Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Geert said:
Anybody news about Rotorpixel as this is the Rotorpixel gimbal thread.

:)

Geert.
Yes, keep everyone on topic ;)

Actually, seriously it is a good idea if the original poster acts like a moderator for his/her own thread since Adam runs the place with such a light touch (which I like).

So, can anyone answer my question from a few posts ago - how will the Rotorpixel gimbal be able to function with an alternative camera (eg RX100) once the promised adapters appear ?

viz:
pault said:
AllanVB said:
tubino said:
Is anyone using a Sony RX100 with the Rotorpixel gimbal?
I plan on it... if and when I receive my RP and when there is an adapter. Also waiting for 3rd axis update.
I see these references to an adapter to hold the RX100 and other cameras but;

* how do you plan to get FPV so you can compose your shot ?
* how do you plan to trigger the RX100 ?
* how do you plan to get even basic telemetry such as battery %age & sats in view ?

and alter the camera settings in flight although that would be a luxury ......

So I'm not able to go flying today. Several radios on my bench that I hope the owners will come and pick up. I'm all caught up on this thread again and have to say there are way to many posters that come in and ask questions before scanning the thread. But that is normal here as it is on other forums. All in all the thread stays on topic very well.
I ordered a RP 60 days ago today. Order # 446. I'm watching my email everyday for a shipping notice. But all the computer time has caused me to have ordered a Phantom 2 with Zenmuse H3-3D GoPro Gimbal . :shock: I can blame Pull UP for this. :D
I'm also thinking about a HEX Kit just to have something to build up from the airframe up. Have fun guys

Rotorpixel said:
Sorry for the temporary hiccup in email service - our mail server is back up and running now. Don't worry to anyone who has requested refunds - they're being processed tonight.

Keri

I have made requests for cancellation over email, as well as the website for my order #1402072541, with no response for 2 days. I have resorted to filing a chargeback dispute with my card company.
I hope this does not pose a problem.

Geert said:
Anybody news about Rotorpixel as this is the Rotorpixel gimbal thread.

:)

Geert.

Yes, mine (#386 was dispatched on Monday) is with UK Customs, but no sign of the card which details how much I get fleeced by the Post Office for handling fee and Customs Import Duty... :evil:

Muzzman1 said:
Rotorpixel said:
Sorry for the temporary hiccup in email service - our mail server is back up and running now. Don't worry to anyone who has requested refunds - they're being processed tonight.

Keri

I have made requests for cancellation over email, as well as the website for my order #1402072541, with no response for 2 days. I have resorted to filing a chargeback dispute with my card company.
I hope this does not pose a problem.
That's a bit tight, since as far as I'm aware everyone who has asked for a refund has had it eventually. If you were not prepared to wait you should not have ordered. Just because you changed your mind, you should be very grateful that you can get a refund. Just be patient, why should RP give priority to people who change their minds. :roll:

I've just clicked the button on an order for a RP gimbal. Really annoyed that the P2V+ came out 10 days after I received my P2V but hey, that's 10 days of fun I've had (less the study time for exams). Yes the new + may have some extra features like extended range but to be honest I don't fly at the current limits just now so having further limits doesn't interest me.

I'm looking forward to having some stable video footage and not having to correct squint pictures. I may have even started the ball rolling on being able to fly in a local football stadium but I need to wat until the Commonwealth Games are over (security concerns).

FYI I cancelled my RP order and probably ordering Vision+. Keri refunded fast and without issue. Great guy. I'm kinda having regrets about canceling my order.

Geert said:
Hi guys,

Today I received answer from Rotorpixel by email.

I am waiting on mine! I cant wait. I have read that one of the gimbals blocks one of the internal antennas. Have you notice at loss of range on your FPV?

Hi Geert,

Yes, we are much closer! Early next week we are receiving final
production samples from the machine shop, so if everything is perfect,
then we'll start a full production run of parts. They should be ready
by early February, and we'll be able to immediately start shipping.

We're expecting that the price will be between $300-400, and it will
be completely plug-and-play... no need to solder anything!

Attached is the most recent render of the gimbal.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Keri

Looking forward to the final result.

Geert.

Oooooo!!! Ooooooo!!

It's getting closer to 469!! LOL!

I was flying in some good wind gusts the other day and I'm getting tired of cropping and straightening. Sure, it's east to do in the raw converter, but it will be nice when I don't have to do it at all!! :D

Scottrod said:
FYI I cancelled my RP order and probably ordering Vision+. Keri refunded fast and without issue. Great guy. I'm kinda having regrets about canceling my order.
Really? No Way!! :)

happydays said:
Waited and waited for DJI. Doesn't look like they are going to announce a gimbal for retrofitting to P2V any time soon. Just ordered my RP gimbal 1402073121. Does that mean I'm 1121?

Looks like it could be a long wait.

Connor

OMG :shock: that makes me smile at 658 lolol :lol:

pyrophantom said:
happydays said:
Waited and waited for DJI. Doesn't look like they are going to announce a gimbal for retrofitting to P2V any time soon. Just ordered my RP gimbal 1402073121. Does that mean I'm 1121?

Connor

OMG :shock: that makes me smile at 658 lolol :lol:

Come on 410... :)

happydays said:

Connor

Ha ha ha, beat you, I'm 1117 :twisted:

happydays said:

Connor
My Brother-in-law attends NAB in Las Vegas each year. I asked him to inquire at the DJI Booth. So there's good news and bad news (according to your perspective). To the question of retrofitting their new gimbal to their existing Phantom 2 Vision, the Salespeople at the Booth said: "The new gimbal will NOT be retrofitable. You must buy the new Phantom 2 Vision +". So those of us who are still in line may have made a good decision unless you have an extra $1300 to spend.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj