Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Rotorpixel said:
For those of you waiting for some announcement from the ghost of Colin Guinn, just remember that the current FC200 camera alone right now is $500.

Also, we have plenty more gimbals to ship out, which will have to wait until Monday - disappointingly, we only made it to #XXXXXX2380 today (the last 4 numbers are now relevant, not just the last 3), but there will far more going out on Monday. Every unit has been re-programmed, had an advanced IMU calibration done, and been physically tested throughout the entire tilt range for vibration problems. Now, it's just a matter of packaging them safely, preparing shipping documents, and handing them to Mr. Fedex and Mrs. Canada Post.

Well Done!
I hope you took note of the many who are [apparently] committed to quality and the future of this technology.
While many of us may not be conversant in the particulars of the electron paths, we are, at very least, adept at understanding the importance of quality over quantity.

bobomet said:
Rotorpixel said:
For those of you waiting for some announcement from the ghost of Colin Guinn, just remember that the current FC200 camera alone right now is $500.

Also, we have plenty more gimbals to ship out, which will have to wait until Monday - disappointingly, we only made it to #XXXXXX2380 today (the last 4 numbers are now relevant, not just the last 3), but there will far more going out on Monday. Every unit has been re-programmed, had an advanced IMU calibration done, and been physically tested throughout the entire tilt range for vibration problems. Now, it's just a matter of packaging them safely, preparing shipping documents, and handing them to Mr. Fedex and Mrs. Canada Post.

Well Done!
I hope you took note of the many who are [apparently] committed to quality and the future of this technology.
While many of us may not be conversant in the particulars of the electron paths, we are, at very least, adept at understanding the importance of quality over quantity.

Ahhhh What?? No 100 gimbals ramp up again this week????

Attachments

• kvx.gif
    kvx.gif
    501.7 KB · Views: 485
OK .... here's good news for the RP Queue, and for me - since I will no longer subject myself to the absurdity of those who apparently find some kind of pleasure in dragging others into their moshing pit of lunacy.
Everyone just moved up one "notch".
I just cancelled Order #833.
I did NOT do so because I have doubts in any way about the quality or capability of the RP Gimbal.
Instead, I did so because I've gotten some indication that the DJI release this weekend will include a 3-axis Gimbal and a much improved Camera on its P2V+.
I need the better camera every bit as much as I do the added stability.
Best wishes to Rotorpixel, and to everyone who is committed to quality.

So the floggings shall continue until "his business practices, Promises and communication" improve?

Yeah, this is perhaps just comparing apples & oranges but I can't help but notice the relatively ununified silence on this board when I compare this degenerated theme of complaints & whining with DJI's "business practices, Promises and communication" but unlike DJI I also clearly see RP's CEO keeps an open ear and graces our meager forum to listen to you/vous/vstedes/minasama himself, and even takes the time to address & respond to each of your concerns, gripes, & complaints. And as much as I respect & admire Mary T. Barra and the daunting task dropped on her lap, I've never heard Keri say, "I don't know why it took us so long..." or "...and you are???"

iDrone :eek:

bobomet said:
OK .... here's good news for the RP Queue, and for me - since I will no longer subject myself to the absurdity of those who apparently find some kind of pleasure in dragging others into their moshing pit of lunacy.
Everyone just moved up one "notch".
I just cancelled Order #833.
I did NOT do so because I have doubts in any way about the quality or capability of the RP Gimbal.
Instead, I did so because I've gotten some indication that the DJI release this weekend will include a 3-axis Gimbal and a much improved Camera on its P2V+.
I need the better camera every bit as much as I do the added stability.
Best wishes to Rotorpixel, and to everyone who is committed to quality.

No, help here with 533, but good luck, hope it works out in your favor.

iResq said:
bobomet said:

1080p, that's cool assuming quality. Many shots showed props/motors. Will be interesting to see who comes up with first conversion.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
1080p and the ability to shoot RAW is the current configuration of the FC200. Looks as if they gave the FC200 a new housing to be able to fit it under the P2V"+" together with the 3rd axis motor. Wonder where they have put the 2 directional antannae, or if dJI has switched to one omni directional antenna? Only time (and NAB 2014) will tell :)

iResq said:
pault said:
I can totally understand why RP do not want to ramp up production which would mean an increase in overheads. This is a fast moving business and at the moment their gimbal is the flavour of the month. All that could change in an instant if DJI announces an integrated Vision gimbal which would cause sales to dry up immediately.

I dont think would cease. Unless everyone was going to buy a new vision.

Yes, that was a bit of an exaggeration - there will be some who have become attached to their particular P2V and who want a gimbal but there will be a vast reduction in sales and an increase in cancellations. For sure RP will keep innovating new addons but with a P2V+ available with a 3 axis gimbal their 2 axis model does not look so attractive now. Such is the fast moving world we live in.

So why did DJI go back to the standard box housing for the camera on the P2V+?
Is the camera detachable... Like the gopro setup?

I'll stick with RP for now.... IF... and only if, the P2V+ camera performs a lot better than the current Vision camera.. I may buy down the road. By the time i'm ready the PV4+ will be out... Arghhhh.

Also.. I wonder if they have reversed direction from the 5.8 ghz control system they brought out with the Vision. A return to 2.4 perhaps?

EDIT: It still has the Range Extender so i assume the frequencies are the same as the Vision

DKDarkness said:
1080p and the ability to shoot RAW is the current configuration of the FC200. Looks as if they gave the FC200 a new housing to be able to fit it under the P2V"+" together with the 3rd axis motor. Wonder where they have put the 2 directional antannae, or if dJI has switched to one omni directional antenna? Only time (and NAB 2014) will tell :)

For some reason it was in my head at 1080i.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT