Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

MattOlieman said:
Got my replacement part from Keri today, installed it, I needed to do a calibration (have a filter installed) with Keri's help (thank you Keri), and all is working perfect.

Took it for a test ride, it's very windy here, gusts from 20 to 30 mph, besides a little yaw movements it was perfect. I'm happy and ready to go on my videoography adventure. :)

Great News! It mus have been disheartening for while.
I am feeling that RP has perhaps found its footing, and was indeed my best choice.

MattOlieman said:
Got my replacement part from Keri today, installed it, I needed to do a calibration (have a filter installed) with Keri's help (thank you Keri), and all is working perfect.

Took it for a test ride, it's very windy here, gusts from 20 to 30 mph, besides a little yaw movements it was perfect. I'm happy and ready to go on my videoography adventure. :)

Nice to hear. Did he say anything about "shipping gimbals into the 400's this week" when you had contact with him? Anyone received any shipping notices?

tedw123 said:
MattOlieman said:

Nice to hear. Did he say anything about "shipping gimbals into the 400's this week" when you had contact with him? Anyone received any shipping notices?

Keri did say he'd be busily testing the new printer and a new material today.

So I'm placing my bets on lots of good news flowing out next week.

Note To Keri: Take a few less $$$ in profits and outsource some of the printing. Doing this will endear you to hundreds of people, who will then be your devoted base market for years to come.

Well done Matt good to see its all up and running well !!

;)

Any chance you could post a picture of the new part please if possible..?
Thank You

MattOlieman said:

Geert said:
I noticed you also post this in other threads.
I saw you posted it in the Dronexpert thread. I got the feeling you try to push people in that direction. Maybe you have some personal business with that other cheap gimbal.

You made your point about this cheap gimbal already, so now we know. Thank you for the information once again.
As I suggest already, start your own thread.
We like to discuss here the RP gimbal.

Geert.
as I said before I cant seem to be able to start a new thread cant find a tab to allow me !! for the record I have no business interest in this product and I still not sure why they have to be so expensive i understand there are some R&D to be done but its not like they are inventing the first wheel gimbals have been around for years !!
sorry if i have upset you was not intentional l !

Note To Keri: Take a few less $$$ in profits and outsource some of the printing. Doing this will endear you to hundreds of people said:
yes as you need to ride the wave while you can
it wont be long now and the wave will crash on shore and the marked will dry up

( DJI ) to get while the gettings good

A one minute clip of my P2V/RotorPixel in action on a VERY windy day. 20 to 30 MPH gusts. Look at the trees :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T8imPzk9jQ[/youtube]

EDIT: I guess I don't know how to post YouTube here.... I host 16 websites... lol any suggestions....?

MattOlieman said:
A one minute clip of my P2V/RotorPixel in action on a VERY windy day. 20 to 30 MPH gusts. Look at the trees :)

[youtube]http://youtu.be/8T8imPzk9jQ[/youtube]

EDIT: I guess I don't know how to post YouTube here.... I host 16 websites... lol any suggestions....?
Thanks, very nice.

willriii said:
It is also a very low frame rate, I'm guessing 15 fps, which contributes to the jumpiness of it.

I recorded at 60 fps changed it to 30 fps when I exported the video to the final product. It was extremely windy!!

In this extreme condition I'm very impressed with the RotorPixel Gimbal. I can't wait to play around with it during normal wind conditions. Unfortunately that will not be the case over the next few days.

Maybe 1 of you with the RP gimbal can help me out.

I've notice in my videos I get a lot of jello affect.
I have tighten the thumb screws all the way and loosen them up and inbetween. But I still get jello affect.

Today I was showing off the gimbal to my friend. I had the phantom powered on and started to show him how it works. When I tilted the phantom forward slowly I notice the gimbal started shaking. I believe this is the cause of my videos having jello affect.

Now my question is, do any of you know what might be causing the gimbal to shake like that?
I've reached out to Keri but haven't heard from him yet.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Pull_Up said:
Shaking on which axis - pitch, roll or both? Check that none of the cables is snagging anywhere and restricting movement of the camera...
How did you end up connecting your Flytrex with the RP gimbal?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT