Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Old Flyer, we might as well keep this on here because from what I've seen on this thread the horse is about dead from having the shlt beat out of it for the last 3 months over the same thing..... People wanting a 3rd axis when most of us don't even have a gimbal yet ....and on and on and on. What else would there be to talk about on here if not for virtual gimbals.

mr_3_0_5 said:
It would cost me 450 to get a vision plus or 409 to buy his gimbal
What would you do ?
I didn't like seeing the props
What's your flight times
I know it's been answered but I haven't kept up with every page

I'm not positive, but the way the wind is blowing, good luck getting even $500.00 for the P2V in good shape.

Xcopter said:
Anyone know of a better forum app than Tapatalk?!!

Tapatalk sometimes gives an error when replying to a post so you end up sending it again to discover there was no error and the message had gone through. So ends up being a repeat.

For me, normally a SQL error due to smilies in your posts. So don't post smilies using Tapatalk... ;)

Hello 3_0_5 sorry for the delay whilst I've been sunning myself in the Canaries! As Geert has said the only time I saw even a whisker of props was a brief moment in this video just before a transition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_-77HLKzVA

From the description you can see how string the ground level gusts were never mind at height and the Vision+Rotorpixel got hit with a massive gust - the camera didn't move but I got the merest hint of prop in shot after the aircraft took a big dive.

The first video I made showed two higher speed runs... One at the end when I charge at the dog and one near the middle where I fly down an avenue of trees over my other half. No props:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1vJNmyYcTE

I can also confirm 17 minutes flight time from 99% to 20% battery on a standard flight. Less with more high speed stuff in it, more if you are happy to take the battery lower.

Buenas noches![/quote]

That would be great video if not for all the side shifting and I will be happy with my gimbal if we can find a way to eliminate that.

Geert said:
ROTORPIXEL FANBOY said:
Hey Geert, don't you need to do some tweaking in the settings of the gimbal to get the lever to actually point the camera straight down? I have my lever installed but it only moves the camera (no gimbal yet) a few degrees as the lever itself only moves a slight amount. Advice?

Yes, that is correct.
I did it before installing the 7th channel.
Open your Assistant Software.
Go to the "Advanced" heading, in the "Gimbal" tab, enter "0" into the "Pitch: Gain" box, then press enter.
Then in the "Servo Travel Limit" section, enter "-450" into the "Pitch: Center" box, then press enter.

There is no Gimbal Tab in the danced section. Not on mine any way.

Geert.
There is no Gimbal Tab in the advanced section. Not on mine any way.

image.png

Geert said:
Yesterday after I did all the updates I lost the working of the 7th channel as many of you guys did too.
After these updates I reinstalled it through the software and it was working fine again.
The P2V was still connected by USB and TX was on during the test I did.
This morning I went out for a flight and noticed that the 7th channel wasn't working anymore :roll:

Back home I opened the software program again and I saw it was back to "Vision" mode.
I tried to put it back but every time that I power cycled the P2V , the working was gone too.
As long as you are connected to the PC and the remote control is powered on, it works.
Shut the TX and power cycle the P2V and the 7th channel isn't working anymore. :cry:
Thanks DJI !
So yesterday I confirmed that the 7th channel was working fine after the update and that there was no problem , I even made a short video to prove it.
I should have done more tests yesterday like shutting down everything and power up again, then I would have noticed that there was a problem.
I am really sorry for this incorrect information I gave about the 7th channel working.
I will try to figure out if there is a way to go around and will keep you informed if so.

Geert.

I'm experiencing the same identical situation and am at a loss of how to get the 7th channel working properly.

It was reported in the 7 th channel thread to make sure to hit enter after making selection. Have not tried it personally.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Hi Guys!
I Just wondering that in time you will be abel to buy spar part to the vision plus. Sow if you buy the vision plus wifi extender, will it fit to the original vision???

I really hope that you can bind the vision plus wifi extender to the "old" vision camera with RP gimbal for longer wifi distance.

Do you guys think that would be possible?

Regrds
Bjorn

SONY RX100 with Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Is anyone using a Sony RX100 with the Rotorpixel gimbal?

Geert said:
Yesterday after I did all the updates I lost the working of the 7th channel as many of you guys did too.
After these updates I reinstalled it through the software and it was working fine again.
The P2V was still connected by USB and TX was on during the test I did.
This morning I went out for a flight and noticed that the 7th channel wasn't working anymore :roll:

Back home I opened the software program again and I saw it was back to "Vision" mode.
I tried to put it back but every time that I power cycled the P2V , the working was gone too.
As long as you are connected to the PC and the remote control is powered on, it works.
Shut the TX and power cycle the P2V and the 7th channel isn't working anymore. :cry:
Thanks DJI !
So yesterday I confirmed that the 7th channel was working fine after the update and that there was no problem , I even made a short video to prove it.
I should have done more tests yesterday like shutting down everything and power up again, then I would have noticed that there was a problem.
I am really sorry for this incorrect information I gave about the 7th channel working.
I will try to figure out if there is a way to go around and will keep you informed if so.

Geert.

That's OK Geert. I haven't done the new 3.0 update, So what you're saying is that if I do the new 3.0 update, my 7th channel won't work any more? I have a Mac and had to go to my sister's house to use her computer to get my 7th channel to work. I really don't want to have to do that again if I can avoid it.

BigSky said:
That's OK Geert. I haven't done the new 3.0 update, So what you're saying is that if I do the new 3.0 update, my 7th channel won't work any more? I have a Mac and had to go to my sister's house to use her computer to get my 7th channel to work. I really don't want to have to do that again if I can avoid it.

Check out the 7th channel thread. There is info there.

I don't know if this is true, but I read a post that you have to enter Vision mode to activate the 7th channel. Then go to Naza mode before shutting off the Vision. But I cant verify it as a solution.

Hope it helps.

The Rookie

The 7th Channel is a pain in the ***, the even with the best setting for travel the lever moves halfway before the camera actually tilts. Its a pain when trying to set up footage with both objects on the move, so I reverted back to the app.
Also while fine tuning my gimbal using my friends laptop and reverting back to the app I mistakenly hooked it to his DJI assistant who already had V3.0 before i knew it my P2V had already started the update.. FLM now I have it. Not something i wanted to have so now I am screwed with the **** restrictions.
I flew with the lever hack for a month and missed great shots because of this lag.

Edit. V3.0 does not have an X1 calibration on the Basic tab. so no more calibration you have to manually set the limits of travel.

Re: SONY RX100 with Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

tubino said:
Is anyone using a Sony RX100 with the Rotorpixel gimbal?
I plan on it... if and when I receive my RP and when there is an adapter. Also waiting for 3rd axis update.

Hello Keri,
Please check your email to include you spam or junk inbox. I have tried to contact you multiple times over a 4 week period. Please respond here or pm. I would like to request a refund, thank you.
Greg.

greg8002 said:
Hello Keri,
Please check your email to include you spam or junk inbox. I have tried to contact you multiple times over a 4 week period. Please respond here or pm. I would like to request a refund, thank you.
Greg.

Have you tried the Rotorpixel website Faq/Contact option?
I've heard sometimes people can actually make contact thru there.
Only a rumor though. Ive tried both a month or so ago with a question.... he never responded.

Anyone know what the last number shipped was ?

rfernandez said:
The 7th Channel is a pain in the ***, the even with the best setting for travel the lever moves halfway before the camera actually tilts. Its a pain when trying to set up footage with both objects on the move, so I reverted back to the app.
Also while fine tuning my gimbal using my friends laptop and reverting back to the app I mistakenly hooked it to his DJI assistant who already had V3.0 before i knew it my P2V had already started the update.. FLM now I have it. Not something i wanted to have so now I am screwed with the **** restrictions.
I flew with the lever hack for a month and missed great shots because of this lag.

Edit. V3.0 does not have an X1 calibration on the Basic tab. so no more calibration you have to manually set the limits of travel.

The lag annoyed me too. I figured the travel of the little knob inside the RC is quite short and there is probably some play between the shaft and knob giving rise to the lag. I put a small drop of hot glue between the shaft and knob right before i closed the RC. Theres no lag anymore.
NB! In order to reopen my RC in the future i oiled up the shaft end before hot glueing it.

Does anyone know what the latest shipping number since Monday, with the word another 50-80 units to be shipped by weeks end?

I saw #404 mentioned a few pages back...not sure if that was the last number though. Keri had a pile set to go out Friday but only 20 or so actually shipped, he finished Monday with the remainder of that pile. And says production is ramping up now. So we hope to see more shipping notifications this Friday.

No numbers yet.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl