Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Interesting,
So I Have to ask these questions:

Why did they change the camera?
Did they just repackage it because its cheaper to make a square one?
Are there any effects on the WIFI signal.
Did they put an external antenna jack to allow different antennas to be used? (Joking)
Is the square one easier to work on and manufacture?
If the camera is that much better will RP make an adaptor for it?
Why doesn't someone repackage a really great camera that will fit in the current bracket?
Did DJI make their gimbal as robust as the RP gimbal?
Are all the articles about the lawsuit designed to piss me off and make it look like DJI is not trustworthy because they are screwing that guy colin, their partner, will they screw their customers as easy?
The incredible support that RP seams to give, will it be the same with DJI.
Will the DJI new release be bug free, and if not will I be able to get an answer on how to fix it?
Is it as really flimsy as it looks in the Video.
Can you use other cameras on it. Is it flexible?

Im sure all these questions will be answered by christmas when they release it.
:lol:

Thanks for the Intel Keri, keep up the good work.

rich-s said:
Keri,
How many RP gimbals being shipped per week now?

You're wasting your time, Keri has never answered to that question.

Or someone will answer you: "A pile..." :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

pyrophantom said:
Seems strange to me that people are bailing out without having first seen the potential problems that this system might produce, and of course the legendary DJI customer service to also contend with, but each to their own and it pushes the rest of us up the queue.

;)

yeah, I would not be so hasty neither. Many new customers for the H3-3D(for Phantom 2s) are having problems with jello, waiting for a patch from DJI. (electrical board)

Yup risky strategy, but hey every deserter is a shipping notification nearer :D

I decided I'm not canceling my order. Keri has been showing he will support the platform in the future and the fact it will be transferrable to other machines has me sold. I may still buy the P2V+ if I like it.

#410 still waiting here. Not jumping on any P2V+ bandwagon, the P2V was my entry point to aerial phot/video, my next step will be home built (I have a big shop). The portability to the next craft while returning the P2V to stock is a key feature.

wp6529 said:
#410 still waiting here. Not jumping on any P2V+ bandwagon, the P2V was my entry point to aerial phot/video, my next step will be home built (I have a big shop). The portability to the next craft while returning the P2V to stock is a key feature.

Im with ya. Also my entry. And I too like the idea of being able to move it to another rig. Just versatile and seems like it will be good quality. Time will tell.

JJ

F6Rider said:
skid1000 said:
This video has been pulled, maybe DJI didn't like it.

Looks like all videos as well pictures have been pulled from the web. I can only find a couple of them on some of the forums....
Let us wait another 48 hours and see what will surface in Las Vegas..... :)

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Rotorpixel said:

-Just about any small camera (under around 400-500g) will be compatible with our system, once we release out universal camera mounting plate. Any camera which has a standard 1/4-20 tripod mounting hole should be compatible, using the same frame/motors, but with different tuning settings. We've already had several customers use our previous gimbal to stabilize the popular Sony RX100.

Keri

Are you likely to find a way to provide fpv/telemetry and remote control over the RX100 ? If so, what are the likely flight times with a heavier camera and your gimbal ? I ask because even using the FC200 we are seeing greatly reduced times and given that the RX100 would be even heavier maybe we could be looking at sub 10 minutes. If you could do the above and keep flight times in excess of 10 minutes, count me in !

(i cannot see that the new camera on the V+ would be anything like as good as the RX100 - probably gopro quality at best)

pault said:
Are you likely to find a way to provide fpv/telemetry and remote control over the RX100 ? If so, what are the likely flight times with a heavier camera and your gimbal ? I ask because even using the FC200 we are seeing greatly reduced times and given that the RX100 would be even heavier maybe we could be looking at sub 10 minutes. If you could do the above and keep flight times in excess of 10 minutes, count me in !

(i cannot see that the new camera on the V+ would be anything like as good as the RX100 - probably gopro quality at best)

Technically the current P2V camera is "gopro quality" if you're comparing it to anything up to a GoPro 3 Silver edition which is basically same quality as a Gopro 2. GoPro 3 Black+ is another story though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl