Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Rotorpixel quick video of Noodlers looking for Catfish under concrete and rock overhangs in Lake Palestine.

Quality seemed a bit low, due to overcast conditions, however the RP still preforms well. Hoping for a Third Axis soon. Any updates from Keri would be nice, I'll keep checking back.

Time for some boat videos.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0FoxayPZ8g[/youtube]

Geert said:
There is still some jello in the video.

I ordered Neutral Density lens and hope to get out the last jello.
Somebody experienced good results with ND lens ?

Geert.

Geert, I am using a UV filter on my P2V camera but was concerned with what seems to me to be a loss in clarity. I do use variable (i.e. adjustable) ND filters on my DSLR's' lenses which allows me to reduce the amount of light hitting the sensor which in turn allows me to go to a longer shutter speed to get the blurred effect with waterfalls, rapids, and fountains.

I have done some research and found out the following about ND filters:

"ND Filters
A popular filter for outdoor photography, these filters are neutral gray and reduce the amount of light passing through the lens . Used to prevent overexposure or washed out images when the light is too bright or the ISO is too high; it also allows you to lower the intensity of light so you can shoot at a slower shutter speed and achieve a blurring affect."

The whole article can be found here:

http://www.vistek.ca/buyingguides/filte ... types.aspx

I bought a clear lens for the P2V and am going to do 3 video takes to see the differences between the UV filter, the clear filter, and no filter. Although no filter worries me due to the possibility of scratching the FC200 lens. I will post my results when the weather improves here in Toronto.

The update today from Rotopixel

As below screen grab , the update posted 15 mins ago

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    533.8 KB · Views: 422
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 407
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 403
skyviewpix said:
Bunyarra said:
A little worried - order shipped on April 27th, not arrived in the UK yet a month later. No reply from Rotorpixel about ETA. How long have other UK orders taken to arrive?

What shipping method did you select?

The non-tracked one ... so long ago, I forget. Most UK orders seem to have arrived in 3-4 weeks, this has been 6.

I posted my latest Rotorpixel-gimbal-assisted video in the "Lets See Some Videos" thread:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12610&start=240#p160213

I remain impressed by the improvement that the new gimbal provides. It's a game changer!

I was only able to fly the P2V a few times so I would have gotten only about a minute usable footage with the original gimbal. With the Rotorpixel gimbal, pretty much everything recorded was usable, I just had to edit it down to the interesting stuff.

-- Roger

Re: RotorPixel Gimbal Technical Discussion

ANY ONE KNOW ABOUT HOW LONG ORDERS ARE TAKING THESE DAYS ??

JUST TAT FOR ONE OF THESE NOW THAT THEY'VE BEEN OUT FOR A FEW MONTHS... :geek:

Well I placed my order back on the 8th Feb #572, notification of order being dispatched to the UK on 26th April and just had note through the door today by post office that my package is ready to collect from local post office with a £50 import tax bill. What service but at least it arrived. I was stupid enough to not pay for tracking, but at least it's arrived.

I gave up waiting for mine. I ordered it mid-to-late March. Now that the Vision+ is out I don't really see the point to pay almost $500 for the gimbal, which is close to half of the price of a Vision+.

What is the latest order number that has been received at this time. The last four digits of my order is 3181. I need an idea when I can expect to receive it. I placed my order on April 22nd. Thanks!!

Pull_Up said:
Jimmy270 said:
I don't recall paying any extra for delivery
So maybe this is the reson for delay
I have emailed rotorpixel 3 times now but still no reply
Seems they are quick to take our money but very poor after sales communication
Thanks jimmy

The delivery options to the UK were: Canadapost - (2-3 weeks) - No Tracking — 20.00
Canadapost - (7 days) - Tracking — 50.00
Canadapost - (4 days) - Tracking — 75.00

To the USA the cheapest option was a 6 day service, no tracking.

If you don't recall paying extra I suspect you went for the base shipping, so no tracking will be available and you will probably have to wait 4 weeks before Rotorpixel can file a missing item claim. Not sure they can be blamed for this one if they sent it untracked, slow delivery as per your order... You're not at three weeks yet, and that is three weeks to hit the UK, not including any delays sitting in UK customs (mine sat there for 4 days, I had the 4 day delivery option) :)

My order #477 is from Feb, 11th, sent on April, 24th, normal delivery (no tracking), but, still, not arrived here in Portugal!!! Terrible service. No reply, from Rotorpixel, to several claims made (through mails and Rotorpixel site), nothing, so far....

So, what to do? Wait? Claim for refund? Any suggestions?

Been waiting since 16 th of March and now I start to get pissed of cause of thge lack of information.
Have no other choice then to ask for a refund and buy something else.

website said 4-8 weeks for pre-orders and 8 weeks is like 60 days now its been like 95 days they kept my money and no information at all about when we can expect our orders.

They like to hold our money but they dont care at all about post information weekly about the progress on production or delivery.
And that isnt really time consuming to post a weekly update.

To bad I was really looking forward to become a RP owner , but this is enough for me.

I'm hesitating in ordering a RP. I think it was hard to predict the amount of demand RP was going to have, so it's understandable to have a 2 month wait. However I think the concern now is having to wait indefinitely.

Hopefully the new manufacturing process will speed things up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor