Retrieving Video from iPad

Couple things you can do - I have a couple usb to SD adapters that are made for the IOS devices so you can copy the file from the ios to the sd in the adapter then copy to the Windows PC. (eBay)
other option is to install a file transfer program which will allow you pc to see it as a drive and copy the file. I think it's called imobie any trans for the pc and you may also need to install this on the ipad - not sure as I am not near my ipad at the moment. In any case it works very well.
Yeah, I grudgingly loaded iTunes onto my PC and after much wailing and gnashing of teeth, figured out how to get them to the PC. Mac doesn't "think" like a PC, so the drag-and-drop theory in my head didn't go too far. Anyway, I got them transferred. Kind of Low-Res, but I went back to the subject the next day and just took more, after formatting the SD card and checking them out on my laptop right away after taking them. All is well.

Thanks for the reply

Great you brought us up to date. Many posters leave us all hanging about the outcome.

And in closing, I picked up a couple of new micro SD cards. The one I was using seems to work, but I think it's going to be used for less important things for awhile; at least until it proves itself trustworthy...

Format in the bird then transfer via usb cable to a PC. A format in a drone may not exactly match the formatting on a PC or the formatting in a camera or phone. Swapping back and forth can lead to these errors. Keeping it in place and using a generic transfer should help avoid the issue.

Hey dude. Sorry I'm a little late. Those video caches on your iPad are for emergency use only, but the EASIEST way to grab those videos actually in DJI GO app! You go to editor in DJI GO app and find your video you want. You click on that video and you will see it pop up. Look in the far bottom left corner of your screen and click the little download button. A pop-up dialogue box will open that says "Save video to device". Click that, and you will have that video on your iPad. You can retrieve that video with iTunes, but that's a pain. My favorite way is to use Google drive or Dropbox so I can share it among my devices with ease. I have the same issue as you. I am a loyal pc and Android user, but someone tried to win me over to the other side by giving me an iPad. I still use Windows and Android for everything, but I like the big bright screen of my iPad. Hate the ios operating system, but it works for me!:)

Hey dude. Sorry I'm a little late. Those video caches on your iPad are for emergency use only, but the EASIEST way to grab those videos actually in DJI GO app! You go to editor in DJI GO app and find your video you want. You click on that video and you will see it pop up. Look in the far bottom left corner of your screen and click the little download button. A pop-up dialogue box will open that says "Save video to device". Click that, and you will have that video on your iPad. You can retrieve that video with iTunes, but that's a pain. My favorite way is to use Google drive or Dropbox so I can share it among my devices with ease. I have the same issue as you. I am a loyal pc and Android user, but someone tried to win me over to the other side by giving me an iPad. I still use Windows and Android for everything, but I like the big bright screen of my iPad. Hate the ios operating system, but it works for me!:)

If you read the original post, the files on the SD card are no more. Hence his wanting to use the cached files.

First connect your iPad to pc via usb cable, then you can use an iOS Assistant tool to help you transfer videos from iPad to PC easily.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20