reversing throttle function ?

Reaction score
Hello I'm ne to the forum and to the phantom 2. Having flown rc aircraft for many years in my younger days,I just can't get used to the throttle on the ph 2 controller,ie up is up down for down, the throttle is basically the elevator,and for me pullling back on the left hand stick to go up would be far more natural. By reversing the function of the throttle using the phantom assistant I can achieve my requirement. My concern is, will this affect the return to home /failsafe feature in any way? to start thr motors I have to push left stick to top right and rigth stick to the normal bottom left, same to stop the motors. I hav'nt flown with this change in settings as yet but the function of the throttle/elevator has changed as I wanted.
Kind regards .

molsal said:
Hello I'm ne to the forum and to the phantom 2. Having flown rc aircraft for many years in my younger days,I just can't get used to the throttle on the ph 2 controller,ie up is up down for down, the throttle is basically the elevator,and for me pullling back on the left hand stick to go up would be far more natural. By reversing the function of the throttle using the phantom assistant I can achieve my requirement. My concern is, will this affect the return to home /failsafe feature in any way? to start thr motors I have to push left stick to top right and rigth stick to the normal bottom left, same to stop the motors. I hav'nt flown with this change in settings as yet but the function of the throttle/elevator has changed as I wanted.
Kind regards .

I understand the feeling especially if you pay First Person Games or fly FPV. It's more natural to pull back on the stick like an elevator and go up. I have adjusted to the existing controls, but everything works normally in your case except for what you changed.

Just train yourself not to panic when you are in GPS mode to just let go of the stick and allow the phantom to stop itself dead center. Or if you are in ATT mode that let go of the throttle stick and it will maintain altitude just use the right stick to stabilize.

In Naza Mode HL and CL operate the same.

d4ddyo said:
Just train yourself not to panic when you are in GPS mode to just let go of the stick and allow the phantom to stop itself dead center. Or if you are in ATT mode that let go of the throttle stick and it will maintain altitude just use the right stick to stabilize.

+1

molsal, the difference here from what you're used to is that the "pull back the stick to go up" physics apply to aircraft that are moving forward through the air, where making the nose go up and down has a different effect than pitching a multirotor.

As d4ddyo pointed out, it can be hard to get your mind around that if you're used to playing video games (or flying fixed-wing RC). If you are a gamer, I would suggest finding one with helicopters (i.e. Battlefield series) and spend some time with those...the WASD will act like the left stick on the Phantom controller, and your mouse will work just like the right stick. Get used to those physics in game and it'll make it easier to fly the Phantom with the default controller setup.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair