Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Pull_Up said:
Oh no... the clocks have just gone forward. It was just late, now it's LATE! :(

No no, it went from really late to really early! :)

(In Denmark it is 3:20 AM - no wait, it is just 3:20...)

RickF said:
tedw123 said:
Phantomhoofy said:
Maybe no one have got an any shipping notice since its the weekend....Not meaning to be smug. :?

I sent Keri an email yesterday requesting ship date for order #456 and he replied:
We're moving as fast as we can. By mid week next week, we're hoping to be at around #410-420, so the following week would likely have your gimbal shipping out. But, we've been wrong about our schedule before (As I'm sure you're aware!). However, I think that things are going a little more smooth, now that we've ironed out a few of the manufacturing wrinkles.

Keri
As no. 571 I would like to thank you for the order update!!
533 also thanks you for passing on the intel!

Just out of curiosity if #410-420 is next week how come #365 hasn't received the email notification yet? I'm at #385 and haven't heard anything yet.

Phantom 2 Vision, Ragecams 5.4 flat lens, Rotorpixel gimbal (on order #384)

In a situation like this the better option is to purchase what the majority are doing as well. Now, in saying that, I meant to order this several weeks ago before becoming swamped with other things. But now I'm in an even more of a predicament. My card was declined and I think it is because Toronto Canada is considered a International purchase, and the other mostly reason is I'm using a visa debit card and not an actual credit card. I stopped using credit cards many years ago and never had an issue until now.

I'm positive I can get this straightened out with a call to my bank on Monday.

Venom93corba said:
Just out of curiosity if #410-420 is next week how come #365 hasn't received the email notification yet? I'm at #385 and haven't heard anything yet.

Phantom 2 Vision, Ragecams 5.4 flat lens, Rotorpixel gimbal (on order #384)

I think he means all orders outstanding up to about 410-420 will be fulfilled by middle next week...

flyNfrank said:
In a situation like this the better option is to purchase what the majority are doing as well. Now, in saying that, I meant to order this several weeks ago before becoming swamped with other things. But now I'm in an even more of a predicament. My card was declined and I think it is because Toronto Canada is considered a International purchase, and the other mostly reason is I'm using a visa debit card and not an actual credit card. I stopped using credit cards many years ago and never had an issue until now.

Frank if you drop Rotorpixel a line I'm sure they can process a payment for you outside the online store using PayPal or other service or give details about doing a bank transfer or something if you still can't proceed.

Geert said:
Diner21959 said:
I'm #969...only time will tell! Possibly a BIG BIG BIG mistake!

Hi,

Some of us (including myself) here have been waiting more than 3 months for this gimbal.
Rotorpixel is not a new company, they earned their stripes in the past by building other gimbals.
The RP gimbal for the P2V is a quality product. Good and solid materials were used to create this gimbal.
Besides a quality product they also have an outstanding customer service, according my own experiences.
Of course there is a waiting list now because Rotorpixel was overwhelmed by pre orders, but they are working on that.

:)

Geert.

How have you been waiting 3 months if pre-orders started February 10th?

I didnt even have my Vision in Dec... If I had, I would have asked to be put on a list before preorders started.... to get my RP Gimbal sooner. Oooops!

:lol:

Pull_Up said:
flyNfrank said:

Frank if you drop Rotorpixel a line I'm sure they can process a payment for you outside the online store using PayPal or other service or give details about doing a bank transfer or something if you still can't proceed.

AMEX rejected our 1st transaction because RP's 3rd-party ecommerce solution does not return a company name, which is typically a fraud alert to banks these days.

Call your card company. They'll likely do a one-time exception. AMEX did for us.

Venom93corba said:
I'm at #385 and haven't heard anything yet.

I'm 384 and ditto here . . . . still waiting patiently.

The weather in Northern Virginia has been crapy all weekend so there has been no temptation to fly anyway.

Attachments

• Rotorpixel Order 384.png
    Rotorpixel Order 384.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 604
browntw79 said:
Venom93corba said:
I'm at #385 and haven't heard anything yet.

I'm 384 and ditto here . . . . still waiting patiently.

The weather in Northern Virginia has been crapy all weekend so there has been no temptation to fly anyway.

Tom!
Yours will be at your door in a week or less!
Good for me because I'll be begging for help hooking mine up in a couple months.
Sorry I missed you at the NOVA Labs "Build" Session. I had a nice project fall into my lap and couldn't pass it up.
I finally received the LED lights from China this past Wednesday :roll:
I know you're there when I'll need you. Best of luck!

XCcoach said:
I can confirm the last gimbal shipped was #364 on March 14th. I am #365.

So I think I've missed something. There has been no further shipping of the RPs for 16 days now??!!?? I know I've seen posts about some power issues. Is this the reason why no shipments? RP is modifying the gimbal? Thanks for the number update. From No. 571.

Keri was just on vacation
Claims that production will ramp up shortly
I don't know if I could take a vacation knowing all these people are waiting on me

mr_3_0_5 said:
Keri was just on vacation
Claims that production will ramp up shortly
I don't know if I could take a vacation knowing all these people are waiting on me

I don't believe he was actually on vacation, I believe it was a day-job research trip that had been a year plus in planning.

There was a QC / power issue on the assembly line, which is why shipments (not assembly) was halted until Keri got back to sort things out, and it appears he ordered more QC test equipment while in transit back to Canada to ensure the issue was put to rest.

This should mean there is a large pile of assembled and ready to ship gimbals that will ship once they receive the enhanced QC checks, thus we should see a large number of shipments in the next week or two. Perhaps a few weeks after that the pre-order backlog will have been cleared and the site will go to regular orders with minimal lead time to shipment.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT