Return to Home

Reaction score
If you do a normal take off and then get the drone to follow you as you mountain bike down then presumably hitting the return to home button (or having it being activated due to a break in communications) this will result in the drone flying back up the mountain to land at the original take off location.

Seems to me that we need to have a RTH function that returns to your last known location. Is this built into the DJI Go app?

No -- DJI GO does not have a dynamic home point feature. You could manually reset the home point though.

You can periodically manually "update" your home position within the DJI GO app and that would "instruct" the UAV where the new home point was located.

Thanks. I thought it might be. Good job I am a developer ;-)

I thought it could be set to return to the controller position in the app?
Return to HOME, land or hover. You can force an update if your home position but a little inconvenient is some instances, like when you are using follow mode.

Which means if I do some adventure cycling and Mavic is in "follow me " mode and for some reason "Failsafe RTH" is activated, Mavic will return to it`s position were it took off?

Which means if I do some adventure cycling and Mavic is in "follow me " mode and for some reason "Failsafe RTH" is activated, Mavic will return to it`s position were it took off?
Yes -- unless you reset the home point after it took off.

Which I will have to do every few minutes whilst in "Follow me" mode for incase I loose signal or something goes wrong for Mavic to go into "Failsafe RTH". Is there no other way or setting to get past this?

Does Litchi have everything the DJI Go app does? Will it probably take awhile to get a Mavic Implementation going?

Pretty much, plus a little more "power user" features.

Mavic implementation will depend on how soon/different its SDK is released and the Litchi team can get it included into the build. If it is a lot different, they may very well have a Litchi Mavic version, like they did with the Phantom 2.

Reactions: kmaluo
Pretty much, plus a little more "power user" features.

Mavic implementation will depend on how soon/different its SDK is released and the Litchi team can get it included into the build. If it is a lot different, they may very well have a Litchi Mavic version, like they did with the Phantom 2.
So as long as the Litchi version is based on the current DJI Go build, there should be no reason to have to use Go? Unless updating firmware maybe?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav