Return to Home not working consistently with DJI Go and Litchi apps

Reaction score
Hello, I have been learning how to use Litchi in planning some waypoint missions... also using DJI Go app as well...

I have experienced the same action in executing the RTH command in both apps where the drone starts to drop in elevation from where its position is when the RTH signal is received.

After performing a compass calibration in DJI Go, the RTH command worked well for a while, but at some point, this same action returned.

Question. does performing a compass calibration one of the solutions for this RTH issue?

Question. I am using the DJI Smart Controller... when getting the voice commands from Litchi, it is not an understandable, so I am presuming is that this compass calibration is the same as in DJI Go, where you do the horizontal counterclockwise rotation, followed by a vertical counterclockwise rotation.

Thanks

Rob

Hello, I have been learning how to use Litchi in planning some waypoint missions... also using DJI Go app as well...
I have experienced the same action in executing the RTH command in both apps where the drone starts to drop in elevation from where its position is when the RTH signal is received.

After performing a compass calibration in DJI Go, the RTH command worked well for a while, but at some point, this same action returned.
Question. does performing a compass calibration one of the solutions for this RTH issue?

Question. I am using the DJI Smart Controller... when getting the voice commands from Litchi, it is not an understandable, so I am presuming is that this compass calibration is the same as in DJI Go, where you do the horizontal counterclockwise rotation, followed by a vertical counterclockwise rotation.
Compass calibration affects the compass and nothing else.
It has no effect on the things you mentioned.
And there is normally no reason at all to recalibrate the compass unless you have rebuilt or modified it.
If your drone is flying and hovering normally, don't recalibrate the compass or IMU.

There is only one RTH feature, the one baked into the drone's firmware.
Litchi uses the same RTH feature as DJI Go.

Your recorded flight data might help understand what's happening when you initiate RTH.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.

Compass calibration affects the compass and nothing else.
It has no effect on the things you mentioned.
And there is normally no reason at all to recalibrate the compass unless you have rebuilt or modified it.
If your drone is flying and hovering normally, don't recalibrate the compass or IMU.

There is only one RTH feature, the one baked into the drone's firmware.
Litchi uses the same RTH feature as DJI Go.

Your recorded flight data might help understand what's happening when you initiate RTH.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.
Meta4, thanks for the quick response... I continue to learn everyday!

I have a DJI Smart Controller, not a phone, nor tablet, but believe I found those flight records dji/dji.go.4/FlightRecord

Found a bunch of flight records in text format, so copied and downloaded all of those for today.... opened it up and its in Chinese,

Am i looking in the right place? I've attached one of the records...

Thanks

Rob

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2022-10-08_[09-13-25].txt
    270.1 KB · Views: 124
Am i looking in the right place? I've attached one of the records...
Here's what that flight data looks like:

That RTH seems perfectly normal.
You initiated RTH at 14:39.0 with the drone 130 ft away at a height of 60 ft.
The drone climbed and reached the set RTH height of 98 ft at 1:22.1 and commenced flying towards a point above the home point at that height.
At 1:43.1 it commenced autolanding to the home point.

Meta4, I continue to learn everyday :)

followed through on your phantom link above voila ....

Thanks

Meta4, have had a chance to review several Flight Records as you have suggested... while most follow the flight processes e.g. START MOTOR-P-GPS-WAYPOINT-GO HOME-AUTOLANDING all in there proper sequence.

A few however do not follow that, and believe I have identified those offending Flight Records.

This Flight Record is representative of others, where I am flying in P-GPS mode, and presumably executed an RTH command... however, in the Flight Record, it does not show the GO HOME command, but rather goes to AUTO LANDING, with the immediate drop in elevation from when it executed that command.

Why didn't the GO HOME command appear? How would the AUTO LANDING command be invoked? Is that part of the RTH command?

Appreciate your assistance.

Rob

Late to the party and my apologies for that. Meta4 has answered your question regarding RTH anomolies.

Regarding garbled speech when running Litchi on the smart controller, if you have chosen the method of side loading google services and the playstore to load the playstore version of Litchi rather than rhe Amazon version then you need to install the Google text to speech .apk which will resolve that problem for you. This may be fhe same with the Amazon store version I am unsure but it’s not going to hurt to load the tts.apk in any event.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31