Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

:| Thanks Keri
Please any new video !!
And can you change the methode of sending the gimbal to kuwait ((DHL)) !

Rotorpixel said:
Oh, also, because we have a few industrial 3D printers at our disposal, we were able to very quickly tinker with a new feature which might make it into the final product... a variable pre-load thumb-screw for adjusting the stiffness of the white vibration damping balls. Alone, they are a little too flimsy for the Vision, but with our custom thumb-screws, each damping ball can be individually tightened/loosened, allowing you to fine-tune any vibrations away if necessary.

Keri

This would be great as I did notice from the video that the added gimbal weight stretched the stock damping balls to what looked to be near their limit. Take your time and get it right. List schmist, lol.

Express interest by browsing, getting on an interest list, or even a pre-order list.
But, actually accepting payment creates a contract, I suspect.
So, accepting payment turns the pre-order into an order, which trumps browsing and interest, IMO.
But how you fill orders is probably up to you. Good work in any case.
Cheers, Gary

Keri, I really like u r doing your gimbal. I will buy one after we see whats in the market within this year. But just for your business you went too close to you customers and it might bring more harm to you. If I were you (now it cant be done anymore) I would first announce the notificationlist where all guys interested in your product would leave their email and submit your newsletter. Before you started ordering I would just send an email notification to those guys interested, hey its ready time to submit order on my website. First come first leave. You would skip so much discussion about the list, unfortunately it was done. I think you would spare much energy on answering above question, you just open too much of your business and i was shocked u plan to disclose the waiting list. Lets say someone might not trust your product because you already told publicly details like looking for the premises, assemling alone or a friend, etc. I am with you and i might buy one in the future, but be professional and act as serious enterprrenour. Keep your business secrets as it might be overtaken by other smarter ones. Cmon Keri i wish you best.

"Oh, also, because we have a few industrial 3D printers at our disposal, we were able to very quickly tinker with a new feature which might make it into the final product... a variable pre-load thumb-screw for adjusting the stiffness of the white vibration damping balls. Alone, they are a little too flimsy for the Vision, but with our custom thumb-screws, each damping ball can be individually tightened/loosened, allowing you to fine-tune any vibrations away if necessary.

Keri"

I've been wondering about the "flimsy balls". Is there any danger that the whole gimbal could fall off in hard flight? Perhaps you could update them - they are not that expensive.

The real thing to do here is just hire more people who have experience on the assembly line, train them to assemble and test the gimbal, and pump out 300 in the first week.
Sounds like a good idea. He should have the funds to do just that. At least 120k collected in the 1st few days alone ($400 x at least 300 orders)

PhantomDave said:
I don't care about all this nonsense. I am just happy someone is taking the time to create this and the fact that my girlfriend is so AWESOME for ordering one for me for Valentine's Day Gift. Thanks Sweetie. You Rock!!!!!

Signed,

Patiently Waiting <3

p.s. how appropriate the it landed on page 69 :p
You lucky man, I have been married 35 years and didn't even get a card. Does your wife have any sisters... :)

Sorry guys - a little off subject

Keri, could you just answer this question for me kindly. When we made our orders on Monday the 10th, was our credit cards debited immediately, or will they be debited as and when they are shipped? :?:

Shedracer said:
Keri, could you just answer this question for me kindly. When we made our orders on Monday the 10th, was our credit cards debited immediately, or will they be debited as and when they are shipped? :?:

Rotorpixel said:
Jre said:
Can anyone confirm if the order amount is pending in their bank transactions? Or will the funds be removed at time of shipment? I want to pre-order but don't have enough until some deposited checks clear.

Yes, it will withdraw your money, unfortunately.

Jre said:
Shedracer said:

Rotorpixel said:
Jre said:
Can anyone confirm if the order amount is pending in their bank transactions? Or will the funds be removed at time of shipment? I want to pre-order but don't have enough until some deposited checks clear.

Yes, it will withdraw your money, unfortunately.

Ok, thanks Jre for posting that, must of overlooked that one. :shock:

Shedracer said:
Ok, thanks Jre for posting that, must of overlooked that one. :shock:

Overlooking a post = not showing enough interest and you have been moved to the back of the line/bottom of the list. :lol: Sorry couldn't help myself :!:

Good things come to people who wait!!!
Wicked!!!

Rotorpixel said:
Please everyone, tell me what you *really* think.... :shock:

Gimbals are starting to be assembled this weekend, and we already have another production run started, so we're hoping to have an uninterrupted supply moving forward. If all goes as planned, we should be able to have the backlog cleared in a timely manner, and the "magical mysterious super secret list" can be discarded altogether.

But please, everyone, be patient, and your gimbals will come... hopefully sooner than you think!

Oh, also, because we have a few industrial 3D printers at our disposal, we were able to very quickly tinker with a new feature which might make it into the final product... a variable pre-load thumb-screw for adjusting the stiffness of the white vibration damping balls. Alone, they are a little too flimsy for the Vision, but with our custom thumb-screws, each damping ball can be individually tightened/loosened, allowing you to fine-tune any vibrations away if necessary.

Keri

Some thoughts on the blocked antenna

1: As you can see in the pictures the antenna is directly behind the aluminum motor mount which would effectively block its operation.

2: It should be easy to evaluate how much the signal is being attenuated by using the built in WiFi signal strength indicator. Fly out some distance, say 200 ft at 150 ft. elevation and hover. Yaw the phantom so the unblocked antenna is towards you and record the signal strength. Then yaw the phantom so the blocked antenna is towards you and record the signal strength. I hope one of the earlier receivers of the gimbal will test this and post results.

3: The blocked antenna could fairly easily be moved outside the camera to a location not blocked by the gimbal motor.. The Rotorpixel camera mount could even be modified to have a holder somewhere for the antenna.

4: It might be time to add an external circular polarized omni antenna for the camera. That would be feasible if another flexible cable can be run from the camera to the antenna without effecting the operation of the gimbal. Please weigh in on this Rotorpixel

5: I wonder if Rotorpixel could build a camera mount for the Vision that has a good 2.4 GHz antenna built in. All that would be needed would be a short mating cable to the antenna cable shown in the picture. You could run it through the air vent on the bottom of the camera.

6: I believe the end result of the blocked antenna will be a very annoying FPV experience for those like me who enjoy doing that. For example, If you were standing out in the middle of a large field you would be able to fly FPV around the field perimeter with no loss of video in a clockwise direction but not in a counter clockwise direction. You may experience video dropout whenever you turn the gimbal motor towards you after a certain range. I hope I'm wrong.

Attachments

• CameraAntennas.jpg
    CameraAntennas.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 389
  • Rotorpixel Phantom 2 Vision Gimbal - 4.jpg
    Rotorpixel Phantom 2 Vision Gimbal - 4.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 374
I'd be really interested to see if you could mount one of the specifically made antennas from these guys and still have the gimbal balanced: http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce ... antom-2-1/ I'm guessing it all depends on the length and flexibility of the pigtail cable and how aggressively you fly or how choppy it is...

They are meant to be very lightweight, though... perhaps there's an option to hang them down from the camera itself and then balance with it there. Need to hand-catch for landing, though - and sort something out for take off too.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT