Return to home working right?

C

CarlJacrispy

So I wanted to take some video of my evap cooler for another forum, I attempted to take off in my backyard, LOL way to small just missed a bunch of stuff but got it back safely.

So I go to the front of the house, flew it from there got my video and just then the low battery voice came on, did not have a lot of juice left..So I just hit return to home and the drone started to drop right at 0:26 as you see in the video, I then took over. But the whole time you will see, it wanted to land wherever it was and had to control it the whole time till it was over the driveway for a safe landing.. What happened? This is the first time this has happened all the other times no matter where it is at, it comes back to me and lands about 3 feet away

Should it not of risen 20 or 30 feet and then come back over to the house and land where I was at I had 10 -13 satellites on my GPS I am newbie so be kind

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Per the Phantom manual, the Phantom will auto land at its current location if you initiate RTH when its within 20 meters (65 feet) of the home point. There are some other important things you should know about RTH too, so be sure to carefully read the "Return-to-Home (RTH)" section of the Phantom manual.

if within 20m / 65 feet of homepoint , it will not RTH , it will land instead , also if battery is critically low it will just land , reread the manual

... and some people say everyone should be just fine using RTH to fly home all of the time. Thread after thread of issues with RTH use.

Why did you fly with a partially charged battery? thats what initiated the landing.

Why did you fly with a partially charged battery? thats what initiated the landing.
That will only cause a landing if the battery reaches the critically low level. The OP said he initiated RTH.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic