Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

F6Rider said:
OK, I know this is off topic, but I'm bored waiting for new news. I thought of a really cool FPV solution for the Vision today. Hook up a iPhone (or android) using the HDMI out to a FatShark Dominator HD set of FPV goggles. You would not need to buy ANY of the extra modals for the Dominator HD as it comes with HDMI. IPhone in pocket or on Controlled, and 45º FPV view with telemetry in the goggles. No fuss no muss, nothing extra on the bird or controller (except extreme range antennas :roll: )
OK, OK, back to the regularly scheduled thread.......

Funny, that is exactly what my son is doing. He has preordered the Dominator HD (for his DJI F550) and I have the smartphone USB out to HDMI in cabling + external battery for the dongle to allow me to plug my Samsung S4 into the Dominator to fly my P2V in FPV and acyually see it. My S4 gets washed out in the sunlight or even on somewhat cloudy days.....or it could be my tired old eyes!

Keri,
When is the 3rd axis upgrade going to be added? And, will you supply landing gear upgrades with the package?
Thanks

EricT said:
F6Rider said:
OK, I know this is off topic, but I'm bored waiting for new news. I thought of a really cool FPV solution for the Vision today. Hook up a iPhone (or android) using the HDMI out to a FatShark Dominator HD set of FPV goggles. You would not need to buy ANY of the extra modals for the Dominator HD as it comes with HDMI. IPhone in pocket or on Controlled, and 45º FPV view with telemetry in the goggles. No fuss no muss, nothing extra on the bird or controller (except extreme range antennas :roll: )

Funny, that is exactly what my son is doing. He has preordered the Dominator HD (for his DJI F550) and I have the smartphone USB out to HDMI in cabling + external battery for the dongle to allow me to plug my Samsung S4 into the Dominator to fly my P2V in FPV and acyually see it. My S4 gets washed out in the sunlight or even on somewhat cloudy days.....or it could be my tired old eyes!

OMG....don't say "preordered". You have know idea what you'll start. :lol:

PhantomDave said:
EricT said:
F6Rider said:

OMG....don't say "preordered". You have know idea what you'll start. :lol:

Good point! And yes, both my son and I went into the RP and the FatShark preorders "eyes wide open! :ugeek:

Pull_Up said:
If you can get a plug-and-play power out from the F550 you'll be able to swap the Rotorpixel easily between the two and use the GoPro mount... 3-axis upgrade will make things look very nice for both!

So, I am excited to see who is getting their shipping notice today?

Pull_Up said:
Are you getting your kicks vicariously Allan, now you've cancelled all of your various pre-orders?! ;)

Still haven't pushed the cancel button on RP... Holding out for some good news from Keri.... I still like the idea of having the use of a gimbal (3 axis) with different cameras... Not necessarily with the P2V. And yes, still a groupie of RP :)

yes I did but not sure they add that much height i reckon it still might go in my flight case.
do you think its not a good idea to tap into the power supply with the soldering ?
might it detect a loss of voltage or something and maybe cause other problems ?

Yeah..... I would of posted a new thread but i do not seem to have that option !!! just trying to save you guys some money don't shot the messenger :eek:

chippy jfl said:
Yeah..... I would of posted a new thread but i do not seem to have that option !!! just trying to save you guys some money don't shot the messenger :eek:
IMO, one or trice is ok but the number of times you have posted the same thing is very suspicious and annoying.

MikeySoft said:
chippy jfl said:
IMO, one or trice is ok but the number of times you have posted the same thing is very suspicious and annoying.

Its actually 3 times in different threads get over it !! :roll:

Got my replacement part from Keri today, installed it, I needed to do a calibration (have a filter installed) with Keri's help (thank you Keri), and all is working perfect.

Took it for a test ride, it's very windy here, gusts from 20 to 30 mph, besides a little yaw movements it was perfect. I'm happy and ready to go on my videoography adventure. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT