Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

7 weeks and 2 days here. Also emailed with no response. Hoping to receive it sometime this week or next. When I ordered it I think I remember reading that it was a 6-8 week wait.

Yes,...please post your queue and shipping dates/numbers. We all hope Keri can get caught up and maybe explore the viability of a "yaw axis upgrade" to the RP.
I know that I personally am interested in this, as I'm sure there are others.

Also, am very happy overall, with the performance and aesthetics of this gimbal.

Thanks
The Rookie :cool:

Pull_Up said:
skyviewpix said:
Can anyone in the UK tell me which postal service handles delivery once received in the UK and the lead time for delivery once the parcel has landed in the country?

I was so happy to get the shipping notification, but getting a little anxious about delivery, I paid $50 for delivery on the Rotorpixel site when I ordered.

I look forward to any replies

Thank You

It's Parcelforce. The Canada Post tracking number works on Parcelforce track-and-trace once the package hits the UK. Mine spent 4 days in customs when it landed before it cleared out the other end, then it's held at your local Parcelforce depot because they write to you to advise of the charges you have to pay before it's delivered. I could see on the tracking that it hit my depot so went down there, paid up and took the parcel home myself.

Thank you for the information Simon, very much appreciated! Do you mind me asking how much you paid for duty?

Convert from dollars to £, then add 20% VAT and 6% Import Duty plus an admin fee from Parcelforce of either £8 or £13 depending on shipping priority.

That's all from memory as I don't have it in front of me. Actual amounts will vary depending on exchange rate and what duty band the Customs admin put it in. One chap got it with no charges at all - it didn't get caught by Customs so he got a 26% discount on what he was expecting...

I was 658 and it arrived in the UK 15th May, the Canadapost site then shows it mysteriously arrived AGAIN in the UK on 19th both at heathrow clearing which is BGLALA and the shipping number doesnt work on parcelforce yet

:roll:

ok nevermind.. got it today! Finally!!! ;) I have no patience at all..

BUT, i installed the gimbal, and when i turn it on, the gimball goes freaky! and starts shaking and turning very strange! what is the problem!? Any1 had the same problem?

Schenso said:

BUT, i installed the gimbal, and when i turn it on, the gimball goes freaky! and starts shaking and turning very strange! what is the problem!? Any1 had the same problem?

You need to balance your gimbal!

Re: Rotorpixel shipping notice...

So... what should I expect here? Order Number: #1402073148 (placed on April 16, 2014 12:49PM EDT.)

If "658" really shipped two weeks ago... is that "2658" ending numbers? Meaning, I just need them to make 490 more? Do we know the queue really counts like that?

Really sad customer service that we turn to ourselves to conjure up answers about their own product.

Meanwhile, I'll start flying the Vision+ that arrived yesterday and hope the random crashes reported are random...

Schenso said:

It'll do that for a few seconds as it levels itself when the P2V is first powered on. If it lasts longer than that, then something is not right. Look for a wire or something else catching.

-- Roger

Coreyk said:
Schenso said:

You need to balance your gimbal!

thx for your input.. I did all the balancing. So thats not the problem. So must be a wire or something, but everything looks fine :cry:

Guys, with the Rotorpixel installed and descent rate limited by the new firmware, what is your technique to engage full possible descent speed knowing when the throttle stick is full down it may turn the motors off?
Thanks
Robert

Thank You

2 pictures from Niagara Falls Ontario, before the water fall... With Rotorpixel...

riblit said:
It's been noted in other threads that the motors won't turn off with full down left stick unless the phantom detects it is no longer descending.

Attachments

• 20140519-DJI00099-web.jpg
    20140519-DJI00099-web.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 293
  • 20140519-DJI00118-web.jpg
    20140519-DJI00118-web.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 291
jadebox said:
Schenso said:

It'll do that for a few seconds as it levels itself when the P2V is first powered on. If it lasts longer than that, then something is not right. Look for a wire or something else catching.

-- Roger

Yes.. I think so. But i cant see any wires that are not in place or something. Maybe the motor is broken? If u guys want to see a video to make it clear i can make 1

Geert said:
Schenso said:
Here is the video.. i hope some1 can help!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvWhdDYCbC8

als je echt alles gechecked hebt, geen kabels die blokkeren of zo, dan terugsturen die handel

Geert.

Ja idd. ik heb zelfs alles los gehaald.. kabels bekeken maar die doen het gewoon goed. het ziet er ook naar uit dat het achterste motortje al een keer eerder ergens voor is gebruikt. Ik stuur alles terug :?

English: i checked all the cables but seems fine. Must be something else then.. And the motor in the back seems to be used.. all kind of scratches on it. I'm gonna send it all back and email Keri and i hope i'll get a response.. damnit! Must be a long wait again!

For those in UK waiting for their gimbal, I have a card through my door for £50 ffs !!!!!! :evil:

Would be cheaper for me to use the bloody thing to traffic in drugs !!!!.......its obvious **** Turpin would have been able to hold down a steady job in HM Customs !

:twisted: :twisted:

Worst day ever..

Yesterday the rotorpixel gimbal wasnt good.. and today i had a flyaway! :cry: :evil:

I did everything the same as all of my flights.. must have been 60 flights or something. Didnt do anything strange. And i had 8 satellites. leds were green and i was like 30 meters up and suddenly i saw 4 red flashing leds and i couldnt stop my PV anymore! Now it's gone! Find my vision doesnt work really good.. bye bye Phantom. Havnt got money for a new 1. So that's it :cry:

****!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart