Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

DKDarkness said:
1080p and the ability to shoot RAW is the current configuration of the FC200. Looks as if they gave the FC200 a new housing to be able to fit it under the P2V"+" together with the 3rd axis motor. Wonder where they have put the 2 directional antannae, or if dJI has switched to one omni directional antenna? Only time (and NAB 2014) will tell :)

For some reason it was in my head at 1080i. Don't mind me, I've been out of sorts lately.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Don't look any longer, just stock P2V legs on the video !

380 shipped Friday. I'm 381. To cancel or not to cancel begs the question.

Anyone in the market for a carefully used P2V? :|

gfredrone said:

ah... lets see... if you cancel RP = $400... sell used P2V =$800 Add $100 = Maybe P2V+
$100 upgrade.... but is it worth it...? Only you can decide. I am keeping my RP just so I can upgrade to 3rd axis and upgrade Quad. Also... looking for an adapter for the RX100 :) Good Luck

AllanVB said:
gfredrone said:

ah... lets see... if you cancel RP = $400... sell used P2V =$800 Add $100 = Maybe P2V+
$100 upgrade.... but is it worth it...? Only you can decide. I am keeping my RP just so I can upgrade to 3rd axis and upgrade Quad. Also... looking for an adapter for the RX100 :) Good Luck

Cancelled 539 you guys can move up. Good luck!

AllanVB said:
gfredrone said:

When you put it that way and add the 25 min flight time over the 16 min RP...

Would I pay $100 for a 3. Axis? Yes.

Scottrod said:
https://screen.yahoo.com/dji-phanton-2-vision-010345953-cbs.html

I'm honestly tempted to cancel my RP order because of the P2V+ but truthfully the RP gimbal will give the ability to carry other cameras which interests me. Not sure the stats on the P2V+ camera.

Frankly I like the RP built quality and the fact that I can put it on another Multi-rotor in the future as well...

To me it looks like the camera/gimbal sits to far back on the PV2+, you think DJI would have thought that out a bit to avoid seeing props and skids.

Not really impressed by the pv2+. I'm sticking with what I have for now, which is pv2 n RP gimbal. Hopefully Keri can get all the bugs sorted out and start shipping more so he can work on the 3rd axis.

After some careful deliberation and internal infighting I've decided NOT TO cancel my #381 RP order. Seeing the skids and props numerous times in the P2V+ video is keeping me on the RP bandwagon, plus the ability to move the RP gimbal to a future platform.

Where's that 3rd axis Keri?

gfredrone said:
After some careful deliberation and internal infighting I've decided NOT TO cancel my #381 RP order. Seeing the skids and props numerous times in the P2V+ video is keeping me on the RP bandwagon, plus the ability to move the RP gimbal to a future platform.

Where's that 3rd axis Keri?

Bummer, I was hoping to move up, because I'm sticking with our brothers from Canada as well!

pyrophantom said:
Don't look any longer, just stock P2V legs on the video !
I'm not sure but if true, one less thing to worry about to upgrade from p2v to the plus. It will be interesting to find out if dji will offer an upgrade and at what price and what the spec and quality are.

Seems strange to me that people are bailing out without having first seen the potential problems that this system might produce, and of course the legendary DJI customer service to also contend with, but each to their own and it pushes the rest of us up the queue.

;)

Do you really believe 25 min flight time ? They said that with the vision 1, yeah 25 min if it sits there and hovers. It's the same battery !

Must be a very light camera and gimbal setup then ?

Since there has been some discussion about the "other" gimbal that is going to be released in the future, here are a few things to remember about our Rotorpixel gimbals that make it more of an investment, than an all-in-one gimbal with proprietary camera:

-The frame intentionally holds the camera as far forward and low as possible, without throwing off the CG too much. This allows legs and props to be kept out of the frame much more than competitors.

-Our gimbal control board is universal, meaning that it can be used in other gimbal frames moving forward, so you immediately save yourself around $150 on the next gimbal that you purchase (from us, or whoever else sells gimbal frames).

-Our gimbals can be used on almost any multirotor frame, so if DJI ever gets some real competition in the industry, our gimbal will more than likely be able to be slapped onto other frames.

-Just about any small camera (under around 400-500g) will be compatible with our system, once we release out universal camera mounting plate. Any camera which has a standard 1/4-20 tripod mounting hole should be compatible, using the same frame/motors, but with different tuning settings. We've already had several customers use our previous gimbal to stabilize the popular Sony RX100.

-The Go Pro Hero 3 works perfectly with our gimbal as well, and can be swapped out with the Vision camera by loosening and tightening a single screw. If you want superior video quality (albeit without FPV on the Vision system), this is always an option. This has already been designed and tested, so we'll be releasing this soon.

-If you feel ambitious, and want to add some features to the gimbal that are made available through firmware upgrades, you have full access to all gimbal control board settings, so you can tinker away and make it perform exactly how you want.

These are just a few points may not be obvious to readers!

Keri

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing