Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

wp6529 said:
Yes you will loose the DJI app and the telemetry, but since the GoPros have WiFi themselves you still have the potential to use the GoPro app when using the GoPro cam on the P2V. In theory you might be able to utilize the DJI WiFi range extender as well if you can bond it with the GoPro WiFi.

DJI dealers have told me you cannot use GoPro app as it interferes with Phantom wifi?

wp6529 said:
MikeySoft said:
tedw123 said:
In reference to the Rotorpixel used on the Vision, if I decide to replace my Vision camera with a Gopro, will I loose the ability to use Vision app? If so would I then have to buy a separate monitor and video down-link?
Yes because the wifi is in the P2V camera.

Yes you will loose the DJI app and the telemetry, but since the GoPros have WiFi themselves you still have the potential to use the GoPro app when using the GoPro cam on the P2V. In theory you might be able to utilize the DJI WiFi range extender as well if you can bond it with the GoPro WiFi.

I didn't know the GoPro was 2.4 ghz wifi the same as the FC200.
So that means its just a matter of binding the gopro to the range extender and the appropriate phone app for the Vision ?
Is that correct ?

What was the last shipping number to go out from Rotorpixel. Does anyone know ?

I think I saw #404 yesterday morning.

Thanks,

The Rookie

I did use that email guess he is just ignoring me
I thought he might have over looked the first one but now I'm four emails in with no reply pretty shitty

Helo all,

I am new to this board and I regret that this is how I am introduce myself. Seems like some of you have been able to contact Keri. I have emailed him 3 times before just to get an update on how things are going with manufacturing and shipping but i have not received any response. Finally, I requested for a refund last week and still nothing. I emailed him again earlier, hopefully I get something.

This is the email address I used,[email protected]. If anyone have another way to contact rotorpixel or keri, please advise.

Greg

RCRookie said:
So that means its just a matter of binding the gopro to the range extender and the appropriate phone app for the Vision ?
Is that correct ?
Can the goPro change settings, shoot photos, and turn on/off video using wifi?
And what about displaying the number of GPS sat? I'm sure that will not work.

MikeySoft said:
RCRookie said:
Is that correct ?
Can the goPro change setting, shoot photos, and turn on/off video using wifi?

I don't think so...All the above is theory. If an app could be written, etc...You have to turn on record or setup the camera shots before lift off. You can still record quality video.

MikeySoft said:
RCRookie said:
Is that correct ?
I also think the alt and distance and compass/heading display will not work.
The number of GPS sat will also not work.

RCRookie said:
MikeySoft said:
RCRookie said:
Is that correct ?

I don't think so...All the above is theory. If an app could be written, etc...You have to turn on record or setup the camera shots before lift off. You can still record quality video.

This is not theory at all other than the range extender, the GoPro cameras have WiFi capability, and their own GoPro app to control them.

The only question is whether you can re-bind the P2V's WiFi extender to a different device i.e. the GoPro. This part is certainly undocumented, but I believe others have hacked into the extender a bit so it may well be possible. Certainly if you are operating at shorter ranges you can directly connect to the GoPro cameras WiFi, and there are other WiFi range extenders available.

MikeySoft said:
MikeySoft said:
RCRookie said:
Is that correct ?
I also think the alt and distance and compass/heading display will not work.
The number of GPS sat will also not work.

Absolutely none of the telemetry from the P2 will be available without the use of the FC200 camera. Control of the GoPro camera from the GoPro WiFi app will be available if you are within WiFi range or can bind a range extender (the DJI or another brand) to the GoPro camera.

RCRookie said:
MikeySoft said:
RCRookie said:
Is that correct ?

You can't use the DJI app to control the wifi enabled Gopro black edition 3 and 3+, and you won't get info from the phantom (batt, attitude etc) and you can't use the dji range extender with the GoPro. There is a GoPro app, where you can turn on and off the GoPro, adjust settings etc, and see what the GoPro sees, with a 5 sec. delay (3) or 1.5 sec delay (3+). You can hack a standard range extender to work with the GoPro by setting the IP range to 10.5.5.0 and manually setting your phones IP on that connection to a IP in that range (10.5.5.x) the GoPro has as I recall 10.5.5.9. This would work with the RotorPixel gimbal once the mount for GoPro is released.

Unread postby Geert » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:58 am

I think to best way to contact him is through the website.

http://www.rotorpixel.com/contact/

He always answered my emails. I spoke to him yesterday and I know that he is at the moment VERY busy.

Geert

Thanks, Geert. I just emailed rotorpixel again through that link but i believe its the same address i have been using.

greg8002 said:
Unread postby Geert » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:58 am

I think to best way to contact him is through the website.

http://www.rotorpixel.com/contact/

He always answered my emails. I spoke to him yesterday and I know that he is at the moment VERY busy.

Geert

Thanks, Geert. I just emailed rotorpixel again through that link but i believe its the same address i have been using.

It was also reported yesterday that they had a brief email outage.

mr_3_0_5 said:
I've tried four times over the last two months I give up

Presumably he'll read or your issues here and PM. Others have got through ok, so perhaps you've been caught in a spamtrap or something.

I think I'll be happy with my Rotorpixel gimbal but am still a bit jealous of the range extender almost double. How do I increase my range with my Rotorpixel Vision?

Pull up can you see props in the video at any point ?
Have you done a fast flight to see how it does?
Any fast flight vids?

Gert sell me on this cause Keri isn't answering me at all
The plus is just a gimbal upgrade to me cause the range I got already
Can you post a vid of fast flying
And a vid of trying to stay on one object yawing
The plus video showed the props pretty bad but i think it was in attitude mode
I may cancel order for the plus

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads