Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Seahorse said:
Am I reading that right, you buy the antenna which comes with two cables, hook it up to the Tx and WiFi extender and improve both ranges? No other tasks required?

The reason I ask, is last time I looked you needed to be Ex-Royal Signals to know what to buy and what to connect it to... :shock:

Yep, should work well with the Rotorpixel as I have the lower gain original separates and they do well - this should do better. I am completely untechnical but Will @ Horizon is very good at replying to emails, bless him. I just told him what I wanted to do and he told me what I needed - I notice that he's updated a lot of the descriptions with things like "If using with a Vision then you'll need to specify the RP-SMA connection", etc. I think it probably took him a while to get his head around how little some of us in the "ready to fly" market know about the techier side of the hobby...!

Anyone know in the PC Assistant software how to spin up just one motor at a time? My P2V is making a funny (i.e. high pitch sound) when starting to ascend and I think one of the motors is the culprit. I have very carefully balanced all of the props and they do not appear to be the issue. I thought I had read somewhere that is the PC Assistant software there was a way to spin up only one motor at a time but I cannot seem to find that post.

I have gone through all of the tabs in the software but for the life of me cannot find it, if it exists. I want my P2V perfectly fit before I install my RPG which probably should be arriving the week after this coming one.TIA.

Today was my first chance to fly without crazy wind with my new RP. Flights were good. Until...

http://youtu.be/vP2RoLOrTz4

I was flying like I did before the RP. And once in a while I would get a battery low warning even though my battery was between 30% - 90%. Thought that curious. But lesson learned. After the crash landing I suspect a low battery "spike" caused it. I was below 30% as I started down. I flew 4 more times after the hard landing and made sure to land well before the battery got to 25% with no issues. In fact, it really wanted to land starting at about 30%.

The prop damage is curious! Not sure what to think of that?!?

Weather calm with light breezes.
Installed RP and Flyrex.
9dBi antenna on TX.

Think you got the wrong video there Geert lol...it shows the crash one !

I wonder if there is a way to use solid gel (silicone) balls... or rubber balls (hollow) , in place of the current dampners. The thumb screws would need to be replaced with a different type to afix the gimbal to the vision frame. As currently,... vibrations are transmitted thru these thumbscrews. As with all metal to metal contact, it is a source for vibration.

Any thoughts?

I'm thinking tieing a string or rubber band to the four dampener mounts trapping small air or gel filled balls between, to keep the gimbal in place.... Do away with the thumbscrews alltogether.

I'll work on this idea....Once I get my gimbal. More later.

Who wants to volunteer to be the RotorPixel crash Dummy? Get a mini Dummy Doll and strap it to the P2V and see how well it survives a high altitude burn in.

RCRookie said:
I wonder if there is a way to use solid gel (silicone) balls... or rubber balls (hollow) , in place of the current dampners. The thumb screws would need to be replaced with a different type to afix the gimbal to the vision frame. As currently,... vibrations are transmitted thru these thumbscrews. As with all metal to metal contact, it is a source for vibration.

Any thoughts?

I'm thinking tieing a string or rubber band to the four dampener mounts trapping small air or gel filled balls between, to keep the gimbal in place.... Do away with the thumbscrews alltogether.

I think with all the testing that's been done with the thumb screw things, they seem to be a failure for what they were designed to do. There is no way to reduce the rigidity of them short of cutting slots in them. Seems like some sort of super flexible and tough balloon type cushion would have worked better.

Hi have an email stating my gimbal was dispatched and to follow the link below (in the email) to track the parcel. There was no link I have tried the only number on the email which began with SQ1234... But that is no recognised on the Canadian post website.
Is that the correct number or am I missing something?. I gave emailed them but I don't expect a reply as I'm assuming they are busy getting other gimbals ready.
I was hoping someone who has had one delivered can confirm their delivery tracking number started with SQ or two similar letters.

I recall when I tried to track mine, I could not track until it was passed to the USPS at the Chicago sorting facility.

The SQ number is from Rotorpixel. I received my shipping number thru the Canadian Postal Service... "LM(nine digits)CA"
The US Post Office has not changed the number, It was tracked from Canada at 1pm on the 23rd, to Chicago (last 3days), it was in Dallas last night at midnight.

Hope this info helps.

The Rookie

BigSky said:
RCRookie said:

Any thoughts?

I think with all the testing that's been done with the thumb screw things, they seem to be a failure for what they were designed to do. There is no way to reduce the rigidity of them short of cutting slots in them. Seems like some sort of super flexible and tough balloon type cushion would have worked better.

Agreed, I think the system can be improved with better isolation of the Gimbal to the Frame.

Thanks RCRookie, maybe I will get tracking number through the Canadian postal service then. Fingers crossed

smatty2023 said:
Hi have an email stating my gimbal was dispatched and to follow the link below (in the email) to track the parcel. There was no link I have tried the only number on the email which began with SQ1234... But that is no recognised on the Canadian post website.
Is that the correct number or am I missing something?. I gave emailed them but I don't expect a reply as I'm assuming they are busy getting other gimbals ready.
I was hoping someone who has had one delivered can confirm their delivery tracking number started with SQ or two similar letters.

There should be a number associated with the email from the Canadian Post. Perhaps you live in a Country that doesn't translate or forward postal tracking info ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94