Rotopixel Gimbal working with software version 3.12?

Reaction score
Just wondering I have the phantom vision and am looking at getting the rotopixel giumbal for it, am I going to have nothing but grief with it if I get it or is it working good with the newest software version?

I had mine on with the new software and worked great till I had crash and am in limbo at the moment but no grief what so ever ! :)

I had mine on with the new software and worked great till I had crash and am in limbo at the moment but no grief what so ever ! :)
Thanks that gives me some reassurance then just been reading up on here about the problems people have had with them and was a bit worried about ordering one

I have seen where some folks where having some issues with calibrating the compass but I had put the shielded compass on mine and had no issues till I crashed it . Nothing to do with gimbal though !! I don't think you can get one as good as the RPG !! JMHO ;)

Reactions: Cyclone
As above. The Vision with rpg might just be as good and stronger in a crash, than the Plus.

Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks that gives me some reassurance then just been reading up on here about the problems people have had with them and was a bit worried about ordering one
Here...made ya an avatar Squiddley ! Already sized right ;)

Last edited:
Yorkton Sask Canada, not alot here but flat land lol it says should have it in 2 days, cant wait....
where you from?
Well ya won't have to wait long !
Thumbs up.jpg

I have seen where some folks where having some issues with calibrating the compass but I had put the shielded compass on mine and had no issues till I crashed it ;)

Before I put my China gimbal on, I have always been able to calibrate the compass the first time, every time. Immediately after the install a few days ago, it sometimes took me three or four tries. I think I figured out what the problem is, thou. I made a home made gimbal stabilizer/guard and when I leave it in place during calibration, i get it done the first time again. Maybe just coincidence, maybe the flopping of the gimbal so close to the compass makes it go haywire... I'll have to do more experimenting this weekend.

The only thing i am not sure about is if it is damaging during the few seconds that the gimbal is "arrested" and wants to move.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic