Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Bunyarra said:
grochester said:
I have no doubt that Kerri is well intentioned and a talented engineer. He really needs an MBA to run the company though. At some point you have to lock the engineers out of the room and start shipping product. Otherwise the tinkering and quest for perfection goes on for ever. There will always be just one more update, one more mod. That being said, perhaps Rotorpixel's engineering should have been a bit further along before taking pre-orders with full payment in advance.

Hmm .. I have run a business .. successfully for 15 years with no MBA .. perhaps I should stop now?

There would be far worse consequences for any company if the first few hundred ship with defects, fragile parts or don't work as expected. The audience here is not a very forgiving one and Kerri was going to be lambasted no matter what course he took. Get the product good enough to ship is a prime requirement. If he judged it was not good enough then he is in the best position to do that.

No one is dying if they don't get the gimbal - a sense of perspective by all is really required.

Yup X2

Bunyarra said:
grochester said:
I have no doubt that Kerri is well intentioned and a talented engineer. He really needs an MBA to run the company though. At some point you have to lock the engineers out of the room and start shipping product. Otherwise the tinkering and quest for perfection goes on for ever. There will always be just one more update, one more mod. That being said, perhaps Rotorpixel's engineering should have been a bit further along before taking pre-orders with full payment in advance.

Hmm .. I have run a business .. successfully for 15 years with no MBA .. perhaps I should stop now?

There would be far worse consequences for any company if the first few hundred ship with defects, fragile parts or don't work as expected. The audience here is not a very forgiving one and Kerri was going to be lambasted no matter what course he took. Get the product good enough to ship is a prime requirement. If he judged it was not good enough then he is in the best position to do that.

No one is dying if they don't get the gimbal - a sense of perspective by all is really required.

Well done m8 for the most sensible comment for the last few pages, some of them need to get a life and get out more !...its been pathetic really.

The Real Adam said:
That's pure idiocy. But it is amusing while I watch you folks flail around and ineptly try to defend missed timelines, inferior products and at best case, really poor quality video (the FC200 cam is really poor quality after all. This is not an opinion, it is a fact given the craptastic video generated by this flying security cam).

Why are you even here then? If the base product is so bad, I assume you don't own one or can't afford to own one? Always puzzled by trolls .. odd things.

Our flight's delayed, so imagine my pleasure to see another "Fagerlin-bomb" had gone off overnight. Welcome back, Pete. You should drop me a PM and we could have a chat before you're banned again. Not going to be another mountain bike forum situation again, is it? I thought after your Spanktimonious creation you'd tired of the troll-ban-troll cycle but I guess you just like to watch the flames before someone calls the firefighters. Serious about the PM, though. I have an interest in certain aspects of education and would like to find out about your experiences back then given your circumstances. Still, you got a good few pages out of your latest box of matches so I suspect the hypnotic dance of the flames is reflected in your shining eyes as you stand open-mouthed, staring, oblivious to everything around you until the sirens get close...

Right, I see little Petey's back. But as "Real Adam" ? Hmmm, why not. Twenty posts, all in under four hours. Very productive, like flem & pus. Right then, let the culling begin.

(Ahh cross-posted, Pull_Up you picked up on the "disturbance in the force" as well I see)

iDrone :?

iDrone said:
Right, I see little Petey's back. But as "Real Adam" ? Hmmm, why not. Twenty posts, all in under four hours. Very productive, like flem & pus. Right then, let the culling begin.

(Ahh cross-posted, Pull_Up you picked up on the "disturbance in the force" as well I see)

iDrone :?

Ahhh now that's better, sanity has returned :D

Now, about that gimbal thingy.........................

Just noticed I ordered mine on February 17. Does anyone know when what number they are currently sending?

I assume you are reading the last three digest of the order number as you number in the cue?

Is anyone compiling all the issues with the gimbal? (Time is of the essence) Often on motorcycle blogs there is a comprehensive list of issues with the bikes.

This is a great sight and I think everyone for donating. I try to donate when I can.

Last I heard we were up to something like #367 or so, shipped. Keri has a "pile" (anyone know how many constitute a "pile"? ) of gimbals but did not give a shipping date or an amount to be shipped. But we are assured they will be coming soon.
Dont know anything about the side story of this "Pete" fellow, before my time i suppose, its way off topic, as some are reminded with their own off topic posts.

If I need to d/l tuning software for the gimbal, so be it... I can learn it, just like i had to learn the Vision.

Ready for my gimbal, hope to see one soon... #463

The Rookie

Well there was a lot of gimbals in the last photo we saw so guess there will be a fair wedge of shipments soon once they have all been re-checked for the last issues, so you wont have long to wait m8. Feel sorry for us in 658 land lol

:lol:

pyrophantom said:
Well there was a lot of gimbals in the last photo we saw so guess there will be a fair wedge of shipments soon once they have all been re-checked for the last issues, so you wont have long to wait m8. Feel sorry for us in 658 land lol

:lol:

Yeah, the picture actually only shows about 30 gimbals... Dont know if there is more that are not being shown. Hopefully thats one table full.. With more tables not being shown. Maybe we will see some shipping notifications today.... Maybe.

And yes, anyone who ordered well after the "live preorder" date of Feb 10....has my sympathy.

Think it was only 15 gimbals against a mirror in the background lol

Somehow think there will be a few more shipping soon :D

smatty2023 said:
Mass production at last!!!!!
file.php

gpauk said:
Last pic I saw under a PV heading were actually GoPro gimbals....

Here is the pic in question... I assume this is a recent pic FOR the Vision. If anyone knows differently... We all should be apprised of this tidbit of information.

The Rookie

RCRookie said:
smatty2023 said:
Mass production at last!!!!!

gpauk said:
Last pic I saw under a PV heading were actually GoPro gimbals....

Here is the pic in question... I assume this is a recent pic FOR the Vision. If anyone knows differently... We all should be apprised of this tidbit of information.

The Rookie

Ah -- that's a good pic! A goodly pile there..
Shame they don't have wee lables with "389" type numbers on them!!

I can say they're worth waiting for though -- gimbal works very well...

Pull_Up said:
Our flight's delayed, so imagine my pleasure to see another "Fagerlin-bomb" had gone off overnight. Welcome back, Pete. You should drop me a PM and we could have a chat before you're banned again. Not going to be another mountain bike forum situation again, is it? I thought after your Spanktimonious creation you'd tired of the troll-ban-troll cycle but I guess you just like to watch the flames before someone calls the firefighters. Serious about the PM, though. I have an interest in certain aspects of education and would like to find out about your experiences back then given your circumstances. Still, you got a good few pages out of your latest box of matches so I suspect the hypnotic dance of the flames is reflected in your shining eyes as you stand open-mouthed, staring, oblivious to everything around you until the sirens get close...

Oh .... wish I'd been aware that we had those here too!
I knew something was haywire inside the gray-matter, but couldn't quite put my finger on it.
And multiple characters now ....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164