Roof inspection pricing

Reaction score
I was approached recently by a housing inspector to perform roof inspections for him. He has asked me to come up with a price for these services, and I have no idea. I am a part 107 pilot, flying a P4P. I am fully insured, FAA registered, and am commercially licensed for revenue in my State. Can anyone give me some ideas on how much I should charge?....thanks in advance!

Reactions: trevornewkirk
In Fort Worth, Texas professional services start around $150 an hour and go up from there. As a Registered Professional Land Surveyor, I charge between $175 to $250 an hour, dependent on project and my field crews $140 an hour. A professional 107 pilot should charge at least $140 an hour, including windshield time. Don't forget about the time to set up jobs, post processing and insurance. Even if the job is close I would charge at least $300 for a single job.

Reactions: trevornewkirk
How much does it cost you to fly for an hour?

How much do you need to make (in addition to the COB above) per hour?

How are other Aerial Photography projects priced in YOUR market?

How much do you have to travel to/from the project?

How much "processing" time will be required after the fact to complete the deliverables to your client?

You and only you can price YOUR time, efforts, work, and profit. What some of us make in one market/area is DOUBLE (or HALF) what other markets get for the same product. Also some clients can't/won't pay you what you're really worth and those clients need to be fired IMHO.

In YOUR state you want to check and see if a mere "inspection" requires something a bit more than a P107. In NC you can't use inspection/survey etc or you are required to carry a professional designation after your name (Survery etc).

I suggest the following:
1. Cash only.
2. At least $300 per roof.
3. The customer owns the chip/video. You do not do the editing.
A. Once you become proficient in roof inspections it is usually
about an hour setup to finish unless the roof/house is huge
or has a myriad of peaks/valleys/hard-to-see/access construction.
4. Do it when the sun is right. Look at the roof/location on Google Earth
to determine what time of day the shadows will be minimal.
5. Be VERY mindful of the wind! In order to get into some of the peaks
and valleys you may have to disable proximity warning systems.
Not a bad idea to use prop protectors but they can tend to “sail”
the drone a bit.
Have fun!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20