Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

pyrophantom said:
So are the new bits going to be made available as an upgrade kit ?

:roll:

Lets see what's new:

New plastic parts
New motors (with thicker shafts)
New metal arms (better clearance and adjusted for thinner motors)
New metal mounts to accommodate the thicker shafts

What you could reuse from your existing RotorPixel gimbal:
BaseCam board + IMU
Jack (male and female)
Dampener screws
Maybe the metal baseplate

I would say: Doubtful.

Is Rotorpixel sending out any gimbals yet?
I have been waiting since April 1 :?

"Order Number: #xxxxxx3016 (placed on April 1, 2014)"

Sorry if this has been asked before but I've installed my rotorpixel and gone into the mac version of the vision software but can't find the settings to alter under the gimbal section. Any thoughts?

jnse said:

No, I've been waiting since March #997

Thanks Geert, all sorted. First and second flights completed successfully. The gimbal makes a huge difference doesn't it.

I will indeed. Just waiting for some good light (I'm a landscape photographer so have an unhealthy obsession with light).

jnse said:

Mine was informed by email to send out 22 April.
And HAVE.NOT received it so far.
Several to contact Keri to ask for mail receipt from Canada post by reply my email back, so I can check my local post.
But he did not and refuse to send. ??
Without responsible !!! Hope you have a good business ????..
After wait for long order, STILL you have your own risk after shipment.

Is there any word on the availability of these New Shorter CNC aluminum Frames?
I really need to get the camera off the ground. I always catch if I can, otherwise I find grass to land in.

Will these 'Newer Frames' be "required" for a 3rd axis, when it become available ?
What about existing Frames? Will they be obsolete with the new shorter frame and motors ?

It would be nice to 'not' have to worry about the camera bumping on landings.
I won't attach anything to the legs permanently because of height restrictions in my case.

Also the newer smaller motors would lighten the load.

Keri, please update US, or your Website,.... so we can continue to develop this RP Gimbal for the PV2.
I know you're still busy "ramping up" production, as it were. However, an update on these "recent improvements" you have posted for this excellent Gimbal , sure would be nice.

Thanks

The Rookie

Here is some video for a partner/realtor, taken with and without the RP Gimbal. Part business and part fun.

Hopefully, if the laws will permit a future business opportunity.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bpi_Y4DcMQ[/youtube]

The Rookie :cool:

RCRookie said:
Is there any word on the availability of these New Shorter CNC aluminum Frames?
I really need to get the camera off the ground. I always catch if I can, otherwise I find grass to land in.

Will these 'Newer Frames' be "required" for a 3rd axis, when it become available ?
What about existing Frames? Will they be obsolete with the new shorter frame and motors ?

It would be nice to 'not' have to worry about the camera bumping on landings.
I won't attach anything to the legs permanently because of height restrictions in my case.

Also the newer smaller motors would lighten the load.

Keri, please update US, or your Website,.... so we can continue to develop this RP Gimbal for the PV2.
I know you're still busy "ramping up" production, as it were. However, an update on these "recent improvements" you have posted for this excellent Gimbal , sure would be nice.

Thanks

The Rookie

+1 Some updated info would be good Keri -- and you site hasn't changes since... too long ago to recall. Those resource links are still empty....

sunnyside said:
jnse said:

Mine was informed by email to send out 22 April.
And HAVE.NOT received it so far.
Several to contact Keri to ask for mail receipt from Canada post by reply my email back, so I can check my local post.
But he did not and refuse to send. ??
Without responsible !!! Hope you have a good business ????..
After wait for long order, STILL you have your own risk after shipment.

There must have been some serious issue with Canada Post for that date, since mine was sent the same day and still didn't arrive. Scam business???

Geert said:
RCRookie said:

Thanks

The Rookie

I tried to contact Keri several times.
No answer , no return email.

Frustrating... :|

Geert./.

He never responded to my parts request either. If I were in the same position today needing a gimbal I wouldn't buy from RP or anyone for that matter. Best thing to do is sell what you have and upgrade to a 3 axis option. Keri took the money and ran... No support after sale.

gfredrone said:
Geert said:
RCRookie said:

Thanks

The Rookie

I tried to contact Keri several times.
No answer , no return email.

Frustrating... :|

Geert./.

He never responded to my parts request either. If I were in the same position today needing a gimbal I wouldn't buy from RP or anyone for that matter. Best thing to do is sell what you have and upgrade to a 3 axis option. Keri took the money and ran... No support after sale.

After sale and before delivery, you may add...

Geert said:
gfredrone said:

I always had good experiences with him until now.
Actually I bought this gimbal because there was the option for the 3axis.

Now I don't believe that there will ever be an upgrade kit available for the Rotorpixel gimbal.
Let's hope I am wrong.

Geert./.
+1
I have ordered and cancelled 2 times because of his business practices. I too wanted the 3 axis version but doubt whether it will ever become reality. I cant believe people are still ordering them. I don't think Keri cares. Sad. But the good news is that technology is changing so fast, that, a real company will come out with one soon!

Geert said:
AllanVB said:
+1
I have ordered and cancelled 2 times because of his business practices. I too wanted the 3 axis version but doubt whether it will ever become reality. I cant believe people are still ordering them. I don't think Keri cares. Sad. But the good news is that technology is changing so fast, that, a real company will come out with one soon!

I am very happy with the results from the gimbal but I really looking forward to 3 axis stabilization. I doubt it will ever come.
At the moment I am thinking of selling it.

Geert./.

I plan to use this craft for business, short of going to a larger platform with DSLR onboard its still a good option to the Plus.
Just disappointed Keri hasn't expanded on what he began. The competition will move to newer craft and leave RP in the dust if he doesn't keep up.
There are still lots of Vision owners that are hoping he will come thru.

If these new motors and CNC frames are already "On Hand" in Keri's shop. Then a " upgrade kit" is absolutely the way to go. He should be advertising it the moment a new motor or frame leaves his shop. IMO.

Geert said:
RCRookie said:
I plan to use this craft for business, short of going to a larger platform with DSLR onboard its still a good option to the Plus.
Just disappointed Keri hasn't expanded on what he began. The competition will move to newer craft and leave RP in the dust if he doesn't keep up.
There are still lots of Vision owners that are hoping he come thru.

Absolutely right.
Keri should start to communicate again with his customers.

Geert./.

Instead, he seems to be running away from them (us)...

Where did the info on new stuff come from? It's not on his old un-updated website? Was it on Faceplant?
After the recent news of yet more their abuse of customers, I'm amazed anyone would use Facepalm on a commercial basis.....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor