Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

theSelf said:
BigSky said:
Thanks Justin. I looked and looked and didn't find one.
I was out in a big field just down the road flying about 6 fee off the ground about 3 mph. All of suddenly the Phantom dives down at 45* into the snow. It landed softly on 12" to 16" of fresh snow. No damage at all on props or anything else. I went over and picked it up and noticed a weird smell, almost like cow poop.
I put everything in the car and came home. I started it up in the house and discovered one of the motors isn’t working. It tries to turn, but just bumps around and it still has that weird smell. That explains the nose dive.
I am not very happy so far.

sorry to hear that bigsky- you know why the motor burnt out? Did you have a hard landing at any point before that may have damaged the motor? here 's a video of someone who upgraded their p2v motors completely which are supposed to extend flight time and create fatser lift- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwD-Vtc3qI8

This was a good one on the Tigers too, because he did side by side comparisons with the standard ones.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2s3ed-BREw

Bigvern said:
BigSky said:
Vicrimo said:
I like the way this gimbal looks compare to the DE gimbal. My only concern is the camera hanging too low. I guess adding thicker cushions will help a bit. Can't wait to preorder. I already have the lens filter kit on :D and this gimbal would add the final touch to my PV2.
Where did you get your lens filter? Any idea on the weight of it?

Great video here about lens filter kit & Simon does say what the weight is, I can't remember myself now. Sorry can't help where to buy I did get one last week but out of stock now.
http://youtu.be/vNzwZ9oKezo

Cheers Glen

Yeah I couldn't find one in stock anywhere so I guess I'll just be waiting for now.

Venom93corba said:
Rotorpixel give us some videos. We're dying here!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Yes some vids of it in action would be nice. Oh, and of course preorder info would be nice as well :)

Sorry for the delay everyone - we're moving as fast as we possibly can! We've got a ton of unanswered emails on our hands, so please be patient as we work through them all.

We decided to make a slight (but significant) design change at the last minute before starting the production run of CNC parts.... due to the number of emails regarding the use of the DJI filter holder, we re-designed the gimbal frame such that the Vision camera can be precisely balanced depending whether or not a lens/filter has been installed. The parts are still scheduled to be completed before the end of next week.

Thanks everyone for being so patient! We'll get some videos posted as soon as we can, but we've been more focused on making sure that our manufacturing schedule is being adhered to, so we can get them into customers' hands faster!

Keri

Rotorpixel said:
Sorry for the delay everyone - we're moving as fast as we possibly can! We've got a ton of unanswered emails on our hands, so please be patient as we work through them all.

We decided to make a slight (but significant) design change at the last minute before starting the production run of CNC parts.... due to the number of emails regarding the use of the DJI filter holder, we re-designed the gimbal frame such that the Vision camera can be precisely balanced depending whether or not a lens/filter has been installed. The parts are still scheduled to be completed before the end of next week.

Thanks everyone for being so patient! We'll get some videos posted as soon as we can, but we've been more focused on making sure that our manufacturing schedule is being adhered to, so we can get them into customers' hands faster!

Keri

Excellent idea. The lens filter is something many of us want to use. Thanks for keeping us posted Keri. Double time it! lol. :)

Have we ever heard what the price is going to be ? I know initially we heard like 300-400 but nothing more. I have a feeling this is going to be now closer to 500 than 300

streetcreep said:
Have we ever heard what the price is going to be ? I know initially we heard like 300-400 but nothing more. I have a feeling this is going to be now closer to 500 than 300

Yup same feeling.. But still cheaper than Dronexpert :?

Any information or experiments yet to determine how much the
tilt motor interferes with the WiFi out the port side of the camera?

theSelf said:
Brew said:
BigSky said:
Bigsky,
I bought it from http://1uas.com. Came out to $21.95 shipped in the USA
I just spent about an hour looking for the filter kit, everybody is sold out. WTF they must have 2 guys hammering them out in the wood shed and got behind. Might have to build my own.

Did a bit of a search myself, the only place I could find it in-stock was BUZZFLYER in the UK - about $28 shipped for me in USA.

for everyone looking for the dji filter kits which appear to be currently sold out- check out this post at facebook- instant message Peter Ellin or chat on this post (he appears to to have plenty in stock) - I got my dji filter kit from him yesterday shipped (within US) for only $18.95 - https://www.facebook.com/groups/DJIGuys ... 822737090/

Justin

That was a dead end. I don't know him and there are probably 500 Peter Ellens in the US.

theSelf said:
BigSky said:
Thanks Justin. I looked and looked and didn't find one.
I was out in a big field just down the road flying about 6 fee off the ground about 3 mph. All of suddenly the Phantom dives down at 45* into the snow. It landed softly on 12" to 16" of fresh snow. No damage at all on props or anything else. I went over and picked it up and noticed a weird smell, almost like cow poop.
I put everything in the car and came home. I started it up in the house and discovered one of the motors isn’t working. It tries to turn, but just bumps around and it still has that weird smell. That explains the nose dive.
I am not very happy so far.

sorry to hear that bigsky- you know why the motor burnt out? Did you have a hard landing at any point before that may have damaged the motor? here 's a video of someone who upgraded their p2v motors completely which are supposed to extend flight time and create fatser lift- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwD-Vtc3qI8

Never have crashed it or had hard landing. I think the motor was bad from the get go. It always did have a weird smell to it and it always lagged on that motor when taking off.

Hi everybody. I want to ask to rotorpixel that why your shipping cost is so expensive (eg: 90 dollar to my country Turkey). I dont understand because products is lightweight and small package?

BigSky said:
That was a dead end. I don't know him and there are probably 500 Peter Ellens in the US.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 379

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT