Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Petereesha said:
Just a brief update on shipping numbers. here is a copy of an email I received from Rotorpixel on 04/24/14:

Sorry for the delay - so many emails!!!

We're currently shipping out approximately 50-100 per week, and by the end of next week we should be around the #XXXXXX620 mark. From there, you can make an estimate of how close we are to your order, but we're taking steps to hopefully increase our production capability substantially (to several hundred per week).

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Keri

Unfortunately my number is XXXXX3027 so I have a month or more to wait but I think it will be worth it.

Huh, so I am going to stop buying lottery tickets. I am order # 621. Oh well, at least by then there will be another hundred out the door for any potential bugs to be discovered but more importantly, forum posters' experiences with installing, balancing and getting everything right with the RPG install and flying.

RCRookie said:
Still waiting....for some reason my Gimbal processed thru Chicago almost 48 hours ago....I would have thought it would have been Detroit then Memphis then to East Texas. I hope they don't lose it.

Tired of waiting.

The Rookie

Mine left Chicago on a Sat and appeared in Coppell (DFW) on Tuesday at 2:34 am before being delivered 3:12 pm the same day up in N. TX. I think Chicago is customs.

wp6529 said:
RCRookie said:
Still waiting....for some reason my Gimbal processed thru Chicago almost 48 hours ago....I would have thought it would have been Detroit then Memphis then to East Texas. I hope they don't lose it.

Tired of waiting.

The Rookie

Mine left Chicago on a Sat and appeared in Coppell (DFW) on Tuesday at 2:34 am before being delivered 3:12 pm the same day up in N. TX. I think Chicago is customs.

Thank you for the info...That almost certainly means Monday delivery. I doubt it will make it today.

RCRookie said:

Tired of waiting.

The Rookie
Mine left Chicago about 48 hours ago also. This morning its status is "OUT FOR DELIVERY" - yay! (I'm just east of Seattle). Looks like I'll have to cancel my plans for tonight, darn :)

I hope for you it still will arrive today.
I know exactly how you feel . :lol:
My Rotorpixel gimbal travelled for 10 days.

Geert.

I'm hoping too Geert, but the math barely works...then there is the promptness of the U.S Post Office. Blahhh! :roll:

jimre said:
RCRookie said:

Tired of waiting.

The Rookie
Mine left Chicago about 48 hours ago also. This morning its status is "OUT FOR DELIVERY" - yay! (I'm just east of Seattle). Looks like I'll have to cancel my plans for tonight, darn :)

Mine has left Chicago about 48 hours ago too....but I've had no updates...2 days ago, in Chicago. So....I have no idea where it is.
Maybe it followed yours to Seattle? :cool:

RCRookie said:
jimre said:
RCRookie said:

Tired of waiting.

The Rookie

Mine has left Chicago about 48 hours ago too....but I've had no updates...2 days ago, in Chicago. So....I have no idea where it is.
Maybe it followed yours to Seattle? :cool:

Hope it's having a nice holiday.... :eek:

tubino said:
I just copied this great idea. The only difference is that I put mine on the side so I can rotate them up so the unit still fits in a Lowepro 450. I think the friction is enough to keep them from slipping, but if that proves to be a problem, I'll make a set that goes on the INSIDE, with enough length to clear the camera and gimbal. Thanks for this cheap simple solution!

That's great. I left mine loose enough on the wire ties that I can rotate mine upward also, yet they stay in place just fine for landing. I ground a little flat on them so they always point 90 degrees out no matter where you position them.

sbooneaz said:
Wow. Thanks to everybody in this thread and to Rotorpixel.

Got my gimbal last night (#499). Installed follow instructions and using Pull_Up's video. Easy install. Made adjustments based on posts in here and took it for its first flight this morning. Awesome!

Windy this AM and still got this on my first flight: http://youtu.be/L-Md2e7bdGc
Thanks for sharing. I think that is the best and most stable video I have seen from the P2V with RP Gimbal. You're great on the controls, better than me for sure. It almost looks like you have the 3 Axis instead of a 2 axis.
BigSky

Pro-Visions said:
I am new to this forum so I may have missed something. Is Rotorpixel shipping the gimbal yet? Thanks.
There about 6-7 weeks behind, it's worth the wait, I should get mine in about two to three weeks having ordered end of March.

FlyingFox said:
Pro-Visions said:
I am new to this forum so I may have missed something. Is Rotorpixel shipping the gimbal yet? Thanks.
There about 6-7 weeks behind, it's worth the wait, I should get mine in about two to three weeks having ordered end of March.

Then add a week or so more for postal service and customs.... Mine is in limbo status somewhere between Chicago and Texas for 3 days now.

Maybe it was intercepted (hijacked) by Homeland Insecurity. :eek:

Gimbaless in Texas

The Rookie

BigSky said:
Hey Geert, can you tell me which antennas work the best out of these? I only want to do the pilot end antennas.
http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce.com
Thanks

Not solicited from me but another option is the FPVLR antennas. There is a forum on PhantonPilots that is informative. Here is the link:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9993

I am thinking of going the FPVLR route on the pilot end only.....a lot of P2V flyers have and are getting solid results.

Am I reading that right, you buy the antenna which comes with two cables, hook it up to the Tx and WiFi extender and improve both ranges? No other tasks required?

The reason I ask, is last time I looked you needed to be Ex-Royal Signals to know what to buy and what to connect it to... :shock:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT