ROLL CALL: People Who have experienced P3P 1.2.6 firmware Issues - To be Sent to DJI "Customer Svc"

I have had mi P3P for 3 days brand new...on my first day I updated firmware on the quad andcthe RC. In both instances it went flawless. I have been up in the air for about 3 hours and so far I have not encountered any problem as mentioned in this thread. The only thing is I am getting this message from the Pilot app saying something like "google.apsss..not responding" (sorry do not recall the exact words).

One question to all posters that have had problems: have you encountered problems right after firmware update...or hours into flight?

A GPS "error" led to my 3DR Solo crashing and guess what? They replaced it in a week, communicated frequently about the support matter and resolved my issue. I had a P3P which suddenly crashed 7.5 weeks ago and not only have they not told me ONE thing but they refuse to answer my follow up questions! I have absolutely NO idea what they are doing or IF they are doing anything. I've had it with that company! :mad::mad::mad:

Forgot to mention - also have had trouble getting the motors to shut down since the last upgrade - upon CSC they stop and then start again.

I had no issues until new update...
*Gimbal not communicating with R/C
*VPS or running hot
*Video Display Flickers
*Error Message- "com.google.process.gapps"
*Radio Channel Quality message appears rotating between Poor & Good
*Error Message- Strong Interference, please be cautious in long distance flight
*Error Message- Reception Interference do not fly long distances

I had a problem 2 days ago. It flipped and crashed upside down shortly after take off. I notice there is a reduction in performance after upgrading to v1.2.6. Also the P3 seems to hover with less accuracy compared to the first time I got it on v1.1.9.

A GPS "error" led to my 3DR Solo crashing and guess what? They replaced it in a week, communicated frequently about the support matter and resolved my issue. I had a P3P which suddenly crashed 7.5 weeks ago and not only have they not told me ONE thing but they refuse to answer my follow up questions! I have absolutely NO idea what they are doing or IF they are doing anything. I've had it with that company! :mad::mad::mad:

What you said about 3DR should be understandable. That company is a fraction in size of DJI. If 3DR was selling as much product over the coarse of several years, they would also have similar growing pains to deal with.

Let's hope that 3DR and other manufacturers make a big impact on the industry. It is never good for any company to have a monopoly.

Don't waste your time with submitting claims. Call the tech's and ask them what it says on your account claim as for the status, and ask if it is in shipping yet.

Reactions: TacAir42
I have a camera issue after the recent upgrade that the gimble glitches slowly down as I'm trying to pan downwards, but when I go up its smooth as can be. Never had this problem at all till now.

The other issue is the ultrasonic interference land immediately signal just about 2 out of 5 flights. Never had that issue either till now.

The compass now points 70 degrees off of home point nose direction even after multiple calibrations, imu, stick...etc. it shows that I'm 15 to 20 feet away when in actually I'm right next to the phantom. So to agree or not to agree it comes down to I had no issues till the recent update of 1.2.8 or whatever it is.. and now all this... so dji needs to get on it.

You know, I had all these issues on 1.1.9 also. I thought - it is ok, as it is a cheap Chinese toy.

I updated (now regrettably) to 1.2.8 last week and it only took one short 10 minute flight to scare me enough not to fly until an update that fully addresses the issues with the firmware is available. At first I noted the issues with VPS, which I was okay with because I can just turn it off. Nine minutes or so into my flight the video and data feed to my iPhone 6 was lost and I'd not come back on. Lucky I was close when it happened and flew back and landed. Even after I turned everything off and back on, and exited the app and re-opened it, the app did not connect back until I fully closed out the app and restarted it. Is this a common issue? What is the thing to do when this happens and you are a long ways away? Close the app in mid flight and restart it?

I updated from 1.1.9 because of laggy/choppy video. IOS had updated automatically to newest version.

I updated the quad but the RC update would not work (yes I followed every single instruction perfectly). I did this now 7 times total. "RC needs updating" still shows.
I'm getting the same issues as everyone. Video display flickers, communication errors, signal loss. I've never purchased anything that gave me so much excitement followed by disappointment so fast. Good luck everybody........

@flyNfrank any findings from the data file I sent you? The bird has been shipped back to DJI in Cali and now the wait begins.
I posted on it quite some time ago. You must have missed it?

I have a camera issue after the recent upgrade that the gimble glitches slowly down as I'm trying to pan downwards, but when I go up its smooth as can be. Never had this problem at all till now.

The other issue is the ultrasonic interference land immediately signal just about 2 out of 5 flights. Never had that issue either till now.

The compass now points 70 degrees off of home point nose direction even after multiple calibrations, imu, stick...etc. it shows that I'm 15 to 20 feet away when in actually I'm right next to the phantom. So to agree or not to agree it comes down to I had no issues till the recent update of 1.2.8 or whatever it is.. and now all this... so dji needs to get on it.

I know the short term fix for you on your issues. It has helped numerous others.

Go in your User Center and click the cloud to sync you flight log files if you save them. If you don't save them, then skip this part.

Next on the device you use to fly with delete the app completely.

Next install the app once again.

Next in MC Settings go in the gimbal section and select the auto calibration.

Next in MC Settings go to RC Control Settings, select RC Calibration, select Calibrate and move the sticks as directed. DO NOT forget to also calibrate the Gimbal Wheel in that same process. The meter graph for this is displayed near the bottom of the two stick images.

Next in MC Settings go to Sensors, select IMU Calibration, select OK after following directions for level area, and begin process. Once finished save process by rebooting the quad.

Next and last process is to calibrate compass and once again save settings by rebooting quad. DONE

The only other thing you probably need is to disable the VPS feature. This is if the quad has not flown properly.

Be sure to come back and update how things turned out for you.

Last edited:
Right on... I will definitely get that done and report back. I won't be able to get to it till Friday as I work 12 hr shifts. 2 more days of my rotation. But thank you very much for looking out!!!!

Right on... I will definitely get that done and report back. I won't be able to get to it till Friday as I work 12 hr shifts. 2 more days of my rotation. But thank you very much for looking out!!!!

I personally would bet the bank this will help. It is actually what a service tech gave me to fix the exact same issue as what you have mentioned.

@flyNfrank Thank you for your analysis of the data from my downed bird. It arrived at DJI LA today and am curious as to what they will have to say about it.

My P3P was doing great. I have no issues when I still have the 1.1.9 in it. when I updated to the latest 1.2.6 firmware. I noticed the following on my first flight just after the firmware update.
*Motors seems to sound louder like at times sounds like a grinding noise.
*Vibrate a lot.
*Drifting in a no wind situation.
*from 8ft hover after taking off then I released sticks and the unit slowly descent and keep on going
until I interfere when it reach 4 feet.
*Vision positioning system seem not working. the unit drifts to left or right, backwards and forward.
this happens when I am indoor hovering 4 to 5 ft.
*It don't fly straight, always drifts to the right. no wind condition.
*The camera is little to the left. it's not parallel to the unit.
*line of sight flying, antenna are perpendicular to the ground and I saw a red warning. saying weak signal, no signal at around 500 feet (not meter), the warning lasted maybe 2 seconds.
Note: I've calibrated IUM trice already since I have the new firmware update. also auto calibrate the
gimbal. I've cooled the Phantom (left it outside for at least 45 minutes to get it cooled as much as
possible before calibrating and I live in Alaska so it is cool outside). My Phantom was dandy and fly
really smooth before this firmware update. I have logged in total of 7 hours flight prior to the new firmware update. I've never had problem or issue then.

Man thats exactly whats happening in my p3p after upgrade,
Moreover the ios app 1.2.0 is sucks.
Hope they will fix all those errors soon. As im not flying my p3p since those frimeware and app reales, its scary and not safe ,

@flyNfrank Thank you for your analysis of the data from my downed bird. It arrived at DJI LA today and am curious as to what they will have to say about it.

You're welcome. It will probably be 4-5 weeks before they even attempt to contact you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.