs (PDF).

Reactions: DroneTurismo
Ann I have been flying for a good while now maybe 2 years. Its just strange that I was flying yesterday and today I can't. I did get a message that I was in a class d area but I have always been able to fly in the same area. The only thing that was different was the president was in Houston, however I am in Corpus Christi Texas.
This is why I was asking what was the range that the FAA would temporary restrict air space?
Class D shouldn't stop you from flying as long as you are not within a mile and a half of the airport and as long as you acknowledge the alert.

There do not appear to be any TFRs in Corpus Christi.

Are you seeing an red zones on the map in your DJI Go 4 app? Are you near any of the Navy OLFs? Flying near a prison?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor