Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

It would cost me 450 to get a vision plus or 409 to buy his gimbal
What would you do ?
I didn't like seeing the props
What's your flight times
I know it's been answered but I haven't kept up with every page

Got to say...I'm with Geert on this one. Especially since the RP can be taken to a new platform, should I want to upgrade in the future. As good as the Plus may be...Your stuck with that system. And this is a quickly evolving tech.

2 cents
The Rookie

Geert said:
Hi guys,

To make it clear to all, I updated the assistant software, updated main controller 3.0 and updated P330CB version 1.0.1.25
I can confirm everything is working, the Rotorpixel gimbal, including the 7th channel. Also did test flight, all fine.

At your service,

Geert.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLHEhK6ptYw[/youtube]
[/quote]

Thank you for the video!

Geert have you figured out a way for us RP users to do FPV mode (roll) like the plus will be able to do. Might be something you have to do in SBGC software?

Geert said:
Hi guys,

To make it clear to all, I updated the assistant software, updated main controller 3.0 and updated P330CB version 1.0.1.25
I can confirm everything is working, the Rotorpixel gimbal, including the 7th channel. Also did test flight, all fine.

At your service,

Geert.

[/quote]

To use the 7th channel, are any modifications necessary on the Vision aircraft or do you just add the lever to the remote controller?

Geert said:
Guys,

For the 7th channel:
After you updated the firmware, you have to use the hack tool again.
I did it this way :

Open the program (phantom2-tool.exe) and put it back to "vision"
Power cycle your Phantom
Now put it back to H3-2D
Power cycle your Phantom

It is possible that you have to do this procedure 2 times.
Your 7th channel will be working as before.

Geert.

I didn't need to do any modification after updating the software to v. 2.0, the pitch lever keeps working fine!

mr_3_0_5 said:
Gert sell me on this cause Keri isn't answering me at all
The plus is just a gimbal upgrade to me cause the range I got already
Can you post a vid of fast flying
And a vid of trying to stay on one object yawing
The plus video showed the props pretty bad but i think it was in attitude mode
I may cancel order for the plus

Hello 3_0_5 sorry for the delay whilst I've been sunning myself in the Canaries! As Geert has said the only time I saw even a whisker of props was a brief moment in this video just before a transition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_-77HLKzVA

From the description you can see how string the ground level gusts were never mind at height and the Vision+Rotorpixel got hit with a massive gust - the camera didn't move but I got the merest hint of prop in shot after the aircraft took a big dive.

The first video I made showed two higher speed runs... One at the end when I charge at the dog and one near the middle where I fly down an avenue of trees over my other half. No props:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1vJNmyYcTE

I can also confirm 17 minutes flight time from 99% to 20% battery on a standard flight. Less with more high speed stuff in it, more if you are happy to take the battery lower.

Buenas noches!

gfredrone said:
Geert have you figured out a way for us RP users to do FPV mode (roll) like the plus will be able to do. Might be something you have to do in SBGC software?
new update for iPhone app shows FPV mode only available on P2V+

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    298.7 KB · Views: 637
Anyone in the states get there gimbal?
How much import fees did you have to pay?
With the filter kit on does it work fine with stock landing gear ?

AllanVB said:
gfredrone said:
new update for iPhone app shows FPV mode only available on P2V+

In order to control roll on the RP gimbal there would need to be a roll output from the P2V. As far as I know on the P2V there is only the servo output for the standard pitch axis. Possibly once someone gets their hands on an actual P2V+ and does some exploratory surgury to see how it's gimbal is connected to the P2 guts it may be possible to extract a roll control signal for use with the RP gimbal.

mr_3_0_5 said:

I seem to recall a couple people reported getting billed something under $20 in duty and fees by FedEx.

Geert said:
tedw123 said:
Geert said:
Hi guys,

At your service,

Geert.

To use the 7th channel, are any modifications necessary on the Vision aircraft or do you just add the lever to the remote controller?

No modifications.
Just add the lever to the remote controller.
Download this file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/icz90nramn56m ... 2-tool.rar
Unzip, run application, select H2-3D.

:)

Geert.

Hey Geert, don't you need to do some tweaking in the settings of the gimbal to get the lever to actually point the camera straight down? I have my lever installed but it only moves the camera (no gimbal yet) a few degrees as the lever itself only moves a slight amount. Advice?

mr_3_0_5 said:

No import fees with mine. I had mine shipped postal. Only took about 4 or 5 days to get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I am in the states also. Fedex $22.17 fee from them.
Good results with my rotor pixel using the 7th channel lever.
Only flaw is a slight jerk when rotating, but the glare off my iPad has something to do with that, I can't see how far i am turning. I am going to use my zeiss optimizer goggles to get a clearer fpv and hopefully make smoother turns.

Old Gazer said:
mr_3_0_5 said:

No import fees with mine. I had mine shipped postal. Only took about 4 or 5 days to get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Live in the states and got NO Import Fees.

I just received my P2 with H3-3d today. Unfortunately I'm at work. I did order the new P2v+ today also. I am not canceling my order for the Rotorpixel either. I can't wait to get it, of course I'm 683 so it will still be a while. :(

Looking forward to testing all of them out. I'll most likely put my P2 with H3-2d for sale though, having four phantoms is a tad much. So sayeth the wife.. Lol

Well I bit the bullet and got my gimbal ordered tonight 4/8/14
Now for the count down!!!
Is shipping going faster now that the have had the production line going for a bit.
Is production what takes the most time or the amount of orders that have to be made?
I think I read back on one of the threads ....once they got rolling good...process might be shortened a bit?

Anyone know of a better forum app than Tapatalk?!!

Tapatalk sometimes gives an error when replying to a post so you end up sending it again to discover there was no error and the message had gone through. So ends up being a repeat.

ROTORPIXEL FANBOY said:
Hey Geert, don't you need to do some tweaking in the settings of the gimbal to get the lever to actually point the camera straight down? I have my lever installed but it only moves the camera (no gimbal yet) a few degrees as the lever itself only moves a slight amount. Advice?

I thought I'd answer your question. Once the lever is installed, connect your phantom to the Assistant software and calibrate the channel. Once it is calibrated the camera will move the full extent from facing forward to straight down. Hope that helps.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor