Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Would you believe that very episode of star trek has just been on UK tv lolol

:lol:

Shes a robot too and not a gimbal in sight !

this is precisely the reason why I got my money back and spent it elsewhere. this was a disaster from the beginning.

tizzl10 said:
this is precisely the reason why I got my money back and spent it elsewhere. this was a disaster from the beginning.

and the disaster is what exactly ??

:shock:

I don't mind waiting for what I think will be a great addition to my Phantom. I'm spending the time waiting by relearning Photoshop, Premiere and After Effects all over again. It has been quite a long time ago since I've use them. Plus, I'm working on my flying skills everyday when weather permits. Over 200 flights now.
I also look forward to this thread turning more towards a technical aspect for the refining the gimbal's use for what we all got into this.... Aerial video and photography.

GlowFET said:
I don't mind waiting for what I think will be a great addition to my Phantom. I'm spending the time waiting by relearning Photoshop, Premiere and After Effects all over again. It has been quite a long time ago since I've use them. Plus, I'm working on my flying skills everyday when weather permits. Over 200 flights now.
I also look forward to this thread turning more towards a technical aspect for the refining the gimbal's use for what we all got into this.... Aerial video and photography.

We should probably start a new thread for the technical things related to the rotorpixel gimbal. This one has become quite lengthy and somewhat off topic.

gfredrone said:
GlowFET said:

We should probably start a new thread for the technical things related to the rotorpixel gimbal. This one has become quite lengthy and somewhat off topic.

You shouldn't have to start a new thread m8, the best thing would be the constant moaners would just leave and go off and form their own thread to whinge and moan to their hearts content, and leave this thread to discuss the actual product which is what this thread started as.

Its frustrating I know !!!!! :roll:

MattOlieman said:
People have a right to be cautious and concerned, whether you spend 4 or 400,000 dollars, it's your money and you expect something in return for it. At least some honest/satisfactorily explanations when a product can't be delivered as promised.

This has nothing to do with the quality, uniqueness or price of the product, it's about "How you do business." RotorPixel leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to business PR or customer service. I knew this, when I paid for this product, but that doesn't mean it's right or doesn't mean people don't have the right to voice their concerns. We're customers, customers that have paid in advance and we should be treated with respect and appreciation.

Keri, this is a threat, not a sign of appreciation, courtesy or apology:

Rotorpixel said:
If anyone wants to cancel their order because of the uncertainty of the delivery time frame, please feel free to let me know, or send an email through http://www.rotorpixel.com. We'll send a refund immediately.
Keri

Keri, Please correct me if I'm wrong, I calculate, I was approximately the 16th person to place an order and I know a few folks here that have ordered before me. None of us have received shipping notices. So does that mean, over the past two weeks you've only been able to build and ship less then 16 items? and you don't know who they were shipped to? I know one thing, I'm number 16 (give or take a few), and received no shipping notice.

Keri, we just want a honest/reasonable explanation, please?

Keri, I want your product, as promised and look forward to receiving it.

Keri from the bottom of my heart, I wish you and RotorPixel the best, Keri you have excellent product development skills, but, needs some business management advice and my advice to you is, find some.

+1 very well said my friend

mcurrier said:
tizzl10 said:

And yet…you are still here...

yeah..it's kind of like when you are driving down the street and see an accident.. you shouldn't look but you do.

tizzl10 said:
mcurrier said:
tizzl10 said:

And yet…you are still here...

yeah..it's kind of like when you are driving down the street and see an accident.. you shouldn't look but you do.

Interesting that you happened to choose that analogy. As a former police officer, my wife and friends can confirm that I indeed do NOT look at accidents intentionally and get very frustrated with the people slowing down in front of me who do. Especially when the accident is all the way on the other side of the road and there is no reason for our side to slow down, let alone to look.

And that's exactly what we have here. You have made your choice, crossed on over to the other side of the road, and yet you insist on slowing down and driving by here to have a look-see if the issue is still boiling and you stop to give the pot a stir. Be gone with you I say.

Hello Smart people .

Would it ever make sense to make the gimbal arms ..in this styles of gimbal out of plastic (like the 3d printer stuff) . Do you gain or lose anything compared to using the aluminum arms. These days are the same in the use comparable in weight and strength . I see that the taco-rd seems to be made out of that (well at least how i saw the pictures) . Why would choose metal over plastic.

And yet…you are still here...[/quote]

yeah..it's kind of like when you are driving down the street and see an accident.. you shouldn't look but you do.[/quote]

Interesting that you happened to choose that analogy. As a former police officer, my wife and friends can confirm that I indeed do NOT look at accidents intentionally and get very frustrated with the people slowing down in front of me who do. Especially when the accident is all the way on the other side of the road and there is no reason for our side to slow down, let alone to look.

And that's exactly what we have here. You have made your choice, crossed on over to the other side of the road, and yet you insist on slowing down and driving by here to have a look-see if the issue is still boiling and you stop to give the pot a stir. Be gone with you I say.[/quote]

i, sir, could give 2 shits about you being a former pig.

i, sir, could give 2 shits about you being a former pig.[/quote]

Wow! That is ALL that you brought away from what I had to say??!?!? Again, as I said, you are making no positive contribution here, so away with you.

mcurrier said:

Wow! That is ALL that you brought away from what I had to say??!?!? Again, as I said, you are making no positive contribution here, so away with you.[/quote]

whatever.

streetcreep said:
Hello Smart people .

Would it ever make sense to make the gimbal arms ..in this styles of gimbal out of plastic (like the 3d printer stuff) . Do you gain or lose anything compared to using the aluminum arms. These days are the same in the use comparable in weight and strength . I see that the taco-rd seems to be made out of that (well at least how i saw the pictures) . Why would choose metal over plastic.

You can make them out of any material of sufficient strength for the loads that will be imposed. We're talking loads of less than one pound here so a great many materials would work fine. Another consideration is the materials long term stability and durability, something that some plastics may not be great at when exposed to heat / sun / UV, and I always have concerns about the inter-layer bonding of stuff from the less expensive 3D printers. In the case of the RP camera mount, they are purported to be printed on higher grade commercial 3D printers so that's less of a concern. I chose black since black plastics typically have better UV resistance. If I were to use plastic for the gimble arms and whatnot I'd be more inclined to use laser cut sheet plastic than anything 3D printed, particularly for parts with long slotted sections for balance adjustments.

mcurrier said:

You might not give a **** or two but you certainly write **** that's for sure !!......disaster lolol....pmsl........

:lol:

dear oh deary me lol

wp6529 said:
streetcreep said:
Hello Smart people .

You can make them out of any material of sufficient strength for the loads that will be imposed. We're talking loads of less than one pound here so a great many materials would work fine. Another consideration is the materials long term stability and durability, something that some plastics may not be great at when exposed to heat / sun / UV, and I always have concerns about the inter-layer bonding of stuff from the less expensive 3D printers. In the case of the RP camera mount, they are purported to be printed on higher grade commercial 3D printers so that's less of a concern. I chose black since black plastics typically have better UV resistance. If I were to use plastic for the gimble arms and whatnot I'd be more inclined to use laser cut sheet plastic than anything 3D printed, particularly for parts with long slotted sections for balance adjustments.

Thanks for the info .. I also wonder about the motors on these (doesn't matter which gimbal) things . Would the have the same , better ,worse operating tempatures than the device (vision) itself . I think vision is rated to minus 5 or 10 Celsius . Do the motors on these have at least the same rating or better .

streetcreep said:
Hello Smart people .

I guess it would depend on, how stiff a structure you can make out of plastic? I prototyped with acrylic, but switched to aluminium because of the stiffness of the aluminum. If it wasn't so expensive to mass produce, I guess carbon fiber would be the optimal choice, because of its light weight and radio wave properties?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164