Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

I just received my gimbal today (order 453) and I am currently debating selling it. PM me if anyone is interested.

Man...Missed it by 10 last week.
s1cKn355 said:
I just received my gimbal today (order 453) and I am currently debating selling it. PM me if anyone is interested.
Hoping to have a shipping notification in less than 48 hrs.
The Rookie :eek: :lol: :eek:

Geert said:
F6Rider said:
Well, I just checked my tracking for #436 and is say's "Out for Delivery", so I am sitting here looking out the window every 5 minutes waiting on the mail truck, should be any time. I am in Calif.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I know that feeling.
Hopefully you can install it soon and show us your first footage with your new toy!

Geert.
Got it installed, no issues that I can see, seems to be working fine, totally silent operation. The extra weight squishes the footpads down and the camera barely touches the desk and jumps a little, but as soon as I lift it up a bit it is rock steady. Seeing as how I don't work any more I will be out flying tomorrow for a test run. I need some snap on 1" feet, using PVC rings now but need something better, but has to fit in the case so that means removable.

F6Rider said:
Got it installed, no issues that I can see, seems to be working fine, totally silent operation. The extra weight squishes the footpads down and the camera barely touches the desk and jumps a little, but as soon as I lift it up a bit it is rock steady. Seeing as how I don't work any more I will be out flying tomorrow for a test run. I need some snap on 1" feet, using PVC rings now but need something better, but has to fit in the case so that means removable.

Try using a couple of ten inch long 1" x 2" s laid on your takeoff zone (maybe on top of your case). Lay them parallel to each other and set the P2v on them (under the landing gear) and you will have the clearance for your camera. Takeoff normally. This way you won't have to carry the extra weight of added landing gear mods and your Phantom will still fit in your case.

When you are done, do a hand landing...

Thanks Outlaw, trying to keep the gear load down and get everything in the case. I can use the case for a take off point and hand catch for now, that isn't as easy as before due to the added weight and less space to grab it. I always hand catch in any kind of wind as I don't want to lose a prop due to a tip-over. It will be interesting to see how much harder it is to hand catch with the RP.

s1cKn355 said:

I'm not allowed to PM, but perhaps you can PM me. I'm interested in a good price on a Rotorpixel gimbal from anyone going to the +

I don't like bothering everyone, but 'tis the forum rules.

Here's a little quick and dirty set of landing gear extenders I came up with, works great.
P2VHerolegs.JPG

RamDez said:
Geert said:
Hi guys,

Today I did some fine tuning for jello free video, it is not yet 100% jello free but I am almost there

:p

What do you think ?

Geert.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkKH8Vq_IA4[/youtube]

Edit : direct link : http://youtu.be/EkKH8Vq_IA4

I still see a lot of Jello in this video!
Sorry Geert but I also see a lot of jello. There is a bit at the start then 10-15 seconds when you are pointing almost towards the sun are jello free but it seems as soon as you move and the sun is from the side the jello returns. Also noticed you definitely need the third axis - all the RP videos I have seen exhibit so much jerking. This is of course all fine tuning - it is still streets ahead of non gimballed footage.

Jello seems to be the curse of the aerial photographer and I wonder if it will ever be completely eliminated in very sunny conditions. The footage from my ungimballed P2V sometimes has so much in certain angles to the sun on very clear days.

Just a thought and it has probably been discussed many times but maybe if there was a way to completely shade the camera from the sun shining through the props and onto the lens it might help.

Sorry to wander a bit off topic (slap wrists) ;)

F6Rider said:
Thanks Outlaw, trying to keep the gear load down and get everything in the case. I can use the case for a take off point and hand catch for now, that isn't as easy as before due to the added weight and less space to grab it. I always hand catch in any kind of wind as I don't want to lose a prop due to a tip-over. It will be interesting to see how much harder it is to hand catch with the RP.
It is still just as simple, and safe to hand land. No difference...

RCRookie said:
s1cKn355 said:

My order number is a 10 digit number.... I am hope there are not that many orders in front of mine.... ill be have to leave the gimbal to my kids kids at that rate. LOL

Im guessing you are taking the last three numbers from the order number.....?

OldFlyer said:
Pull_Up said:
Thanks, but I'm not American so I don't need the definition. ;) As I said, if you're coming off as conveying contempt then there's probably an agenda. Or boredom. And by the way, I believe all the cool kids spell it "fanboi". :D

This seems like an insult to all Americans. I for one don't appreciate it. There are plenty of jerks on both sides of the Atlantic.

Its not an insult against Americans... Pull_Up is saying that "British english" is different from American english. So "Dictionary definitions will not automatically translate to the same. And he is absolutely right. So the poster needs to go to a british dictionary if he wants to define a word to a brit. Got it?

Jotfree said:
RCRookie said:
s1cKn355 said:

My order number is a 10 digit number.... I am hope there are not that many orders in front of mine.... ill be have to leave the gimbal to my kids kids at that rate. LOL

Im guessing you are taking the last three numbers from the order number.....?

Yes orders began at XXXXXX300 or there abouts. Most people are only concerned with the last three... Now four, since Keri has received more than a thousand orders.

RCRookie said:
OldFlyer said:
Pull_Up said:
Thanks, but I'm not American so I don't need the definition. ;) As I said, if you're coming off as conveying contempt then there's probably an agenda. Or boredom. And by the way, I believe all the cool kids spell it "fanboi". :D

This seems like an insult to all Americans. I for one don't appreciate it. There are plenty of jerks on both sides of the Atlantic.

Its not an insult against Americans... Pull_Up is saying that "British english" is different from American english. So "Dictionary definitions will not automatically translate to the the same. And he is absolutely right. So the poster needs to go to a british dictionary if he wants to define a word to a brit. Got it?
The clue is in the ;) - there is no way Pull_Up would be deliberately rude to his cousins across the pond.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB9THQ8FxRA[/youtube]
I've not seen any big issues with the Rotorpixel gimbal, I'm glad i didn't give up on it.
Even DJI equipment doesn't always play well and has its own issues as this Vision Plus gimbal demonstrates.

The Rookie

RCRookie said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB9THQ8FxRA[/youtube]
I've not seen any big issues with the Rotorpixel gimbal, I'm glad i didn't give up on it.
Even DJI equipment doesn't always play well and has its own issues as this Vision Plus gimbal demonstrates.

The Rookie

My gimbal arrived Tuesday, took about 30 min to install and is working perfectly. When test flying it Tuesday afternoon the winds were light ~5 mph and the video shows little if any yaw twitch.

RCRookie said:
Geert said:
Went out today to visit some bees !

Geert.

Nice video Geert...I don't have the best eyes, but its seems perfectly stable to me.

The Rookie

How many were sliced and diced in the blades :lol: ? I always thought the P2V sounded like a swarm of killer bees. The honey bees probably thought you were an invading colony of killer drones.

I'm headed out for another test run. Fingers crossed my jello will be gonzo! If the video is good I'll post.

Hi everyone,

New to this site as a user but I have been reading this forum for a couple weeks now. Thanks for all the discussion and insight. I have a couple questions:

1. I saw that #453 just got delivered. Am I correct in assuming that was order #2453? I just ordered my gimbal this morning and my order number is 3155... Looks like I have a long time to wait.

2. This may not be the right thread but I did some video with my vision the other day and when I downloaded it to my iPad it looks good and fairly smooth (for having no gimbal). However I opened it on my Mac in iMovie and the film seems a little choppy. Has anyone else run into this? My Mac is abt 6 months old so I can't imagine it's the computer. I guess it may just appear choppy because it's displayed on the larger 27 inch screen vs the smaller iPad mini screen. Anybody have thoughts on this?

Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT